Sunday, April 16, 2017

BABY! BABY! BABY!

3.30 am, Easter Sunday morning:

April had her baby at 1.50 am Easter Sunday NEW ZEALAND TIME!!!

It was 9.50 am Easter Saturday morning in Harpursville, New York State, USA.

I was so lucky to get to watch it from the very start to the very finish.

I was lucky because at 7 pm last night Keera fell over and landed on her right arm akwardly, and she screamed and cried so bad I took her to hospital!

We were there for only 3 hours, which was amazing for a Saturday night.  They took her in straight away, she had an x-ray after about an hour and they said nothing was broken, so we got to come home again... JUST in time for me to see the whole baby birth.

LUCKY!!!!

It was awesome to watch... April did an amazing job.  Baby was born and up and walking around within an hour.  So special.

 ABOVE: I watched the birth 'live' on YouTube, and also on their Facebook video feed... which was actually about 30 seconds ahead of the YouTube feed.


 ABOVE:  Baby standing up for the FIRST TIME EVER.  It was so magical to watch.


ABOVE:  Baby having his/her first feed, after only an hour and 20 minutes from being born.  So cute, baby even wagged it's tail, just like a baby lamb when it feeds!

So, after watching the birth, and the first couple of hours of baby's life, I decided it was time for me to get to bed.

It's almost 3.30 am here on Sunday morning.

Keera woke up about an hour ago crying about her arm, so I'm thinking it's going to be a trying day once she gets up in the morning.  She will have to be careful of her arm as it's most likely quite sore and bruised.

Poor kid, but accidents happen all the time.

When I get up later on this morning, I will share more photos I took of yesterday (here).

But for now... off to bed for ME!

ONWARD...


ABOVE:  From Animal Adventure Park's Facebook page, around 3.40 am our time.  
And NOW I will go to bed!

10.11 am:  And I'm up!  Bex has done the kid thing and looked after Keera for us while we slept in.
Awesome. 

Keera is not a happy kid.  I have to wonder if they x-rayed the right area of her arm, cos she's miserable.  If she doesn't start using her arm by tomorrow I'm taking her back.  

Difficult to know with kids... she could just be milking it... or being a drama queen.  That's been known to happen! lol

We will just keep an eye on her and see what eventuates.
Meantime, I might just have some brunch then cut out that sheet.

Photos from yesterday:


 NOT SURE ABOUT YOU UNCLE RUSSELL
YEP, MIGHT JUST CRY NOW
LATER ON... THEY GOT ON JUST FINE *SMILES*

 EGGS, EGGS, EGGS...

 BEAUTIFUL BOY

 GIRLS PLAYING UNDER THE TABLE

 THERE IS A RUSSELL UNDER THERE SOMEWHERE!



 THE EGG HUNT WORKED WELL IN THE HALLWAY!  

 PLAYING IN BETWEEN THE SHOWERS... AT DUSK


 RUSSELL WENT OVER THE FENCE TO RETRIEVE THE BALL... AND FELL BACK OVER.
HOPE THE HEDGE SURVIVES!

BOYS... BEING QUIET!

Well... yesterday was very busy... lots going on.  Drama and tension... which is par for the course around here.
I think family gatherings will be off the 'menu' for a very long time now.
Juggling personalities/attitudes and grudges, jealousies and so on is just too bloody hard, and I'm no longer prepared to be piggy in the bloody middle.

Leaving all that in the past now... and going to move on and not allow it to get under my skin any more.

Lunchtime here... Keera's over tired and overwrought... gone to bed.  Quiet time.
Steve is nearly finished his job up the road and will be home soon.

No idea what they all want to do this afternoon.  I'm tired and will probably just blob out on my chair... or cut out that sheet!

Yep, that's an idea.

6.35 pm:  Spent a good couple of hours cutting out fabric this afternoon, before exiting ... stage right.
Done enough for today.

We had Pizza for dinner, no one felt like cooking, certainly not me.
I only got a few hours sleep last night and am knackered... Broadchurch is on tonight, hope I can keep my eyes open to watch it.

Signing off now.  Hoping nothing else happens for the day!

15 comments:

  1. I was so tired last night and I slept in way later than normal. You guessed it, I missed the live birth. I got up and my husband said the giraffe had her baby-WHAT!!!!! After watching April for two months I missed it! I did find it on youtube though and watched the whole thing-just after the fact-oh well. The baby is just precious. It always amazes me how advanced animals are when they are born compared to humans. This kid is walking around already!! I wonder how long they will keep the camera up. Oliver was just like a typical expectant dad-pacing up and down, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dammit.... I couldn't sleep last night so went downstairs and pulled my sewing machine apart...managed to fix it all by myself so sewed for a while.... thought "Nah, I won't take the phone down with me" and now I'm kicking myself!!! So gorgeous 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the baby giraffe :-).

    Hope poor wee Keera is feeling much better today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was watching when the "bubble" appeared and I yelled out to Stu!! Then I thought, I hope Chris is watching.. hehe..

    Yes, I watched until baby stood up then slept. It was amazing to watch and yes, I also was watching the live feed on their Facebook page - I loved the sounds on that of her fluid sloshing out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad April has had her baby.... I was stressed out on your behalf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ask her to carry the salt and peppers to the table. That's noiw we find out my daughter had greenstick fracture when she was little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:18 AM

    Hi sometimes they miss small fractures, might be worth going back today...I guess they said to take some pain medication...love all your pics..

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched the birth last night too, and she had the baby at 11.55 Sydney time :) I was thinking of you, wondering if you got to see it, cause I know you would have been devastated if you'd missed it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed the text that came at 6 am. I woke up to a baby giraffe walking around like a drunkard. Now the little guy is running around the pen! Amazing. He not even 12 hours old yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw a suggestion on Facebook that "Tookya" would be a good name for the baby giraffe -- as in, tookya long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohh I forgot about Broadchurch!! Have recorded it so will watch after MKR - such fun here 😜

    ReplyDelete
  12. yesterday I posted a comment, and for some very odd reason it didn't post through to you. What I said was my daughter had a wee fall off a couch and appeared fine, ( happened at Kindy so I didn't see it happen but teachers said she had been half pulled, half fell off the couch) and cried, but came right pretty quick except she was refusing to use her arm. Took her to have an x-ray was told all was find. 30 hours later he was still saying it was sore so took her back and sure enough she had broken her collar bone. They just put it in a sling for a month and the bone healed. She was only 2.5 yrs old at the time so was difficult to know if she really was in pain or just bruised.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a gorgeous baby giraffe! Poor Keera hope it's sorted soon, either way wonderful family pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hosting family stuff is exhausting.

    Unburying my sewing machine so I can get back to sewing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous2:23 PM

    Baby giraffe is adorbs!!!!!!!!!! I watched the replay. Hope Keera's arm is feeling better!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.