Tuesday, April 11, 2023

GIRLS GET GROOMED TODAY

 Today the girls go to the groomers again.  I was just saying a couple of days ago that they must be due to go again, and boom!  I get a reminder they have an appointment today at 11.30.

Just as well the groomers send reminders, cos I can never remember when they are due to go.

I will be cancelling their next appointment though, as they don't need to be groomed in the middle of winter.  They freeze!

I mentioned yesterday that Mike and Joyce left a little present for me, under the pillows on the bed they used.

ABOVE: It was the funky sweatshirt Mike had bought for himself!  Seems I get to wear it first.  THANK YOU so much Mike and Joyce, I love it.

It's the very first item of clothing I've ever worn from H & M.  'Before', none of their clothing would fit me.   I must stop moaning about still being fat, I'm not that bad, and I'm still working on losing more.

I have just plateaued lately.  I just need to break through and get going again.

And I will.

Right now though, my day's plan is to do some housework.  Primarily cleaning the skirting boards!  They are easily forgotten... so that is my plan for today.  Clean them.  I will be shuffling around the house on me arse with a bucket of hot, soapy water!  Just picture it, I'm sure it will amuse you for a moment.

...9.10 am:  and shit!  Skirting boards are hard work.  Particularly when you add in full cleans of the bathrooms/wet room.  
I doubt I'm gunna get all the skirting boards done today.
I'm also spot cleaning walls as I go too... so yeah.  A big job.

It feels like a Monday, when I do most of the housework to be honest.  I bet most people feel like it's Monday too.  Long weekends sure mess with ya daily clock.

And I just dropped the girls off at the groomers.  Marley needed some 'gentle' persuasion to get in the room.  😂😁😀  Poor thing, she started shaking the moment I put her harness on.  She knew.

Now... all is quiet here.  My hands are wrecked from the cleaning products.  I really should learn to wear gloves.  I'm done for the day, in relation to cleaning anyway.  I'm gunna just relax for a little while, before perhaps doing some sewing.

2.20 pm:  The girls are home, they look gorgeous. They both embarrassed me by going toilet at the groomers!  Both of them.  And both 'ways' as well.   Stress I think makes them do that.

Anyway, they are home and sleeping it off.

I am very reluctantly going to WW this evening, where I WILL record a BIG gain.  There's no getting around it.

I think the hot drinks have a little to do with it, plus adding carbs back into my meals a bit too often.

Like, I made delicious savoury scones over the weekend, and I had my fair share of them.  I shouldn't have had any.

But, I can hand on heart say I did not have any chocolate!  I'm proud of that at least.

3 and a half hours till I weigh in.  

Well... as I expected I went up.  By 1.6 kilos.  That's a very big gain.
But it could have been worse!  At least I didn't hit the 2 kg mark.
Time to work harder, and not be quite so self indulgent.
AND get back to some exercise. 
 
AND stop drinking those hot drinks.  The WW leader tonight told me that I'm consuming half my daily points in drinks per day!!!  Oh hell.
I think I better reserve those hot drinks to market days only.

And that's me day done and dusted.  I'm glad I still went and weighed in, instead of going YEAH NAH, not going.  Being accountable and owning it.  
On to the next day.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:09 AM

    I'm picturing it 😆 back to work today no Lotto win bugger it GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:42 AM

    Hi I was wondering if the Dr has ever offered to prescribe you with Ozempic for your diabetes and possible weight loss....I was wondering if anyone reading your blog has tried this medication? Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t know what it’s like in NZ but Ozempic supplies are still hit and miss in Australia.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11:54 AM

    It is almost 5 pm here and I've stopped cleaning for the day. And the garbage cans are ready to be taken to the curb. I'm pooped. I need a maid. Ky Girl ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I never clean with gloves either.
    And it IS Monday! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, it's 12.59 on Tuesday afternoon here!

      Delete
  5. Your funky seeat shows your great weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure the groomers have lots of clients who do that. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhonda4:19 PM

    Love the top. It’s great how you are so honest in everything you do weight related and how you own it. Easter is over, you had a great time with your family. One gain won’t undo all you have achieved. Hard part is refocusing, but you’ve got this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:04 PM

    There are hot drinks with no sugar/calories. Tea for example.

    I know you will not, but I drink plain hot water. I too crave the heat. It does not mess with my bladder. Great way for me to push fluids.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it would be a cold day in hell before I drank water, hot or cold! lol

      Delete
  9. What were your hot drinks you were drinking? I'm sure you'll lose it all soon. My trainer I used to go to used to tell me you're not going to gain 2 pounds of fat over night, you just need to poop lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.