Monday, March 18, 2019

ST PATRICKS WALK

Last night our Fat Bottomed Girls walking group had it's first walk of the year.
I was so tired already, it would have been so easy to just not go...but I couldn't miss the very first walk could I?



ABOVE:  As it was St Patrick's Day, most of us tried to wear some green.  
One walk down, probably 80+ to go!  There's about 40 walks in the Urban Challenge, but as I am in a sub-group that does all the mapping, we end up doing at least every walk twice, if not three times.  

This morning I'm going on a walk with two of the sub-group girls, to make sure the next section's map and instructions are correct, and to find/identify any hazards on the walk, before we post it as an 'official' walk. 

There is SO MUCH WORK involved!  But I love it, and really enjoy being a part of the organisational side of the walks too.

After the walk I will be coming home and dying!  Well OK, not dying, but certainly having a rest!  It's been go, go, go for the past few days and I'm bloody tired.

Once rested, I will do some housework then perhaps start some Wonky House Runners.
I only have one left!
The cute one I made on Saturday night was THE FIRST THING I sold yesterday!
It was very popular.  *smiles*

It is so.... flattering when something you have made is admired so much.  My Tree Table Runners are very popular too... and I absolutely LOVE making them.

ONWARD...


Well I surprised myself and actually did the walk!  I was close to not going as I was so tired.

And it was raining too... which actually helped me decide to go!  I love walking in the rain.


ABOVE:  A bit wet, but the hot chocolate afterwards was very nice I must say.

Now I'm home and getting some washing done.  And resting me feet!

I totally need new sneakers, which will be on the 'to get' list for tomorrow's trip into Hamilton.
Not sure yet if I will spend the big bucks and get New Balance sneakers again, or just some Skechers?  My last New Balance sneakers 'failed' and had to be repaired only a couple of weeks after me buying them. 

Well I've not 'rested' today at all.  I've been sewing another Wonky House Runner.

It's looking good too.

I hope to get it finished sometime tomorrow.  I had to take a break to cook dinner.  Grrrrr.


I'm looking forward to a quiet, relaxing evening.  Fingers crossed.  *smiles*


Quiet?  Yes.  Relaxing?  Not really.  I sewed.

For hours.

Got a bit done, will show ya tomorrow.


Time now to head off to bed, my head is pounding... so tired.  Gawd I'm always tired.



7 comments:

  1. I am so happy you had a good craft fair day! That's always a good feeling!I LOVE your FBG walks. What an awesome opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:26 PM

    I find sketchers so comfortable and spongy they take a a lot of strain off my back and legs and really cushion the jolts...

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  3. My $50 Pumas are the most comfortable walking shoes I've owned. Sketchers are also better priced, just make sure you get the ones for walking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bright and happy pics of you all.
    The last pic of three of you show how young and active your group all are

    Good on you braving the weather hot and cold to achieve the goals of fitness .
    Neat that Griffin comes by at times as well.

    All our youngies try to keep fit as well , we all did it back in the day (smiles) with walking and pushing prams and toddlers , pushchairs etc. and saw the places as we went,,, but must say appreciate them more now,, at an (ever so slightly) slower pace ..and when we stop and smell the Coffee and the roses

    Take care

    Love the blog .

    ReplyDelete
  5. You girls rock. Enjoy your walks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wonky house runners! Looking forward to seeing the new one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those walks look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete