Friday, February 09, 2024

BUGGER!!!

 


Last night Steve stopped into our house to install the bath.

I didn't know he was going to do that.  He waited until I wasn't home, sneaky boy.

Obviously, he was hoping to surprise me with the bath installed when I got home.

SADLY... he arrived back at his house all hot and bothered, and very, very angry.

ABOVE:  Look at that.  The waste pipe is still not in the correct position.  It has to be EXACTLY lined up for the seal to work.

And clearly it does not.  

I would not like to be the plumber when Steve talks to him this morning!   Steve has a 'bit' of a temper on him. 

It will get sorted eventually, but I'm sad that it's made Steve so annoyed, and wasted so much of his time.

I am off on a walk this morning, just around the mall today.  If it gets too hot I can go inside and do laps.

CATCH YA LATER...

7.38 am:  and I'm home from me walk.  It was another perfect walking morning... overcast and coolish.  

ABOVE:  I went around the mall just over 4 times today.  I didn't feel up to 5 times because yesterday I had a fall and I'm a bit achy today.

Only I can trip UP stairs !  I did in the underside of me right foot, me left knee, right shin, shoulder and back.  So you could say I did a good job of it.  But I'm fine, I'm going to take it easy today and just potter around.

Not even sure if I'll do any sewing.

2.57 pm:  Clearly I've been missing in action for a big chunk of the day!

I had brunch.

Then I did some of my jigsaw.

And now I'm in the sewing room, laying out 4 runners.

With KIWIS.  But a much simpler version, not like the Wave one, which was labor intensive.

ABOVE:  And there are four KIWI runners, ready for more work done on them tomorrow.

I will need to pop into Spotlight for some backing fabric before I can finish them.

I'm really happy with them so far. Two square ended and two rounded.  

We are expecting Stew's sister, Khady, later on this evening.  She's enroute to Wanganui from Auckland, and is staying here tonight to break up her journey.  

Steve, Bex and kids called in to say 'Hi' to Khady.  

While he was here, Steve decided to sort out the bath.  

ABOVE:  Look at that!  It fits.


ABOVE:  Fitting the pipes up and then he ran the bath... with the plug in.  

It was so neat to see it actually working.

Tomorrow morning I am going to have a TEPID BUBBLE BATH!  😂😃😉


ABOVE:  An after dinner swim, it was wonderful apparently. 

It's now wind down time, the kids have gone home and we are just sitting here yakking with Khady till bedtime.

CATCH YA TOMORROW.

19 comments:

  1. Oh what a bummer and so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:47 AM

    Chris.....you fell over. Had a fall? You’re not in that category yet!! And I’m sorry you fell over, I have ticked myself off for not paying attention when doing the same, it’s not a race, watch what you’re doing. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone can have a fall, irrespective of age. I've fallen UP stairs before. Yesterday I did a dumb thing as I stepped up, the mat was boiling hot and I tried to jump over it... on steps. Yep, dumb arse thing to do. Then I tried to do the 'twist and land on ya side thing' as advised for 'seniors'...that just made the landing 10 times worse. The stair mats are GOING!

      Delete
  3. Glad nothing broke in your tumble. That is always startling when you are jostled so unexpectedly. Good for you do do your walk today and keep those joints mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how the plumber can put the drain in the correct position without having the tub there. He should just do it all at this point so if anything goes awry it's his responsibility entirely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:00 AM

      I think plumbers are used to putting all the pipes in, based on measurements, before installing fixtures.

      When you build a house from scratch, they run all the lines, long before the fixtures arrive.

      But I agree, at this point, the plumber should probably stay for the whole process.

      I am wondering about the tap, did you determine there is no further leak? I can’t remember.

      Vickie

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9:24 AM

    I can imagine why Steve would be annoyed with the plumber - as a builder he has to get his measurements correct. One thing I am curious about - is that the actual size of the waste as it surely would take a very long time to empty a bath with such a small waste outlet. Hope it all gets resolved soon and I agree with Dogstars and Vickie - get him to install the whole thing without any extra charge so he is responsible for the work. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:46 AM

      ...a small waster outlet and at least 3 bends in the drain piping...if I remember that correctly. It just all looks weird. Ky Girl XO

      Delete
  6. Anonymous9:43 AM

    OMG - I hate falling UP the stairs, but of course would rather do that than down the stairs. You hang in there and I am so sorry about the bad plumbing jog. I'd be super-duper mad!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:05 AM

    Who choose that plumber...lol...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:33 AM

    Is that plumber still an apprentice, jez bloody hopeless

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steve doesn't need to be having this stress with he plumber not to mention spoiled his surprise for his ma...wouldn't want be the plumber this morning hope all the changes doesn't cause leaks under your bath later

    ReplyDelete
  10. No words... it certainly will be the bath worth waiting for! Third time lucky hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you aren't too sore. Falls happen so quickly and can make us feel very frail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:02 PM

    At least you didn’t break anything unlike me when I had my fall. Broke my wrist in 2 places, still having physio 14 weeks later.. You take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad the bath is finally in…you will soooooo enjoy that first bath 😘

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous1:59 AM

    You will really enjoy that first bubble bath. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:17 AM

    Steve is worth millions so many skills and so happy to help you. I think we'd all like a clone of him. Lol kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.