Monday, April 10, 2023

NOT A USUAL MONDAY

ABOVE:  Poor Mike ended up staying home last night, he's bogged down with a horrid cold.  (NOT Covid).  He was sound asleep on the couch when we arrived home from the movies.  Of course I had to take a photo! 

I'm a serious blogger, nothing gets left out ... lol.
 

So, Mike and Joyce will be heading home this afternoon.  It's been so neat having them to stay these past few days.

Today:

Steve and Bex are both working this morning,  we expect them here after lunch to see Mike and Joyce off.

Dante and Archer have been at a friends for a sleep over, so they will be here after lunch as well.  Steve and Bex have enjoyed a little kid free time, which does not happen very often.

This morning we are going to the mall as I would like to suss out buying a 'smart watch'.

I didn't really intend on ever buying one, but I would like to track my steps, exercise etc and in order to do that, I want a watch.  One that I can wear in the pool too.

I am not going to lug my phone around 24/7, and that's what I would have to do for it to record everything.

The watches are not as expensive as I thought there were either, so that's good.

Steve and Bex both have smart watches, so I've been able to talk to them about them, which was helpful.

What else?  Hmmmm.  Not too sure.  Stew wants to get a few fresh veges from the supermarket.  So just boring shit really.

ABOVE: My biggest quandary today will be.... what colour watch shall I get?  lol  Not that there's much choice.  


FUNNY STORY:
Mike noticed that his dog had these weird black 'lumps' on his belly.  He was so worried about these lumps that he took him to the Vet.
The Vet looked, then said " That will be $70 thanks, and those lumps are his NIPPLES"!!!
HYSTERICAL.

Mike has asked me to tell you that when they got Beau his nipples were pink, so when he noticed the LUMPS, they were black.  So that's why he didn't realise they were Beau's nipples.
Yeah.  Still too funny.

Stew and I went to Harvey Norman's for the Smart Watch.  ONLY by the time I got there I'd changed my mind.
I did not get one.
My reasoning?
I DON'T NEED IT.
And I have vowed to not buy anything I really don't need.

So after all that... no watch.  😉😖😂

Home now, and Lacy is visiting so she can see Mike and Joyce again before they leave.

ABOVE: Lacy leaving... with a pile of leftovers.  She managed to drop the container of coleslaw all over the driveway.  Derrr.

ABOVE:  #2 and #6.  2nd Daughter and 3rd Son.

ABOVE:  The girls wanted to go with Mike and Joyce.  I doubt they would have got far before Marley regretted getting in the car, whereas Coco would have happily gone to Palmerston North!

ABOVE:  A few family snaps.  Sadly, Bex was not home from work to be in these.

We are meeting Steve 'n' Bex at Harvey Norman's, we might be getting something there after all.

Mike and Joyce left me a present under the pillows!  I'll show you what that was... tomorrow.  lol

While at Harvey Norman's this morning, we saw a jug/toaster combo on special.  The colour of both was gorgeous.
But as we didn't need a new jug, they got left there.
When we got home, because our toaster is broken, we decided to go back and get the new combo set.

Steve and Bex needed a new electric frying pan, and planned to go down to Harvey Norman to buy one, on sale.  So, they met us there.  

I took our 'old' jug with me, just in case they wanted it.  And they did.

So we all won today!

ABOVE: Bex with her 'new to her' jug.

ABOVE: Leaving the store happy.

ABOVE:  They look so lovely on my bench.  

Gosh it's been a bit of a 'get spoiled day' for sure.

It's now 3 pm, all is quiet in the house.  Might just put me feet up and do nothing!  😂  I feel like I've been doing that all weekend.  So lazy, but spending time with the kids is so worth it.

6.52 pm:  Well it's the end of Easter weekend here.  Time to gear up for the rest of the week.  Back to normal.

Catch ya tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:58 PM

    Great weekend with your family. Boys have grown so much. No smiles? Can't wait to see what your afternoon brings. I bought a Smart watch to match my phone but something prevents it synchronizing with my phone??kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:50 PM

      Haha the boys are very tired after their sleep over usually they do smile bex

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:36 PM

      Forgot about the sleepover Bex.

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter to you and the family. We made sushi and saw a robin. The snow was melting today. Yeah, spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great color on the new kitchen gadgets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bex looks like she's lost heaps of weight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:05 PM

      Hehe thanks yes I have lost a bit thanks to the new job 🙂 bex

      Delete
  5. Loving the colour of your new stuff 💙🩵

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:15 AM

    Loved seeing all of the family pics and fun everyone had over the Easter weekend. Is there also a wide slot on your new toaster or just two regular slots? You mentioned in another post about gaining weight, could it be from the hot sugary drinks you are now drinking? I'm not sure of what type of sweetener is in them, could be zero, so I'm just wondering. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.