Monday, December 29, 2014

DONE!

I can't believe it!
All the 'jobs' I had lined up for the next week or so are all done.
Now I have to come up with something else to fill in the time while Stew's home!
He can't sit in front of the tv watching friggin cricket for the next 2 weeks!

I know the kids want to get to the beach, but we have been holding off as every man and his dog will be at the beach right now!
Getting out of Auckland is a nightmare if you want to go north too, so going to the marine reserve at Goat Island is probably not going to happen yet either.

I can't wait to go back there though.  It's magical there.

So, I'm not too sure what we will do today.  
But... I'll tell you all about it later... IF we do anything that is!

For now.... how's this?


ABOVE:  Kelly got it for free off some sort of 'trade and exchange' site on Facebook I think.
As it's too small for Rena, she gave it to Dante.  And he loves it.  So does Tallulah.  I hope she doesn't bit a hole in it.

Right, I'm off to see what the day brings.  I hope you have an awesome day and it's nice weather where you are.

ONWARD...

SANDIE: Ummm.... we HAD to get the pergola taken down so the Archgola can go up.  He was the one who suggested we re-stuff the lounge suite... and wanted to do it.  As for any other 'jobs' ... well there are none really.  And of course, if he really wants to watch tv for two solid weeks he can.  I'm not a slave driver.

When I said I needed to find something else for him/us to do I meant as a family... you know... like go out on day trips and so on.  Not just line up more jobs for him to do!

So... Stew is sitting in the lounge watching the TV... not cricket, but still.
Then he starts folding the washing in the basket and I say:

"You shouldn't be doing that.  You should be just sitting there watching cricket!"

and he replies:

"I should be doing nothing, but I value my life, and the safety of others around me".

What a smart bastard.  lol

Stew IS watching the cricket on TV.  And I'm waterblasting the patio, in readiness for the archgola and then  'dining room' to take shape.
It's stinking hot again, but at least I'm getting a bit wet, which helps keep me a bit cooler.  It's a dirty job though, and I'm covered in splatters of dirt ... ikkk.

It's been such a gorgeous afternoon.... the boys had fun with water:





ABOVE:  I won't need to water the lawn tonight now.  *smiles*

Steve and Bex are off to the airport shortly to pick up Bex's niece and nephew who are arriving from Invercargill.  They are here overnight until their Mum picks them up from here tomorrow.

Everyone else is winding down for the day.  I might do a little sewing, depending on what's on the telly!

End of Day:  and the children arrived safely, and spent a happy few hours playing with their little cousin Dante and everyone else.
Another lovely summer's day here.
nite nite

10 comments:

  1. Let the Stew enjoy his holiday. :)
    No more jobs for him. He works his but off all year so let him chill out and watch sport all holidays if he wants.
    You get to sew every day if you want so why not let him have these couple of weeks to simply rest, enjoy a break and be with his family. Instead of creating work for the poor fella. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad dante likes it and lula aswell....lol....if it get a whole im sure dad or steve can patch it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Chris don't take offense at Sandie. We both know Stew just sits on his bum all day at work lol. Shame your so far away I got a light bulb needs replacing (high ceiling) and couple of hinges fixed on cupboard doors lol. Teach him how to unpick or sew on binding while he watches cricket. Love to you all and best wishes for New Year. XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. He he. :) I would rather fold washing than watching cricket.
    Hopefully you were not offended. But I am pretty sure you get that I was just shit stirring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little offended, but then Steve pointed out the smiley face at the end of your comment, so I re-thought my feelings. *smiles*

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your day Chris and love Stews comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe Stew. The perfect husband lol. Enjoy the rest of your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a neat water feature outdoor slide blow up thing perfect for Dante. Nice photos of Griffin and Steve, and I say again Griffin is getting so tall. I watched some of the cricket today...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great water pics!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.