Monday, April 10, 2017

BULBS

This morning I am going to be planting all the spring flower bulbs.


 ABOVE:  I have quite a few to plant!  90% of them are daffodils, in many different colours.  I am super excited to see them come up in 6 months time.   


ABOVE:  Steve and the boys in my SPECIAL throw.  Grrrr... Steve really loves being a shit sometimes.  *smiles*

At some point this morning I will go down to the Med Lab and get my VERY OVERDUE blood tests done.  Kinda 6 months overdue for them. 😖




CHOOSING HAPPINESS

ONWARD...

Water Beads: I soaked them in water for hours and hours...

 ABOVE:  They went from teeny, tiny little plastic like beads to soft, squishy, water filled balls...


ABOVE:  I put them in this glass jar, then put the little LED Light unit under them (in the jar too).  The Light unit has a nifty remote control, so you can turn the lights on/off, choose a colour or have them alternating.  So cool!

 ABOVE:  Depending on what colour water beads you choose, you get various displays with the lights on.   Mine are mostly blue.  Of course!  lol

 ABOVE:  Then I put the jar on my dining table, added some artificial flowers I already had, and boom!  A new center piece for the table.

You can use these beads like a hydroponic unit too... if you plonk a bulb or cutting in the middle of them, it will grow!

I've done heaps of stuff this morning!  Kept myself busy. Planted all the bulbs, washing out, house tidy... feels great!  My Fitbit shows I've done 4.6 thousand steps so far.  That's not bad for me!

APRIL:  well after watching that Tardy Tart for 6 weeks... I finally caved in and subscribed for the April Text Alerts!  Now, even if I'm asleep and she goes into labor, I will be sent a text and can still watch her deliver her baby!

It cost bugger all too.  If anyone else here is thinking of doing it... you have to enter your phone number like this:

+642748*****

I know this cos it took a couple of hours for me to sort it out!  

I'm obsessed with that bloody giraffe.  One minute I think she's gorgeous, the next I am crabby with her cos she ain't spat that baby out yet!  Poor giraffe!

I'm off to bed early... I've got a nasty headache going on.

14 comments:

  1. Hapy happy joy joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beads - so cool :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long do the beads last for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been told months and months... as long as you don't have them in direct/hot sunlight. Time will tell!

      Delete
  4. Did you click the. Link in the april Text?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did something right! I am now signed up to receive the labor text and exclusive subscriber photos and updates. Totally worth the $5... which goes to Giraffe Conservation.

      Delete
  5. I've used the beads loads before but never for anything pretty like you :) I use them for sensory play with William. They feel great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool! I can see how they would be excellent for sensory play.

      Delete
  6. Those are some very cute looking grandsons you have there haha. Those beads came out looking awesome, I reckon Bex will get some for our place, they'll look good with a few little plants in them. Dante and Archer already miss you guys, I think they are counting down the days till they see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the beads mum. Rena keeps aaking to come play with keera so will have to arrange a play

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the beads mum. Rena keeps aaking to come play with keera so will have to arrange a play

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks as though you had one busy and fun weekend. Your garden will be looking ever so lovely come the spring with all the bulbs you have planted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've used the beads for years. I grow orchids in them (the orchid is in a thin plasticy little pot which I then put into the beads that are in a big glass vase thing). Works great! I'm kind of fed up of watching April so I'm only checking on her about 4 times an hour now hahaha!!!! I'll be so glad when she has the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photos again, love those beads and neat idea jar light flowers..

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.