Wednesday, April 19, 2017

PAINTING... VISITORS... KEERA

This morning I will be working on painting the lounge 'gate', and then the walls that have been fixed.

Knowing my luck, I will get carried away and end up painting way, way more than I anticipated.  Cos sure as eggs you will be able to tell what has and hasn't been painted.  


ABOVE:  This will be the first thing to get painted.  I'm going to put a top coat on, the same colour as our walls, then add some colour details.  No idea what sort of details yet.

Lunchtime today we are expecting my friend Tracy and her daughter Siobhan from Auckland for a visit.  That's going to be lovely!  

After lunch Keera has a dental appointment.  I don't know if she has ever been to the dental clinic before?  Hopefully she gets a clean bill of health.

Then, later on this afternoon she is going to the Dr for her arm to be checked.  She is using it again, but does not have a full range of use.  So, better to get it checked out for peace of mind.

And that is all I have for now! Fairly dull post today sorry, couldn't even find an interesting photo!

ONWARD...

12.00 midday:  we have had a mini working bee in the house this morning.  Everyone got on with a job or two, and I finished spray painting the gate, and the back wall of the garage.

Later on today I will roll paint on the walls.  Then I will do some hand painting on the gate.

Now waiting for our visitors to arrive for lunch.


ABOVE: Stew got me some lovely flowers (left) then Tracy arrived with some more! (right).
I feel right spoilt.
So, we had a lovely visit with Tracy and her daughter, lunch was nice too.

After lunch the girls took off to Tirau for a look around the shops, and I took Keera to the Dental Clinic.

She got a clean bill of health, and also at the Doctors.  She is using her arm more and more, so I'm relieved.

I also went to Resene and got some test paint pots to paint the gate.  Fingers crossed my idea works and it doesn't look yuk once finished.
I shall be waiting till Miss 4 has gone to bed before painting it though... she's a 'touch it' sorta kid.

The gate is done.  It took me 3 hours, and we are all rather pleased with it.
Of course, you will have to wait till tomorrow to see it!
Off to bed very soon.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:31 PM

    Cant wait to see what you do with the gate! Hope Keera gets a clean bill of health (teeth & arm!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:12 PM

    Hi

    Good news about Keera, lovely flowers!

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely day. Great news that Keera's appointments went well. Beautiful flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for lunch, it was lovely to catch up again. Managed not to buy much in Tirau except too many sweets - nostalgia overcame me 😃 . Dinner ordered from the Thai place next door and a quiet girls night in. Glad Miss Keera got a clean bill of health, on a scale of 1-10 that is a 10 haha 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dentists doctors boy glad it's all good news. Painting there's a lot more to paint sometimes when you look STOP looking lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.