Wednesday, December 03, 2014

NO WITTY COME BACK

Clearly that son of mine has a way with words.
I have no witty come back.

I'm too sick to care, let alone try to be funny.

Thanks Steve for doing 'End of Day' for me.

I've been on the couch in the lounge all evening/night and plan to stay there all day too.

I've got the cold/cough from hell.
I am vomiting on and off with every coughing bout.  So, about every 2 minutes or so.

Dry retching is so much fun.  Bile... OMG so ikkk.

I am hoping like hell I am feeling a bit better by Friday, or I will have to cancel my trip to Palmerston North.

I can't go like this.

Right, I'm off to sleep/cough/throw up some more.

I loved several cow names, but have decided she will be 'Gypsy'.  Thanks AllyS Melbs.

I thought I'd have some breakfast... so I had two pieces of toast with vegemite on them.
Now I can't decided if it's better throwing up food, or bile.
Opinions?

I just had the WORST bout of coughing/vomiting ever... so I have cancelled tomorrow's Dr's appointment, and they are going to see me in an hour.  I hope they can do something to stop this... it's getting scary.

I've not got Whooping Cough.  It's an infection of some sort.  I'm on antibiotics, codeine for the cough and of course, laxatives to stop constipation caused by the bloody codeine.  
Oh yaaa.

If I'm still coughing in two weeks I have to get a chest x-ray... cos it's not 'normal' to have a cough for almost 5 months is it.

I'm so tired I am swaying... so am now going to try and get some sleep, without throwing up.

End of Day:  well I've spent the afternoon and evening just lying on the couch.  The coughing has eased a bit, and I've not thrown up since lunchtime.  My diaphragm in bloody aching from all the vomiting, and my back is aching from all the coughing... so I'm quite sore!
Fingers crossed tomorrow is better than today.
I'm now off to bed, fingers crossed I can sleep.
nite nite.

17 comments:

  1. Rest up & take care of yourself. I don't want you to miss your holiday. Hope you feel 100% better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chria, please take care of yourself. I think it's time for you to put yourself first so that you can be healthy. You do/worry so much for everyone else I feel you need to look out for you. Hugs % hope you feel better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have not got whooping cough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look after yourself Chris.
    Steve, Thanks for the very descriptive update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeez woman, I couldn't understand why you were not at the doctors yesterday!!!!! Glad you are going, I hope they can sort you out fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, just read the comment re whooping cough. We have all had our adult vaccinations for this due to Cole getting a mild case of it last year. Apparently by the time we are adults, we are able to get it even if vaccinated as children. Good luck and I hope it's not that - you should get vaccinated if you've not especially since there is a new baby coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:05 PM

    Oh no--hope you will get some relief today from your doctor's visit. This year has been a bad one in NZ for coughing bugs and flu. Rest up and hope the family is taking good care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:32 PM

    Sorry you're not feeling any better Chris............hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you manage some sleep. Sounds nasty so try and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor you being so ill :( Hope you get get better really fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you've been to the doctor - one other thought then for the most common persistent cough is GERD (reflux). You say you get that often?? It can damage the oesophagus... just a thought. I used to have problems like that years ago. http://www.healthline.com/health/gerd/coughing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get better soon! Don't want to miss out on seeing you:-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope the medicine helps and that you get a good nights sleep and wake up feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better. My wife has the same thing right now...

    ReplyDelete
  15. 5 months? Maybe x-ray should be sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe how sick you got and how quickly! Usually antibiotics can kick in and have you feeling better in no time. I hope this is the case for you! Good luck and get well. I hope you can make your trip and also feel well enough to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The BP meds they have me on have given me a cough ... pain in the arse!!! I feel for you..

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.