Thursday, April 20, 2017

LEAVE IT IN THE PAST

I choose to live in the NOW... not to dwell on the past if I can help it.  I choose to no longer get involved in other people's arguments.  I refuse to get dragged into them either.  So LEAVE ME ALONE UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO BE NICE.  Cos I like NICE.  I like happy.  

CHOOSING HAPPINESS.

I just found out Steve is coming down to do a job in Hamilton for two days... so he and his family are going to be here for the next few days!  

That is not FAVORING him, it's being a good mother/grandmother.  We have an OPEN DOOR to all our kids, and those that CHOOSE to visit, keep in touch and care about us, use that door!

Just saying... in light of recent conversations.

THE GATE:  
It took me 3 hours last night to paint it.
Stew thinks it's pretty cool... so I must have done an OK job of it.

Here it is:



ABOVE:  Because it was taken at night (the photo), you can't really compare the colours of the gate to the painting accurately.  It is actually a pretty good match.
I like it, it makes me smile.  edit:  I've taken a new photo of the gate (above) in the daylight.  It shows the colours better now.

Right... not sure what our plans are for the morning yet.  I'm sure we will come up with something!


ONWARD...


Thank you so much for all the lovely positive comments about my gate!


I did the gate 'free hand', I just kept looking at the painting on the wall for guidance.  The fact that Stew was impressed made the effort worth it!  He is fairly hard to impress!


ABOVE:  a bit of the detail.  Not flash!  But it still looks great in my opinion.

WORTH NOTING:  There is NO BLUE !!! Brylee kept saying put some blue in it... but nope.  There ain't no blue in the painting... so no blue on the gate. 

4.35 pm:  And we went into Hamilton for lunch then did some shopping.  I'm not going to say what we bought till it arrives!  That will take 4 months!
Something we didn't actually NEED, but something we wanted.  Will make life easier for me if nothing else.

Home now and Bex and the boys have arrived.  The gate has been slammed a few times already... so I've had to yell at Archer!  Little bugger.

Well... it's been a nice evening.  Dinner was yum, chicken steaks and veges.  I'm now watching Coronation Street so am quite happy!  *smiles*

37 comments:

  1. You are sooooo clever. That gate is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed by your gate. I hope you have sealed it to protect against sticky little fingers😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do I seal it?

      Delete
    2. Shouldn't need sealing if you did it in Resene Lumbersider (what test pots are). It will be washable. As for happiness? Yes pull back from drama and choose happiness always.

      Delete
  3. Love the hate, it turned out stunning, you are so clever 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot I mean Gate! Stupid fat fingers & not proof reading 😜

      Delete
  4. The gate is fabulous! You are a very artistic lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I didn't expect that! Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually spray with Krylon clear sealant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are very talented!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - that's really clever. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful job on the gate ...you certainly are talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Chris. WOW! The gate is amazing. You are incredibly talented. Did you do it all freehand? Is it possible to take a close up? I would love to see more detail. Karen Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was 'freehand' done. I just kept looking at the painting on the wall and tried to copy it as much as possible onto the gate... was a bit difficult working around the 'gaps' lol. I will try to get a decent close up for you.

      Delete
  12. The gate makes me smile too....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:50 AM

    Absolutely love that gate!! It is so colorful. Your so talented! Marianne in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! I am completely floored at the gate! It looks fabulous. I was expecting anything so elaborate! I can't believe that only took a few hours. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG!!! It looks so great, well done xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG THE GATE IS STUNING

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Wow! Wow! Your gate looks awesome!! I'm very impressed with how clever you are at freehand painting! Great to have the gate colourful - less likelihood of anyone walking into it if they are distracted while walking through that bit. That was a real genius idea to match the colours/pattern up with your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous11:52 AM

    Wow ! the gate is very classy !

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the gate and your decorating style.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so good at painting!,! Gate looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. IS THERE NOTHING you can't do my lord I LOVE THAT GATE. You are a very talented person. Get some blue paint paint your thumb and leave a thumb print underside of gate lol 😀

    ReplyDelete
  22. Man the gate is amazballs the photos don't do it justice. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so talented Chis. It is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the gate, your so creative 😃
    Don't dwell on what's happening amongst your family, just jealously really and all wanting your attention, they all love you 😃

    ReplyDelete
  25. You're very talented Chris, just love the gate

    ReplyDelete
  26. The gate looks fantastic! You are a true artiste!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That gate is wonderful! Enjoy your company.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are so talented. That gate is beyond awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love it, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The gate looks so good Chris, why don't you do paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely adore the gate. What a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.