Tuesday, February 27, 2024

FAILING

 


I'm gunna start the day on a low.

I feel like I am utterly failing with my weight loss so far this year.

I had a massive sugar fix yesterday.  I know it was because I'm a bit stressed.  

Nothing in particular either, just EVERYTHING culminating into a cesspool of shittyness.

And the stupid thing is, most of my shittyness is down to me and my poor eating of late.

I'm like ... what the fuck am I doing?

I don't know how to pull myself out of it right now.

But ... I will keep trying, cos I know how happy I am when I am 'on track' and losing some weight.

I get SO CLOSE to my ultimate goal, then just fall off the bloody wagon.

WHY?

I will go to the Weight Watcher meeting tonight. NOT weighing in cos I don't want to self harm (joking), but my mental health is just as important right?  I know where I am on the goddam scale anyway.

I just need the support of the WW Leader and the ladies there to yak to.  They might help with my motivation.

And I want to get back into my walking regularly again, that helps me tremendously, even though I FRIGGIN' HATE WALKING!

Alright, enough bitching.

Back to today.

I'm going to sew a bit.

Then I'm gunna pack a bit.

PACK???

Yeah.  I'm going to take a little trip down to Palmerston North tomorrow.

For Sandra C's 60th Birthday.  

I hadn't planned on going right now, but plans change.   

It will be lovely to catch up with the girlfriends, and see Mike 'n' Joyce again.

So, I will get me ducks in a row, get shit ready to throw in me suitcase and then I can relax.

Going now.... got stuff to dooooooo.....

LATE last night, I was lying in bed, no able to sleep.

Because my PANTRY was bugging me!  Yep, stranger things have kept me awake, but last night it was the bloody pantry.

I was annoyed at how cluttered it was, how things were 'out of place', and also several other cupboards in the kitchen.

So... I snuck outta bed, closed the doors so I didn't wake Stew, and got to it.

Now of course, to move anything out of the pantry and cluttered cupboards meant moving heaps of other things.

But, I got half of it done last night, and when I arose this morning, I did the rest of it.  All up it took me four hours.  Four hours well spent.

ABOVE:  I now have a spic 'n' span pantry again.  And it's so much less cluttered.

CLUTTERED is a word I shall use often today.


ABOVE: Next up was all the containers I had in one of the cupboards in the kitchen.  They went into this cupboard in the garage.  If I need any, I can just get them from here, right?


ABOVE: Taking those containers out of this cupboard meant I could put all the baking ingredients there instead.
And of course, that also gave me more room in the pantry.
So it was less CLUTTERED.

Gosh I'm right into decluttering at the moment!


ABOVE: The next eviction was all these from the day to day cupboard of plates, serving dishes etc.


ABOVE:  75% of them went in the credenza.  They all get used occasionally, but they sure in hell don't need to be in the kitchen full time.

ABOVE: Same applied to these large serving dishes.  They get used on occasions, but not all the time.

And they were on the top shelf in the day to day cupboard, and damned if I could reach up and get one down, particularly if it was under several others.

That used to piss me off.  No more.  That shittyness is over.

And YES, I'm sure I'm spelling 'Shittyness' wrong, but I don't care. Is there even such a word?  If not, I made it up.

ABOVE: The day to day cupboard, all tidy, organised and not CLUTTERED ... finally I'm happy.

AND DONE.

Well, by done I mean that job.

I've now got the washing to hang out, the bed to make, some dishes to do, then I can get into the sewing room.

LUCKY I LIKE BEING BUSY RIGHT?

What are you up to today?  Have I inspired anyone to get decluttering yet???

3.33 pm, and I'm finished in the sewing room for the next few days.

ABOVE:  Funky Bird Runners numbers 5 & 6 done.

I'm happy to now take a break from sewing.

I've made 12 runners in the past 8 days.  Not a bad effort.

I am now going to make a start on sorting out what I need to pack....

9.50 pm:  Well I went to WW, enjoyed the meeting and then came home.  

Stew and I did a quick trip to Lacy's and Steve 'n' Bex's as well, just giving them some food I'd bought but didn't want after all.

It was chocolate, lollies, biscuits etc.  I had a mad moment yesterday.  But it's all out of the house now.

Then we gassed up my car in readiness for tomorrow's road trip.

Now... I'm watching Coronation Street before heading off to bed.

CATCH YA TOMORROW.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:32 AM

    Great idea to get away and spend time with family and friends and do a body/mind reset. Have a great time
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trip to hang with your friends is one of the best things you can do for your mental health. When you get back it will be easier to jump back on the healthy eating wagon 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you will enjoy your spontaneous trip! Sounds like perfect timing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:34 AM

    Enjoy your upcoming trip and in being with others, especially Mike & Joyce. And remember, you are only human and we all have hiccups. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks clean and organized to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leeann10:53 AM

    Wow the pantry and cupboards look great. Will be so much easier for you to find what you want now too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:39 PM

    Love how you declutter your house
    I'm the same when life seems abit heavy but the rewards after are worth it, even if others think what is she up to now 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:42 PM

    We had snow on Saturday.

    Today I was walking dogs in a long sleeved t-shirt, capris and sandals.

    I have been reorganizing my linen this week. I cleaned out my linen closet totally. It has always been awkward to keep tidy. I moved the linen to another place in the house and put photo albums and genealogy binders in the old linen closet. Much better.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny5:47 PM

    I love that you got up in the night to do that. You are indeed human, have a great trip and come back reset if you can. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:19 PM

    I keep my flour in the freezer.
    You might go thru yours a lot faster than I do.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:10 PM

    That the sort of night I had other night couldn't sleep kept thinking about my cupboard with wine glasses and kitchen wrap foil etc. do I pack the blades or give them away so 2.30 I got up packed them away still undecided about keeping them but they in a box I can take with me or drop off to Sallies. Have an awesome trip to Palmerston North. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m in a declutter mood too. Took a whole heap of unwanted “stuff” to op shop and skip bins.
    Have a safe trip tomorrow and enjoy your catch with Mike, Joyce and your friends

    ReplyDelete
  13. That mood thing is going around. Have fun on your travels.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.