Wednesday, April 19, 2023

NO I CAN'T!

 The number of times this week I've gone to get in my car and drive to the supermarket, or some other place.

One time (yesterday) I was backing out of the garage before I remembered.

I'M IN ISOLATION!

It's not a nice feeling knowing you are not 'allowed' to leave your property while you have Covid.

I wonder how long it will take before all those restrictions are done away with?

Surely at some point in time, Covid will be treated just like the flu?  

I am sure that is coming.

Where having Covid is just another annoying bug that you feel ill with, but you don't have to actually isolate at home.

I am 100% sure there are already HEAPS of people who catch Covid, but just carry on with their normal days.  Going to work.  Shopping etc.

But not me.  I will wait until my iso time is up... Bring on Friday!

ABOVE:  Last night, I prepared a chicken soup to cook overnight in the Crock Pot. ABOVE: The soup before I turned the crock pot on.   It's slightly more than a chicken soup I suppose.  It's got bacon, onions, carrots, tomatoes, herbs and spices as well as chicken in it.  So, a real meal in one pot.

I can't wait to see how it looks this morning... it smells good from here.  (in bed)

Like yesterday, I'm hoping to get some sewing done this morning.  If I can get a couple of hours work done, I'll be happy.

Everything else, like shitty housework, can wait.

I think my day will go something like this:

Sewing.

Soup.

Sleep.  😂😅😊



ABOVE: I don't think they want me to get outta bed.
But my bladder says ... "GET THE HELL UP!"
So yeah... will be up and slowly getting shit done in a mo.

Bladder won.  Then I decided to put a load of washing on, and sort out the soup.

ABOVE:  I've got three containers full of it, 1 for the fridge and two for the freezer.
They will be for Stew, cos he likes his soup chunky.
Me?  Not so much.
So I put some in the blender and blended it to death.

ABOVE:  It's an 'interesting' texture to eat, but I like it.  I do not like big chunks of dry chicken, and that's what ya get with cooked chicken 9 times outta 10.

So that's a good job done.  NEXT...

ABOVE:  Thought I'd check how the progression was going, re: Covid.
NOT BAD!  It took a long time for the test line to show up today, and it's rather faint.  I'm thrilled to bits.
This means I'm bound to be NEGATIVE by Friday/Saturday.

Now, as for how I'm feeling?
Much, much better today.  I got some decent sleep last night.  I only coughed a bit, no vomitting.
My head is still fuzzy, but ya can't win them all.
I do believe that staying in bed as much as possible has helped me tremendously, AND the Anti Viral Medication too.

6.10 pm:  Stew just got home. And I'm hungry.  Soup is not very filling is it?
And being hungry is a good sign I'm definitely on the mend.
So I'm tempted to send him out for something yummy.  Hmmmm... what to have?

Dinner was fish 'n' chips.  Nothing fancy.  Full now.
I'll probably sleep like a log tonight.  That would be wonderful.
Catch ya tomorrow, my last day in Isolation.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:08 AM

    Hey Chris, sorry you’ve felt unwell with covid, unlike you I’ve had it once and had no symptoms at all. In Melbourne (and possibly the rest of Australia), we don’t have to isolate anymore. Also, unlike you, I’ve only ever cooked overnight in slow cooker once because every time I woke the smell drove me mad, in a bad way, not that it was unpleasant but I couldn’t stand the smell overnight. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How things have changed! I'm in Adelaide and when I had COVID a year ago SA Health actually sent someone to my house to check I was isolating.

      Delete
    2. No one checks you are self isolating here, and never have.

      Delete
  2. That soup looks delicious I have always cooked in crockpot at night wake up to hot yummy breakfast 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better. My son was only sick a few days but kept testing positive for weeks. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just goes to show we are all different in how we react to bugs. 😊

      Delete
  4. Glad you are improving. I also had covid twice. 6 months apart last year and it was not fun. Keep getting enough rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:12 AM

    Good you are feeling better....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.