Tuesday, February 06, 2024

BYE BYE KIDS

 


Today Mike and Joyce head home to Palmerston North.   It's a lovely day for travelling, unlike when then came up, which was quite wet and stormy.

Hopefully they get to see the dusting of snow on the central mountains.

Once they leave, I will head into the sewing room to make a start on stitching this:

ABOVE:  It's going to be a 'Wave' Stay Open Bag'.  I decided to go ahead and try and get a couple made for the next market.

Which is going to be this Sunday.  We are going back to the Cambridge Trash 'n' Treasure Market, because we only have the Tamahere Market on the calendar until October.  I'd like to add at least one other... so let's try the Cambridge one.

I am now off for a walk, really early so I beat the heat.

CATCH YA LATER...

Mike and I got up very early this morning, and off we went TO THE LAKE for a walk.

It was a wonderful time to go, the sun was only just coming up, there was a heavy dew and even some low mist across the fields.

PERFECT walking weather.



ABOVE:  Mike was really happy to see the Hamilton Balloon going up.  In fact there were quite a few balloons up this morning.

Perfect weather for them today with no wind.



ABOVE:  I was surprised to see some baby Coots this morning.  I thought it was too late in the season for baby birds now.


ABOVE:  Sunrise!  And the end of our walk.

ABOVE:  Today's stats.  A bit slower than I have done in the past, but I am still happy with my time.

ABOVE:  A cute moment with Beau, and Marley looking less than impressed.

We are going out a bit later on to find Mike some new sunglasses for the drive home.
When we finished our walk this morning, he put his sunglasses on the roof of my car when he took the photo of me, and then forgot they were there and yep, you guessed it.  Lost his glasses.
I might even get some for myself as I squint something shocking in the sun too.
Having light blue eyes may be nice, but they are very light sensitive.


ABOVE:  We both found sunglasses, and for damn good prices too.  Mine were only $60, which is half what I thought I'd spend.  SCORE.

ABOVE:  sleeping little doll.

5 pm:  And all is quiet here again.
It's been a really neat few days with the kids visiting.
Back to normal tomorrow.
Stew's been out to virtually every supermarket on our side of the river, looking for liver and kidney.
NO LUCK.  Seems you have to be at the supermarket first thing in the morning to get any.
He's a bit anaemic, so is trying to up his iron heavy meats, so he doesn't have to take iron pills.

10.40 pm:  I've been working on my jig saw for the past couple of hours, and I'm now seeing double.  Time to call it a day.
Catch ya tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. So pretty! I would try to stow away in one of those balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:25 AM

    How wonderful having Mike and Joyce visit 😍 WTF is a coot?? Have never heard of them πŸ˜‚ making relish and tomato sauce today for the olds, the baton has been passed on as its too much for them now, but I don't mind because I love them GM πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An Australian Coot is a water fowl.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:26 AM

    I can't even set foot outside without sunnies. Mine are prescription so I'd hate to lose them. Lovely photos of your walk today and very special you got to do it with Mike and the balloons! xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I literally live in my sunglasses! They are prescription ones and I have more than one pair. The damage done to eyes from the sun is massive and every time I get my eyes checked they remind me. Sadly I didn't wear them often when I was young and I do have a little sun damage from that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:07 PM

      Sun glasses reduce cataract issues! My doctor is very insistent on them.
      Vickie

      Delete
  5. Lookin' good!
    I missed Mike's annual barbershop visit and transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww she's gorgeous 😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are getting very brown Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhonda7:39 PM

    Would Stew have more luck going to a butcher instead of supermarket for liver/kidney.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:39 PM

    As we get older it is harder to absorb enough vitamins from our foods, an iron tablet every second day or so would be a help as long as it is one with Vit c included as that helps absorption ....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:04 PM

    I have the option problem to Stew, I have to watch that I don’t have too much iron. It’s a genetic issue from dad’s side but it different to the one mum and her brother have. Mine goes from dad to me to my sonπŸ™„
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:32 AM

    Yuck. I'll spend $10 on a box of iron tablets before I buy offal any day! Good luck Stew! xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.