Wednesday, December 31, 2014

NEW YEAR'S EVE

Well... it's the last day of 2014.

It's been a horror year for air travellers, with the loss of MH370, TransAsia Flight 222, Air Algerie Flight 5017 and the latest, AirAsia QZ8501, and of course all the other smaller flights that came to an untimely end with the loss of lives.

But, according to statistics, it's still far safer to fly than drive!  Apparently 1.24 MILLION people died on the roads this year.  That's HUGE.

I hope 2015 is a better year, and the stats go DOWN on both flights lost and lives lost on the roads.

On a happier note... IT'S NEW YEAR'S EVE!  Do you have any plans?  We don't.  We are boring old farts who actually like to stay home!
We are a bit weird like that.
This year we have Miss Muppet and Dante to think of too... so probably a normal evening.

Today's plans?   Stay home, potter around.  I might read some blogs, catch up on a few of me favourite people.  *smiles*

And of course, spend time with Keera, the kids and Stew.  Might even lie in the sun again, it's quite nice to see some colour in me cheeks.


ABOVE: Little Miss last night, completely zonked out in her Granddad's chair.  See the spot on her forehead?  She scratched an itchy bite.... and before she went to bed last night the little bugger picked off the scab and made it bleed all over again.  *sigh*
I hope she doesn't make a mess of her face!
I might have to put a plaster over it so she leaves it alone.

Grrrr... kids.  Griffin is the same, picks everything and makes a darn mess of himself.  He's covered in poxy little scars.

Russell was the same as a kid too.  

Right, I better go and see what's happening around here...

ONWARD...

Well... we haven't done much at all today.  I've caught up on some blog reading, had me lunch and now we are going to Spotlight so I can get some more of that Calico at the sale price.  Yaaa.... I love a bargin.


ABOVE:  Well I got the calico, and some more wool for felting and some velvet too.  My blog friend Jackie inspires me.  (http://dogdaisychains.blogspot.co.nz)  She does the most gorgeous things with felt and fabric and stitchery.


ABOVE:  Griffin was sitting out on his basketball, so Dante went and got his out of the bedroom and sat on it... then Keera found a ball and did the same.  So cute.  Kids sure learn by imitation.

Right now it's really QUIET.  Stew, Brylee and Griffin are out at the mall and Dante and Keera are asleep.  It's bliss. 
I'm going down to my 'sewing room' to fluff around a bit.  (fluff around means : just potter, do a bit of this 'n' that)

End of Day: I got some sewing done!  I made 4 mug rugs and will show you tomorrow, they are very cute.
11 pm, looks like we might just see the New Year in after all!  Stew's having a few quiet drinks, but not me.  I'm perfectly happy to stay sober.  
Have a great evening if you are still up.
nite nite

12 comments:

  1. We won't be going out on New Years eve either. B.O.Fs too! Its still 30th here. Happy New year.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's New Year's Eve already! Have a good one - we'll be very quiet here too. Early to bed I think. New neighbourhood so who knows if there will be any loud parties! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keera certainly Tuckered out alright, how awful for a family to lose a Ioved one at Xmas and so close to a New Year. Hope they not planning on travelling New Years eve/day back to you be hectic. I too will more than likely be in bed before midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and your family Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:16 PM

    They are such gorgeous kids! Love the garden without the palms. Your home always sounds so fun and inviting. Hope you have very Happy and healthy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you Chris, from another boring old fart. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Chris! I should be playing in the sandbox again soon. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah Chris, 4 yrs far too long, got side tracked with a vegie garden, was going great guns too until a bloody bush rat moved in, they are protected....can you believe it?
    Into a new project and a blog is necessary
    Hope you have a lovely N.Y.E and a fab 2015 -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Chris from this boring old fart in Oz...home for us too, although I am hoping we will see the fire works from the back of the house like last year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Gorgeous. I hope you have a lovely evening and the next year is wonderful and stress free for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Keera is looking more like Rena (I think that is who I mean lol) as she gets older!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.