Sunday, April 23, 2023

BIG SLEEP IN!

9.15 am. We just woke up!

And it looks to be a nice day out there.

So thats great.  All my stock is spread out in the garage airing. Nothing got wet yesterday, just damp.


Not sure what we are doing today, just a cruisy day i reckon.

I'm still in bed. But will get up now I suppose


ABOVE: Everything in the garage.  I'm not looking forward to having to pack it all up again.

We wanted to put the gazebo up in the driveway today to dry it out too... but looking outside.  MEH.  NOT sunny.  Very overcast.  So that will have to wait till tomorrow, IF it's nice tomorrow.

This Tuesday is ANZAC Day.   So I'm sure plenty of people (like Stew) have taken the Monday off work to make it a 4 day weekend.

So, we can just enjoy the next three days, no stress, no jobs to do.  Just BE.

I do have Aqua Jogging tomorrow morning.  That will be good.  Though I will be taking it 'easy', cos I don't want to overdo it so soon after getting over Covid.

11.42 am: Stew and I just did a small grocery shop.  Had to go to two different shops to get all we wanted.  Countdown in Rototuna had NO EGGS... it's a shit shop to go to really.  They are so poor at restocking their shelves.

We can say that because when you go to ANY other supermarket they always have what Countdown Rototuna doesn't have.  

Anyway... we got all we needed/wanted and came home.

And now...

ABOVE: Don't mind if I do.

It's a Caramel Latte/Moccha mix.  So yum.

And No Marley, I don't have anything for you.  Sorry.

I got a dirty look from a New World worker today!  Cos I told Stew he wasn't to buy any dips, cos dips meant crackers/chips, and we didn't want to get FAT!  She (the worker) was a heavy lady... and the look on her face when I said that!  Looks could kill, I'd be dead.

I did say to her that we were trying to lose weight, but still... Oh well.

I suppose I should watch my mouth more carefully.  😞😖😂  But seriously, Stew and I used to eat FAR TOO MUCH of the chips 'n' dips and other crap.  It won't hurt us to keep that sort of stuff for special occasions. 

Bex and the boys called in for a visit.  Steve is working on a friend's pool fencing.

So after visiting for a while, we all piled into our cars and went to visit Steve and friends.

ABOVE:  And there's Steve, hard at work.  He's looking forward to a quiet beer this afternoon I'm sure.


ABOVE:  The friends are S & N, who took our girl Denim for us.  It's so nice that we still get to see her (and them of course).

She's a chunky monkey like her sister Marley.  So damn cute.


ABOVE:  All chillin', watching Steve work.

Kids playing outside, which is good to see.


ABOVE:  S & N bought a fire pit, concrete with a metal inner bowl for the 'fire' to burn in.  It rusted out in 3 months!

I noticed it (of course) and asked them what they were doing with the 'rusty bit'?  Getting it replaced was the answer.

So I kinda... NABBED the rusty bit!  And now it's in me garden, and will be a bird bath.  I'm debating if I leave it on the ground, or get a base for it?

10.54 pm:  Well we did do something with the rusty bit.... Stew knew I wouldn't want to wait!

I will show you tomorrow exactly what we did with it.

It's been a really lovely, relaxing day.  Time to sign off for the day.

Catch ya tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:34 PM

    I agree, much easier just not to have it in the house.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwionholidays7:38 PM

    Sounds like you guys had a mixed bag of a day like we did here,
    Still not quite winter but unlike you not lots of rain just loadsa clouds ,

    Love the idea of adding more rusties to your garden area
    Makes for an individual garden✅

    Hope you ones have a Have a relaxing night !!

    We are snuggled down early as well cos it’s
    Dark just after 5 nowadaze,,,!!!

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  3. That "rusty bit" looks so good in your garden, birds will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.