Thursday, April 13, 2023

POUCHES

 OK... today is gunna be a sewing day for sure.

I want to get 2-3 larger pouches made in readiness for the market we have on Saturday.

The two I made a couple of weeks ago were sold straight away, so fingers crossed that can happen again.

When Bex and I were at Card Night last week our hostess used some really lovely cup 'n' saucer sets.

Bex and I loved them, so Bex went online right there and then, and ordered us some.

They arrived yesterday:

ABOVE:  Now I have two gorgeous cups 'n' saucers.  They are a very generous size, and lovely to hold.

I will definitely use them when I have my VERY OCASSIONAL hot drink!

ABOVE:  So that's how this area looks without the big coffee table on the rug.  

Do ya think it looks OK like that?

When we have visitors, I've got  a couple of little side tables that I can put out to be used.

But for now, I feel like it opens up the room quite well.


ABOVE:  My only quandary now is that the dining area is a bit cluttered.

And clutter is what I'm furiously trying to eliminate, as much as my compulsive self can stand! 

Right, I'm off to make a start on my day.

I hope you pop in and say 'Hi'... so I don't feel lonely!


TWO positives for the day...

The serviceman is coming in 12 days to look at my non-functioning recliner.

AND even BETTER... the goddam ITCH is GONE!
Finally.  5 weeks of hell.  GONE.

ABOVE:  One down, a couple to go.
The purple/green colour combo is so neat!
But the next one will be different.

ABOVE:  Another view of the family/dining room.   The larger coffee table fits between our chairs perfectly, and we have more room to put stuff on it now.  Though NOT too much stuff!

I would love to move the 'cart/trolley' from the dining area, but have absolutely nowhere to put it.
Same for the two seater couch in there.  
And as Stew pointed out last night, the two seater does get used when we have more than a couple of visitors.  He does not want to get rid of it.
I will TRY to find somewhere else for the trolley though, as it really does clutter up that area.

I just had my lunch, stir fry veges with my mince/bacon/tomato/onion mix on top.  Very yummy.  That should keep me going all day now.

And now... back to my sewing.


ABOVE:  Well... I did three today, and I might even get a 4th one done later on.
I have to laugh, they all ended up in the same colour ways!  Even though I added some Aqua Blue and Lilac.  Oh well, they are gorgeous. 
Now... time for a break.

7.15 pm:  Well that was a nice long break!  But not really.  I did some more sewing, mucked around with that bloody trolley till I found a place for it, out of the dining room.
I'll show you tomorrow.

Right now, it's time for some dinner.  Crackers/cheese 'n' ham I reckon will do me.

I can see how older people or people on their own don't bother with cooking dinners!  It's a fag.

Now that Stew and I do our 'dinners' at midday, it makes the end of the day so much easier.  Hmmm... isn't that what happens in Retirement homes too?  I'm sure they get their main meal at lunchtime. 
Must be some sort of reasoning to it.  

Anyway, I'm outta here.  It's time to just sit and relax, I've had a busy day.

12 comments:

  1. I love those cups especially the purple one.
    The lounge setting looks great good thinking.
    Enjoy your day sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you try the sugar free versions of the drinks you enjoy? I had the sugar free hot chocolate sachet sometimes - I see there are lots of varieties, maybe worth a go? I like that area with the table gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a delicious sugar free hot chocolate called avalanche. It's made in NZ and very few calories. It doesn't have that metallic aftertaste that many do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:13 AM

    I'm not sure about the cart where it is. I'm waffling. ;-) Is it necessary to be where you are? Do you need what is in the box near you? Is there another place for the cart? How is the coffee table fitting in-between your two chairs? I bet it really gives you extra space for your drinks, games, etc. Your home is so lovely, you are a wonderful decorator. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. The room looks good. My hubby uses the foot rest on the couch ALL OF THE TIME. You might really like it. Only problem is where to keep the Diet Coke...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:32 PM

    I agree about removing the cart,
    you have your counter/bar for serving.

    I also agree with you about removing the loveseat. Can it go in your garage, sewing room or dressing room to be sure you do not miss it?

    I have been aggressively decluttering the big stuff and the little stuff from my own house. I have removed something large from every room.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you use the trolley in your sewing room or one of the bedrooms?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:26 PM

    The coffee table in-between your chairs looks great. Could the trolley go catty-cornered in the dining room? Basically where it is now but closer to that last panel of glass and the wall? Set at an angle? Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Living room looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:15 AM

    Do you use the table next to your chair as a desk/pulled in front, or does it stay to the side? Trolley could replace it if it stays to the side. And then you can pull trolley out for serving.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kind of want a coffee table but I like the open space too. Need to get rid of Scott's nasty recliner and get a new one. I tried to get him to look at some but he didn't even try them out.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.