Monday, April 24, 2023

ONE MAN'S TRASH IS ANOTHER WOMAN'S TREASURE

 Friend's of ours gave us the rusty inner of their fire pit yesterday.

ABOVE:  I popped it in a gap in the front garden.

Then immediately thought, hmmm... it would make a perfect bird bath.  I've always wanted a bird bath.

So I suggested to Stew we do that.  

I told him it didn't need to be done anytime soon... but like TODAY would be good!

I found a pile of spare house bricks... and left him to it.



ABOVE:  How utterly COOL does it look?

Another Rusty Bit for our home.  Stew even thought of putting bird roosts on it.  And I added the rocks for the birds to stand on inside the bath.

Your trash/my treasure!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY to this baffoon.

Dad and I hope you have a wonderful day, and we look forward to seeing you later on in the day.

I have Aqua Jogging this morning, so not much else planned for later on yet.  Probably bugger all.


I read this on my daughter Amanda's facebook, it's too good not to share:

A young bloke from Taihape moves to Auckland and goes to a big "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job.
The Manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?" The kid says "Yeah. I was a car salesman back in Taihape ."
Well, the boss liked the kid and gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."
His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down. "How many customers bought something from you today?"
The kid says "One".
The boss says "Just One? Our sales people average 20 to 30 customers a day. How much was the sale for?"
The kid says "$101, 237.65".
The boss says "$101,237.65? What the heck did you sell?"
The kid says, "First, I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold hi m a medium fishhook. Then I sold him a larger fishhook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the west coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that Dodge Ram."
The boss said, "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a BOAT and a TRUCK?"
The kid said "No, the guy came in here to buy Tampons for his wife, and I said, 'Bro, your weekend's screwed,  you should go fishing.' "

That was just TOO FUNNY!  

I got up, it's cold.  There's a cool wind blowing and suddenly I decided Aqua Jogging was no longer an inviting idea.
The pool is rather COOL... and I'm a whimp when it comes to getting cold.  So I've decided to can Aqua Jogging over winter.
If I don't enjoy it, why do it?
So today I will go for a walk instead.  I might just drag Stew along too.




ABOVE:  Very handy public conveniences under the Pukete Bridge.

ABOVE:  A gorgeous house on Arcus Street... I'd buy it if we won LOTTO, if the owners could be convinced to sell.  It has an awesome view of the river, a pool and a tennis court.  Not that we play tennis, but oh well.
Not likely to win LOTTO.

ABOVE: Stew and I walked from the Flagstaff Pedestrian Bridge to St Andrews Golf Course.

ABOVE:  Next time we go for a river walk, we are going to Start at the Golf course.  There is a walkway from Arcus Street down to the river walkway, so that works out perfectly.

After our walk we went to Chartwell Square for a couple of things, and are now home.  Feet up for a little while, then I'm going to prepare dinner.
We are having Spaghetti Bolognese (which I'm making) and ice cream (which Steve is bringing).  Just Steve, Bex and the boys for dinner tonight.  
Steve doesn't want a fuss... he's only turning 36 after all. 😂😊

ABOVE:  This is a new variety of Pear, grown in Hawkes Bay.  It's a cross between an Asia and European Pear.  I decided to try one.

ABOVE: It's a very small pear.  And after eating it?  Crisp. Fresh.  More like eating an apple than a pear.  Not 'pear' tasting at all.  But it was nice.  

Right, it's been a long afternoon and evening, but very pleasant.  I totally forgot to update, or take any photos of the kids here.
But come on, ya seen Steve, Bex and their boys a gazillion times already!

Our dinner was very nice, my Spahetti Bolognese was yummy, and Steve brought three different types of ice cream.  One was dairy free, as Steve is going Dairy Free because of his Pancolitis.

Now... all is quiet and we will be watching some mindless tv till bedtime.

Stew just said "Funny, no one commented on our bird bath today!"
I noticed that too.
Don't ya like it?
Or did ya do a 'LIKE' on Facebook instead?

12 comments:

  1. You're so good taking photos where you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:29 PM

    That is a beautiful red color on that pear. I wonder how it would cook up, either baked or sliced and in a skillet with butter and brown sugar. ;-) Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Steve 🥳. I love the look of that new pear ... will keep my eye out for them down here. Well done on getting out for a walk 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pear and your walk photos are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:00 PM

    I braved the cold and went to the pool - after the initial shock of the cold I warmed up. I know exacting how you would feel about. I’m thinking now why the hell di I start going this time of the year!!

    Happy birthday Steve

    Anne Palmy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to Steve.
    It was very brisk and cool here today.
    Lovely pics of the walk and that pear looks amazing but in anything start tinkering with nature possibly lose taste?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:10 PM

    Happy Birthday to Steve!! I went to aqua aerobics this morning, the pools here are beautifully warm.....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Steve 🍾🎂🎁

    ReplyDelete
  9. I commented on the bird bath. But, I see it isn't in the comments. I wonder what happened? I specifically remember saying "I can't wait to see a picture with a bird using it". I checked FB and my comment isn't there either. Adding the rocks and perches will make it more bird friendly. Good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Bird Bath looks great! Happy Birthday to Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Steve! We need some birds in the bird bath pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:51 AM

    Ì did comment on FB. Stew did a fantastic job of the bird bath. It's awesome. I love the roosts. Happy Birthdaÿ Steve. Oh to be 36 aĝain. Kj.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.