Tuesday, April 18, 2023

ANOTHER QUIET DAY

 How was last night, compared to the past 3?

Thankfully, a little bit better.

I wonder if that's thanks to the Anti Viral medication?  I was very lucky to get them btw.  You can't have them if you have had Covid for 5 days already.  Yesterday was Day 4 for me, so I qualified.  You also have to qualify by having other health 'complications', or be over a certain age.  I have Diabetes, and am ALMOST 65... so I squeezed into the criteria.

The nurse told me the anti virals would 'Stop Covid in it's tracks'.... so here's hoping she's right. 

I am hoping that I feel well enough to get into the sewing room today to work on the three Cat Wall Hangings on order.

Once they are done I can move on to make a few more multi-coloured wavy runners.  And I've thought of a variation on them too... which I will show you once I've made one.


12.42 pm:  I've been up a few hours.  I did some housework, then some sewing.

I've just had some lunch and my anti viral medication.
Not feeling too bad today, snotty, headache and very tired, but thankfully the razor blade throat is gone.

Stew is till testing negative, which is great.

I'm hoping that by Saturday I am back to 'normal' and can cope with the market at Te Kowhai.



Back to right now, and I think I will have a nap.  It's tiring being up and a little active at this point.

I lay in bed and started coughing.  Lost half me lunch.  Gave up on napping.

I tried to have a nap, but my mind was in the sewing room, so I went back in there to work.  But after only 10 minutes or so I ran outta steam completely, and had to take a nap after all.
2.5 hours later I woke to darkness!
Bloody hell, the day is done.

Stew just got home from work.
He got some supplies so I can make a lovely chicken soup in the crock pot overnight.
Ya supposed to eat chicken soup when your sick eh?
I've never done it, but tomorrow, I will. 

Maybe that will help my recovery. 

7.50 pm:  Dinner tonight is gunna be a hot chocolate drink.  I am feeling a bit hungry, but just don't fancy throwing anything up again.  Lunch was not nice coming back up!

And that's a wrap on my day.  Here's to a better day tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:18 AM

    Glad you are feeling a bit better and I hope it continues in that direction for you. Sleeping better sure helps!
    Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound a bit brighter today which is good but dnt do too much cause it bites you in the arse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:42 AM

    Fingers crossed the anti-virals start to kick in - hopefully you can do some sewing and feel more like your usual self. Maybe an afternoon siesta after lunch? Maria(Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiwionholidays7:58 PM

    I’m feeling for you Chris and the body is saying enoughs,enough so it’s forcing you to rest ,
    Chicken soup sounds great for tomorrow 👍
    Take care n sleep well

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you will feel better tomorrow, that sucks getting covid again! Hopefully Stew will remain negative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you continue to feel better. I've been trying to comment from my phone but it won't work! Anyway, I am glad you got the anti-viral medication. It certainly helped my parents when they were sick, although they were fortunate to start their course quite early. Here's to a better day tomorrow. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankfully the razor blades are gone - it is a step in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.