Tuesday, December 09, 2014


Well the day has come where I have to head home to the 'mad house', back to the hustle and bustle of living in Auckland ... with all the traffic and people and... SHOPS!

Hee hee.... I love Auckland.  I love my home and all it entails.  I've missed the kids (big and small) and I've missed my hubby heaps.  I can't wait to see him again. I miss his hugs.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my mini holiday with my girlfriends... thanks so much to all of you for spending so much time with me.  I really appreciate it.  Chris D, you rock, thank you so much for putting up with my constant coughing and spending your holiday time amusing me. 

We are meeting Sandra for morning tea before we head out to the airport so I can catch me plane.... so until I get home and update... I shall say "See ya later".


HA HA! BEST LAID PLANS..... there is low lying cloud in Palmy... so me flight was canceled.  Pfffft.

I'm now having to wait till after 3 pm to fly home.

Ya know what? I don't really care.   I've bought some magazines and I will be perfectly happy just sitting here reading.

ONWARD AND UPWARD... eventually. 

OK... I've been home for a few hours and simply have not felt like coming on here and updating.  I just wanted to relax, have dinner and yak to everyone.

While I was sitting at the airport whiling away the hours reading magazines, I got an unexpected visitor!  Lois, long time Palmy friend had decided to check out my blog to see what I was up to today.  When she saw I was stuck at the airport waiting for a later flight, she came over and kept me company for a while.

That was just lovely, and it was delightful to see you Lois, thanks so much for popping in.

Just after she left my flight was called for boarding, so off I went.
The flight was ok, even though I loath take offs and landings.  The entire country seemed to be covered in thick cloud... but I did get to see Mount Ruapehu peeping out over the clouds.

It was raining in Auckland, so of course I stressed out about the plane skidding on the runway!   The things we worry about!

But of course, all was good, and Stew picked me up very promptly and took me home in rush hour traffic.  That trip took about an hour, when usually it takes 12-15 minutes.

Bex had cooked a really lovely dinner of lamb chops with veges and hassleback potatoes.

End of Day:  a long day sitting on me bum!  Time to hit the sack and get some sleep, ready for an exciting day tomorrow.
nite nite


  1. Oh way to go palmy. U just want to keep my mum hostage......

    1. Yip and we not giving her back lol

    2. Lol...she is lucky to have such great friends. ....but please give her back....lol

  2. Hope you got home ok!

  3. I hope you made it home safely.

  4. Glad you had such a lovely time a much needed break.

  5. Here you have to have a ticket to get into the waiting area of the airport (and go through security!). Nice that you had someone come visit with you while you waited. Sounds like you had a great trip!

  6. Anonymous1:22 PM

    Glad you finally got home safe and sound Chris.It was great catching up again. Cheers Lois


Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.