Monday, February 05, 2024

NOT A HOLIDAY TODAY

 


Tomorrow is a public holiday here in New Zealand.

Today is not.  Most people will go back to work 'n' school.

But a lot won't too.

Stew is one of those who's decided to take today off, giving him a 4 day break.

That is why Mike and Joyce are still here too.

ABOVE:  Legs.

I suppose there is no guessing which is mine.


ABOVE: Marley loves Lily, until she is screaming.

Then, she's not so sure about that noisy little thing. 😂😊


ABOVE:  Bex has started using her 'Stay Open' Bag as a baby bag again!  She's only had it for 11 years.  She still swears it's the best baby bag to use.

And that reminded me how good they are, so I'm going to make a few for market in the next couple of weeks.

It will be interesting to see how they go on my stall.

Mini rant:

When you can't say anything to a Narcissist because they cannot see it in themselves, and will only ever deny it :



I have to laugh when someone says they don't read this blog... yet they know FAR TOO MUCH !

I think walking away is my best option, leave the haters to hate.  They are only poisoning themselves.

I'm HAPPY.  And you can't take that away from me.

 CATCH YA LATER...




ABOVE:  You asked, I replied.  Here is a Stay Open Bag.

ABOVE: Right.  For anyone interested in making their own bag, you can find the pattern on this blog by:
Clicking on that search box when you are on my Blog Page.

Type in 'CUTE BAG PATTERN', and it will take you to the post dated Saturday October 23, 2010.
Scroll down, the pattern is there.

It's 'correct name' is Stay Open Bag, but I refer to it as a Cute Bag.

ABOVE: We  have been out doing some shopping.  Mike and Joyce ordered a Chiefs shirt for Stew, it's a yearly tradition now.
We also got a few other bits 'n' bobs.

ABOVE: I found some new Wasgij puzzles as well.  
Something to do in the evenings again, while watching the telly.

It's another beautiful day out there, so swimming will probably happen after lunch goes down.  edit: we didn't. We were all just too lazy and wanted to do bugger all.

The plumber is away until Wednesday night, so we MIGHT see him on Thursday.  Grrrrr.

6 pm:  We all had a very quiet, relaxed afternoon.  Joyce did our washing and hung it all out, she's bloody handy to have around I must say.  
I will miss them when they go home tomorrow.

I've got chicken in the oven for dinner tonight, we are actually going to have hot veges for the first time in MONTHS!  
After dinner I expect we will just blob out again.
It's too hot to do much else.  A swim might happen as well.
And I might start my next jigsaw.

13 comments:

  1. I don't remember this stay open bag. How does it work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:59 AM

      Very cool.

      I did not remember them either.

      Is the pattern/instructions somewhere?

      Vickie

      Delete
    2. I will show you where to find the pattern when we get home from town.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous3:49 PM

      Thanks, as soon as I read thru your instructions, I remembered them.

      I agree looks like a great bag for all kinds of things.

      Also good way to use up fabric.

      Vickie

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:58 AM

    I made a Stay Open bag for my sister. Should have made it for myself lol. Love your updates and Lily is so photogenic. The boys diet sounds yummy lol. Easy to cook!.kj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:11 AM

    The bag is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great bag, so many uses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When the plumbing guy coming?
    Those bags are the best can remember all those and they were very popular

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stay open bag but when I first read that and saw Steve with it I thought she was putting the baby IN the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:25 AM

    I love that bag!! How handy for a mother to be able to just reach in and grab what she needs. And your model is pretty darn handsome to boot. XOXO to Lily!! KY Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the bag pattern. I love it. Mine will never turn out as cute as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the stay open bag. I have a feeling those will do quite well at the market.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.