Saturday, May 04, 2019

ODDS 'N' SODS

Morning!
I'm 'on the ball' today, unlike yesterday, when my post went up rather late!

I'd typed out my post, then somehow or other forgot to hit 'Publish'!
Thanks to Kelly, I got told it was not up, and hit 'Publish' quick smart.

So today?
Stew and I (and probably Griffin too), are going into Hamilton to do some shopping.
Just a few odds 'n' sods to get.

I want some wireless headphones for my computer.  I'm utterly sick to death of having the speakers fall on the floor cos I moved the computer desk too far. And it's also a fag having a cord tethering me to the computer too.

I don't even know if I can get some that work with a computer yet?

What else?  A couple of birthday presents for upcoming birthdays.

Stew wants to get boring shit like shower sealer and CRC.  Meh. 

Once we are home I do believe I can finally get back to my sewing.  I've started the lay out of the extra large Wonky House Runner.  It's actually being made as a Wall Hanging, so I will need to add tabs at the top and a piece of dowel too.  I'm so looking forward to getting stuck into it!

I will now leave you with this, I saw it on Facebook yesterday?  (Thanks Sandra C *smiles*):


ABOVE: Thank god, it's cold enough now to kill off all the wasps!

OK... I'm outta here.  Catch ya later.

ONWARD...

1.45 pm: home from Hamilton.  We got everything we wanted, so I'm happy.


ABOVE: I'm hoping to try using a hot water bottle next Sunday when I'm at market!  Hopefully I will keep at least one part of me warm.

I will be using the colander with my painting... I will show you HOW I use it at some point.

MUM:  here's a couple of lovely photos of the visiting family:





ABOVE:  It was really lovely to spend some time with my cousin Dulcie and her youngest son Leetham.
They have now gone back to Auckland.

After they left, it was time to sort out the linen in the house.
It was ALL OVER THE PLACE.

So now, we have what we use all the time for visitors under Brylee's bed:


ABOVE: Thank goodness for this bed!  It holds so much under it.

All the rest has gone into vacum and garden bags and is now in the attic.  We simply don't have enough storage/linen cupboards in this house for everything!

It's now 4 pm.  Today is going too fast.
*sigh*

Ever wondered how good a vacum bag is? ...


ABOVE:  We got ALL our surplus linen/blankets and duvets into two bags.

Well... it's been a very quiet evening.  Did nothing much, too tired and sore.  My back is being a right pain.  Off to bed soon... another busy day tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. Looks like a productive trip to town. Love the bee poster. So true. Hurry up and finish that wall hanging ... I want to see it and your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.boredpanda.com/comprehensive-guide-to-yellow-stripey-things-bees-wasps/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

    Have you seen this funny guide to "Yellow Stripey Things"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Storage under bed is kool hotties. cook one spot and rest freezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria7:27 PM

    they have cheap vacuum storage bags at the warehouse. Have you tried them, are they any good? The ones at Briscoes seem very expensive.
    Also do the duvets smell ok when you unpack them if they have been stored for a few months, or do they smell plasticy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat storage bed idea that is Brylees bed.
    Also thanks for the demo on the vacuum packed linens,, Like you our home lacks lots of storage space for visitors extra bedding etc so thats now on the to do list . Keeps it clean and compact.
    Lovely pics with your cousin and her son . Great to have and good on them going to the rowing

    Such good exercise,, and also fun for spectators to watch ..

    Good on Griffin,, carrying on the walk the other night. Good stuff...

    He and Brylee are so willing to get out and do things like that . Must make you guys proud .

    Lots of positives with young ones today..Ours are more adventurous than we were at that age, and its neat to see it.





    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning from Ft. Lauderdale USA! Hope you stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw the art technique on Facebook a while ago using the colander. It is at 'Colorful Life'. It really turns out quite stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pesky waps! We had a nest under the eaves. They made their way into my daughter's room. We killed over 1.000 with fly swatters in the house. We had to get a professional to do the rest. Nasty!
    I must have bought cheap vacuum bags. I was so impressed with how they worked and then in a couple of weeks they expanded to full size. Maybe I put tooo much in them.
    You're doing so good with your walks. It makes me think I should start something like that in my neighborhood.
    As always, love your blog. We've had a brutal winter and spring in Chicago, so I especially enjoyed all your summer posts during our rough winter.Thanks for what you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:28 AM

    hi!,I love your writing very much! share we communicate more
    approximately your post on AOL? I require an expert on this area to resolve my
    problem. Maybe that's you! Looking forward to look you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.