Wednesday, December 24, 2014

CHRISMAS EVE

I don't usually get 'excited' about Christmas, but this year is different.

I have gone out of my way to make sure Stew and I have a nice day, I've bought us gifts (something we don't usually do) and I've asked all my kids to BEHAVE on the day and allow our day to pass peacefully, with lots of love shown for our littlies.

We will have Brylee, Griffin, Rena, Keera and Dante here, so I want it to be a day filled with fun for the kids, and a lovely meal shared by us all.

Today we are going to Botany Town Centre.  I want to have a wander around and make sure I've not forgotten anything.  We also need to buy last minute groceries like fresh salad stuff.

So, that's it for now.  I hope everyone has an awesome day and you are all looking forward to tomorrow.  I hope you have got everything ready!

ONWARD...

Well...  wasn't too busy really.  We got a few last minute things, and then came home.  
Stew is now cooking two chickens for tomorrow, the kids are watching a Christmas movie and I'm just lazing the afternoon away.

It's too hot to do much else really.

BRENDA:  inside my house right now it's  27C, or 80F, with about 85% humidity.  It's the humidity that is the killer, not the heat.  I think in Texas you would have a dry heat?  It's quite different to a humid heat.  

End of Day:  one more sleep till our family Christmas.  I bet the kids wake early for a change!
nite nite, sleep tight.

13 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Chris. Have a fantastic day tomorrow and enjoy all the fun and laughter that will fill the day with the children being there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your day tommorrow with all your little people ...... To me that's what Christmas is about 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Have a festive day tomorrow. Kids make Christmas a special time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear that you are looking forward to a fun family celebration. Merry Christmas and have a wonderful time enjoying those cute littles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be careful out there. There are dicks snatching womens handbags at shopping centres and I have had one client just have his truck window punched in by some angry man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Christmas everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you words aren't all hot air to some. I hope you all have a nice day, I had to get some last minute drink non alcoholic and mixes, my friend and I have got all the food ready, except turkey and veges of course but other than that we sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:35 PM

      You couldn't just leave that first bit out could you.

      Delete
  8. I just checked the temperature where you are, and it is 72F. I would be wearing a sweater. Hot is when it gets in the upper 90's. I guess I am conditioned to a different climate. Brenda in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  9. bjn: it's not the heat in Auckland but the humidity. I run my airconditioner nearly all the time in summer. I've travelled to placed much hotter and not experienced this kind of humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Auckland is seriously humid, really hard to cope with. It's hot down here on the Kapiti Coast but low humidity and lovely sea breezes...nice! Not that I'm smug or anything...! Happy Christmas, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't agree more about the humidity - I lived in Auckland for six years and yes, it was really hard to get used to, especially coming from a milder climate. Merry Christmas everyone! Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's Christmas there! Merry Christmas! I'm at work! Haa haaa Hooo Hooo HOOO!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.