Monday, April 17, 2023

A CHRISTENING

 

ABOVE:  I tried one of my  new cups last night.  It was so lovely... such a beautiful cup.  Just the right size (Biggish), feels nice in ya hands.  I will certainly enjoy using them.

Last night was another night from hell.  I'm dead on my feet.  I have a very low tolerance to coughing, before it causes me to throw up, which is a right pain in the butt.  I can't say I'm feeling any better today. My throat was so bad overnight I literally got no sleep at all. Popping panadol all night didn't help either.

So it will be a sit on me bum sorta day.

ABOVE:  This is the Village Green in Te Kowhai.  Hmmm... porta loos.  Nice... not.

I hope they are clean at least.  There's 50 stalls booked in for Saturday, plus about 6 food stalls.  I wonder if 2 loos is gunna be enough?  Stew thinks they will bring in some more for the day.  I suppose time will tell.

Right, I suppose I will roll over and just BE.

Read the news, some YouTube, Instagram, bla bla bla.

No point making too many plans.  Freakin' Covid. 😖😕😒


I just had a phone call from our medical clinic. They are having delivered to me the Covid Anti Viral medication, along with a whole raft of other meds to combat all my symptoms.  For FREE! WOW. 
Seems being a diabetic and OLD qualifies me for all that.
Nice. 
Meanwhile.. I'm a still in bed. So comfy and warm with my girls curled up beside me.

ABOVE: Rather proud of myself. I'm still in bed! And its 11.03 am. 
I'm thinking of getting up soon and making some lunch.
Kinda hungry. Its a long time since lunchtime yesterday.
I only had a hot drink last night, cos my throat was so sore.
Hopefully I can tolerate something soon.

My medications arrived at the door around 1.30 pm.  I leapt out of bed and got to the door and shit!  Nearly passed out right there and then.

Felt soooooo sick!  Dizzy.  Ears ringing. Broke out in a sweat.  Was not fun at all.
So I went back to bed after taking my first lot of Anti Virals.

And I have only just got up properly, and got dressed!  And it's like, 3.45 in the afternoon!
Wow, not stayed in me nightie for that long in YEARS.
But, moving on.

I am certainly feeling a bit better after dozing on and off all day, and literally doing nothing.

Hopefully by tomorrow the improve continues.

COLLEEN:  So weird, I didn't even think of that being the cause of my 'near faint' episode.  Of course it as a low blood sugar event.  I'd not eaten a thing in over 26 hours!  And I was dehydrated too.

I've done my best to eat and drink more this afternoon evening, and am feeling much better.

All my covid symptoms have eased a bit too, so I'm very hopeful for a better night's sleep.  ANY sleep would be good!

Stew gave me a FruJu iceblock from out of our freezer, that was really nice on my throat.  A bit too sweet, but oh well.  Ya can't have everything bang on.

I'm going to sign off now, it's been a very long, slow, lazy day.  It felt weird.

14 comments:

  1. Hope you recover quickly. Razor blade throat is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay put in bed...look after yourself i didnt thought I am beyond that and 3 months later still paying for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:02 AM

    Agreed, sit still if you can, and rest! Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news on the meds. Just rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how nice to live in a country that cares about you and offers health insurance.... and to this level! I am so impressed! I hope the meds arrive quickly and take effect even quicker! You... in bed at 11:03 is rather telling. Stay Healthy, Stew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:45 PM

    I hope the Anti-virals shorten and lessen the severity of your symptoms its so frustrating that this virus just won't quit. In Australia they don't really discuss it anymore - strangely - it went from non-stop to nothing. It would be nice to know what the reality is at this present time but it seems like we don't need to know anymore - move on. The news is frustrating like that - you get non stop coverage on a topic and then it just drops off into a abyss and its like is well has that been resolved who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:29 PM

    Sounds like a low blood sugar episode. Remember to eat! Even if it's just hot soup! xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG. You are sick! Rest up. Get better. Sounds yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What Colleen said. You must keep your sugars up. Don't worry about points at this stage. Just keep those fluids up and nibble where you can. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope it all passes quickly. Bravo kiwi medical system for giving all those meds, and promptly too. Cross fingers they work

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg you poor sausage 🩵

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I tested positive for the second out of covid I was on day 6 and missed the anti viral train boy I do hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was very lucky to get them in time. Day 4 for me.

      Delete
  13. Anonymous4:39 AM

    Oh my gosh, Chris. You are really having a time of it this go around. Get Better!! Dawn P. Albany, GA USA

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.