Friday, April 28, 2023

CHOP CHOP

 So, while my weight has been fluctuating of late, and pissing me off... one thing that does tickle me fancy is this:

ABOVE:  There's a few items of clothing that are far too big now, but I don't want to give them away.  So, I'm chopping them up, stitching them up and making them smaller.

That black long sleeve T is such good quality... I'm so happy I thought of running the sides in.

I've got a couple more linen dresses that need the same treatment too.

Today I'm still working on the Cat Wall Hangings.  They will be all done by the end of the day, then I can post them off to you K.

ABOVE:  Just showing you how the cases open. You press on each end and it just pops open.  So quick and easy.

Let it go, and it snaps closed again.


ABOVE:  I have six all ready for tomorrow's market in 
Cambridge .


Another busy morning.  Off to Spotlight first thing for some necessary supplies.  Gosh don't little things add up fast?

ABOVE:  There's probably about $40 just there, let alone the other shit I had to get to finish off various projects.  
I sure hope we do well at market tomorrow to cover it!  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜Š  Fingers crossed.

ABOVE:  A good job done.  And on Monday they will be off south to a long time friend/blog reader.

Now, I really need to do some work tidying up the sewing room AGAIN!  It's like a bomb went off in here.

2.57 pm:  STILL doing the sewing room!  I told ya it was a tip eh?  Got heaps done though, and that makes me happy.
I can come back in here on Sunday or Monday and start making a new mess.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‹

Oh, I've already sold the Fat Bottomed Girl Glasses Case!  To an FBG friend in Cambridge who saw it on the blog.
Luckily I had one more top to put on a case, so I quickly made another FBG Glasses Case to take to market tomorrow.  

7.44 pm:  And then I sold ANOTHER FBG Glasses case to a friend in Palmerston North.  So I've sold 4 Glasses Cases in the past couple of days, and a coin purse.
Awesome.
All sold after being seen on the blog, which is neat.

Now... Stew and I just got home from having dinner at the local Indian Restaurant.  They were super busy, with two really big groups in for dinner while we were there.

The food was excellent as per usual.   

It has been a very busy day, and I'm absolutely knackered.  Time to just relax till bedtime.  It will be an early start for us in the morning, so bedtime might just be a bit early.  πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š
Catch ya tomorrow.


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:06 AM

    I love how you are taking in your shirts and dresses, such a smart idea. Sending good wishes your way for a successful market tomorrow. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a t shirt I must take in as well. I just keep putting it off
    What are you doing with the threads, I can’t imagine you doings cross stitch as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done cross stitch in my younger days! Tablecloths and doilies primarily. The threads I got today are for stitching the fabric glasses/coin purses to the crocheted tops that Bex so kindly makes for me.

      Delete
  3. Kiwionholidays5:58 PM

    So neat to see the new combined ✅
    Thingys for the markets .
    So neat you can work in together ,,
    I got Kiwiana glasses cases in Christchurch ,at the arts markets ages ago while on holidays ,,,so I am sure they will be a winner,πŸ₯

    All the best for the markets πŸ’―and as usual a great blog from you there Chris, keeping us up to date on what,s happening while we are away,

    Take care
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sewing room is a disaster too. I got side tracked playing with all these patterns to resell. I find embroidery thread in thrift shops sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.