Tuesday, December 02, 2014

GET ME CAR BACK TODAY

Morning.
It's been a full week without my car, and this morning a taxi, courtesy of the Insurance Company is picking me up and taking me back to Penrose to get me car.

I'm rather relieved about that.  I have missed having wheels.  Buses and trains are all well and good, but not if you are not used to them.

Once I have me car, I'm going to gas up and hit the road for Hamilton.  Where I shall pick up my new painting... then hot foot it back home.

I doubt I will linger for any reason in Hamilton.

Bex is taking Mandy out to the airport bright and early this morning for her flight back to Invercargill.  It's been lovely to see her again, she's a nice Chick.

As I shall be out and about till mid-afternoon ... I will catch ya later.
I'm really excited about my new painting and can't wait to figure out where to hang it.  I think some paintings already up on the walls will be coming down!

Who wants to suggest a name for this darling cow? :


ABOVE:  all I can think of is Daisy, and that is so.... common!

ONWARD...

Hamilton trip went well... I picked up the painting, then had a quick lunch with Amanda in town before driving home.

The drive home was 'eventful'... in a yuk way.  I coughed till I vomited ... several times.
Do you have any idea how difficult it is to do that while driving on the motorway?  NOT easy at all.

There was no point trying to pull over, I didn't know from one minute to the next when I would cough again... luckily I had a plastic bag in the car to chuck into!

Once home I picked up me lab form and went and had me blood tests.  No hassels today, the lady used a 'baby' needle and I hardly felt a thing!  How awesome is that.

Now, I'm going to try and grab a quick nap before dinner as I feel rotten.  Sick as a dog rotten.

Some 'interesting' cow names!

Well well well, it has been some time since we last conversed my wee blogging followers, due to some unfortunate events, your poor blogging goddess Chris is unable to complete her days blogging, so now you are going to be subjected to me hahaha (slightly maniacal evil laugh). (p.s. if you haven't already guessed it, this is Steve, your always faithful, ever present, omnipotent back-up blogger).

As posted earlier, our dear blogger is sick. She describes it as being as sick as a dog, but I believe that statement is incorrect. Firstly, most dogs will eat their own vomit (somehow I cant quite see my mother ingesting something moments after it shot from her pie hole), secondly, mother is slightly lacking in all over body hair, and thirdly, when a dog is sick they don't look quite as sorry for themselves as mother does at present. But, i digress.

My presence here was requested by my mother in an attempt to sedate you darling wee bloggers, as she isn't quite feeling up to sitting on a chair and typing for any length of time. So I am here to let you all know that Chris is feeling unwell (although you may have guessed that from my previous paragraphs), and as such will be having an early night, and may not be back until some ungodly hour tomorrow morning. So to all those who wait on bated breath for the morning post, fear not my pretties, she will return, albeit slightly groggy, tired and smelling ever so slightly of aged vomit.

End of Day: A mixed bag of sorts, some ups, many down (head in porcelain bowl kinda stuff). She got her painting (yay), she shot liquid from her mouth faster then a cow shoots milk from her teats (somewhat unfortunate), but a great end to the day for her, as she got to witness me take her blog to new heights, as she quietly drifted off into a slumber filled with dreams of a white, round, smooth ceramic device.

nite nite

33 comments:

  1. Glad you've got your wheels back! The cows name is Ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy the Cow sounds cool or or or what about.... "Mad Cow" ? Hehehe bwahahaha lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE are naming the COW Anne, NOT ME. *smiles*

      Delete
    2. She looks like Myrtle the Cow to me!!!

      Delete
  4. It is a lovely painting Matilda she looks like a Matilda. Lack of wheels is frustrating you forget that just jumping in the car and heading down the road is so normal. Nice day for a road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think - Lucy - like in bad jelly the witch

    ReplyDelete
  6. With all those bright colours, I think she looks like 'Gypsy'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:15 AM

    He looks Christmassy maybe Rudolph or Rudi lol...

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you would like this Irish artist.
    http://eoinoconnor.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this cow - wonder where I could find one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Benedicts, Victoria Street, Hamilton. I am sure she could get one in for you.

      Delete
  10. Name her "Dairy Air".
    I once saw a t-shirt that said "Wisconsin, smell the dairy air". I thought it was rather silly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:22 PM

    How about Annabelle

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  12. She looks like she should be called "Violet" . Bugga u had a horrid trip home hope your feelin better soon 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a funny boy Steve... awesome update !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whilst it is terrible that Chris is feeling so bad, I have missed Steves contributions to the blog proceedings. I really think you should start your own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Get better Chris........Love the update thanks Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you are better in the morning Chris. Great update Steve. ..you should write a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9:23 PM

    Hi

    Good update Steve...your coughing and vomiting sounds like whooping cough.....I hope not...


    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg I im fits of laughter after reading the several paragraphs by my very vocal brother steve......get well soon mother dearest. .heres hoping it only a 24 ta 48 hour bug.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Molly for the cow…she is cute.

    And great update Steve, get well soon Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Steve you are hilarious! I can't wait to see what your mum has to say about your posts when she is back!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Same here, Nicole! Take care Chris, hope you feel better soon. Thanks Steve for keeping us in the loop! Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. lmao. can't wait for her reprisals.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Steve. Please start a blog. GOLD

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Steve - you are quite the blogger. Now please promote my suggestion for the cows name, I know YOU would like it. "Dairy Air". hahahaha
    It's actually quite pretty when you say it fast.
    der·ri·Ã¨re
    ˌderēˈer/
    nouninformal
    euphemistic term for a person's buttocks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous8:03 AM

    Hope you feel better real soon Chris! Marianne from Orlando

    ReplyDelete
  27. Baaahahahahahaha! Onya Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous2:30 PM

    Steve - you have such a way with words!!! :-)
    Chris - hope you are feeling better tomorrow!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.