Sunday, April 02, 2023

WOODLANDS MARKET


Morning!

We are off to market this morning, out at Gordonton.

Thanks to Daylight Saving ending, the clocks go BACK, so we get an extra hour to sleep in.  Yes!

AND set up time at the market venue isn't until 7.30, so not an horrendously early start for us.

Late yesterday afternoon I decided to make an extra runner for the market.  Something I've been thinking of doing for about a week.

ABOVE: The same 'pattern' as the Kiwiana runners, but using multi-colours.  I want to use more of the fabrics in my stash, that are not getting used much.
I think it's cute.
What do you think?
Too bright?
Or nice?

We are all packed up and ready to go, I just have to make my hot drink to go.  I bought a 2nd Thermas Bottle for my hot drink.  I can fit 3 cups full of me Mochaccino/Caramel Latte mix in it.  It will be nice to have a hot drink once we finish setting up and start to cool down.  I am absolutely LOVING my hot drink!  So weird saying that.   I now drink more than just Diet Coke.  😋😊

Time to get off here and get a move on.
Catch ya later.


...
FOGGY START TO THE DAY... but its not cold.


Above: a queue to get on the field at 7.15am.

ABOVE: All set up and ready for the peeps. 
Time for a nice hot drink.

ABOVE: Fog cleared mid morning... and now we have a glorious day. 
It is, sadly, a very slow market.  No hoards of people, just a slow trickle.
Very disappointing. 
Can't wait to pack up and go home.
Our new chairs are, thankfully, very comfortable. 

6.45 pm:  Well it was an 'average' day at that market.  Everyone was saying it was super slow today, and they wouldn't be wrong.
We will continue to attend that market, but only on days it's going to be fine.  It would be a disaster in wet weather.

I managed to grab a Nana Nap this afternoon, which was much needed.  I had been awake since 4 am.  I was knackered.

Now?  Just cooked and ate some dinner.  Chicken and Bacon pasta with cheese.  Very nice.

We are now just relaxing, watching the TV till bedtime.
Though, I might venture into the garage and work on something for transporting things to markets easier.  I'll show you what at a later date.

11 comments:

  1. Lol... sorry. I forgot to hit 'PUBLISH' this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! That explains it!
      Get in that booth for a photo. It would be so cute! The sign says Chris Harvey. A a pic of you in your booth, surrounded by your creations would be darling! It might be useful on promotional goods, or facebook posts, and so on.
      Oh - and I do Love the new colorway. It is so happy and cheerful. When you are selling retail, there can be a wide variety for individual styles, and tastes. And that one is truly darling.
      UH OH, that would make REALLY cute baby goods... like a portable changing pad, crib bumpers, etc...

      Delete
  2. Nice set up 🙂 have a good day
    #Lacy 💜💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiwionholidays10:30 AM

    Hope you have a good successful day guys
    Stall looks fab,
    Happy sales
    P.S.
    Fog start usually brings a good day in the Mighty Waikato ,
    N Well done the Chiefs last night 🥝🏉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:52 AM

    Your set up looks mint Chris - have a great day. Can't believe you have joined the dark side Chris and drinking "hot" bevies - but probably good timing going into winter to have a nice warm drink. Maria(Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot drinks Chris, oh wow I never thought I would hear that here. Hope you have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the numbers have picked up and u now have steady flow of customers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that runner!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your booth looks so great, just like a little store to shop in. My event today was super slow too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colourful runner.
    Glad your chairs are comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:43 AM

    Oh my gosh! That last minute runner is my all-time favourite! It's beautiful! Colleen x

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.