Saturday, February 03, 2024

LOTS OF THIS 'N' THAT TODAY

 


Whoop!  Whoop!

Mike and Joyce are arriving today for a 4 day stay.

We expect them after lunch sometime.

Until then... I am hoping Steve comes over and finishes off the walls in the bathroom.  Just some 'titivating' before the bath is put in position.

I can almost FEEL that bath in there!!!!!!

ABOVE:  I bought this cute little sponge for the bathroom yesterday.  It will probably only be 'decoration' 😃😊.

I've been buying a few lovely soaps too.


ABOVE:  I was rummaging in the bottom of the pantry, trying to find pasta, and saw these baby bibs.

I had to smile... cos I've had some of them for well over 20 years!

Just as well I didn't throw them out eh?  lol

Something must have told me to hold on to them...  HELLO LILY!


ABOVE: We always use WATTIES SPAGHETTI.  Until fairly recently, when the quality of their spaghetti went to SHIT.

Super thin, tasteless sauce.  I reckon they have watered it down!

So, I have tried all the alternative types on the market.

And none of them are that good.

So yesterday I had a go at making my own.

Spaghetti pasta, Tomato Puree, Chopped Tomatoes and some cream cheese stirred in.  

I must say, it was perfectly lovely, and I might just keep making our own from now on.

Though maybe NOT a huge pot full!  I am gunna have to freeze quite a bit from yesterday.


ABOVE:  And there we have 7 runners laid out, ready for sewing.  I will try and get them done before the end of next week, so I can then turn around and make some bowl cosy's and KIWI Runners.  

ABOVE: This is a KIWI Runner.  I made 4 a while ago and they are all gone now.  So I would like to make about 6 more.  They are super easy and quick to make, which is neat.

And that's me for now. 

CATCH YA LATER.


10.30 am:  And Steve is here doing 'his thing'.... and my Stew has been out and done his grocery shopping.

All ticking along nicely.

Sent invites out to everyone for dinner... but looks like I should have done that a bit earlier.

We will just have a few here tonight.  Steve and Bex, Mike and Joyce, Griffin and Tash.  Plus the boys and Lily.

So, dinner is planned and sorted.

The bathroom is coming along.  I've got lots of 'touch ups' to do with me paint brush a bit later on.

Then maybe tomorrow the bath will go in!

I have also done quite a bit of strip cutting for the Braid Runners I've got lined up.  I might get more done on them tomorrow or Monday.

ABOVE:  And that's a wrap on the walls.  Finally done, now we can put the bath in place.


ABOVE: WE had HEAPS of wind and rain last night, and again this morning.  It should be over by tomorrow.  But ya, I don't have to water the gardens for a few days.

ABOVE: Look at the red heads!   It's so in the family.
Mike wasn't too sure about holding a teeny tiny baby.

ABOVE: Lots of people and pups to dote on her today.

ABOVE:  And ... the boys took the bath from the garage into the bathroom!

ABOVE:  I was SO EXCITED to see it in place.
And it was IN PLACE for about 2 minutes before the guys realised that the plumber had put the waste pipe IN THE WRONG POSITION.
How the fuck did that happen???

We now have to wait for the plumber to come back and fix the problem.  AGAIN.

I'M GUTTED.  I thought we might have it all finished by tonight.   
Now it won't be for several more days.

8.39 pm:  Well... a really lovely evening here!
Everyone expected arrived, we had a lovely dinner and catch up.
Lots of clucking over little Lily, as expected.

ABOVE:  Me and the boys.
And Marley 'n' Beau.

ABOVE:  Beau was tired after a 5 hour long trip up from Palmerston North.

ABOVE:  The Harvey Boys.

ABOVE:  The boys, and Beau.  

ABOVE: We had such a lovely dinner.
Roast Chicken, Sausages, Bacon, Potato Wedges, Cucumber and Tomato, Sour Cream etc.
Steve and Mike are on a PROTEIN ONLY diet, so they had Steaks, Bacon, and Halloumi Cheese.
Afterwards, some had Magnum Ice Creams.

ABOVE:  All the dogs were wishful for tid bits.
Didn't happen.
Well, I lie.   Beau got a tiny bit of bacon.  (don't tell Mike!) 😂😅😂

It is now 9 pm, everyone has gone home and all is quiet here.
Mike and Joyce are at Steve 'n' Bex's for a while.
They will be back later on this evening.

Stew and I will probably go to bed in the next hour or so.  It's been a long but very enjoyable day.
Except for the bath incident.  That will get sorted out eventually though, so I'm not going to let it ruin me day.

10 comments:

  1. I was wondering about the Spaghetti you use. So - A While ago Keera Had some Spaghetti with an egg in it, I believe. Do you just break an egg and microwave it all at once? Or how did the egg step work? I love Spaghettio's. It would be so sad if they changed the recipe. Haven't had them in years though - so perhaps they already have.

    There is nothing like the convenience of opening a can...... What a bummer that they fowled things up!

    I really like that KIWI runner. It funny that it is easier because it doesn't look easier or cheaper in any way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - with all those strong men fed after dinner - they can carry the bath to it's new location!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting day ahead
    Can’t beat homemade spaghetti!
    Can’t wait to see the final pics of finished bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, glad you found out about the drain error now! What a drag. How did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:34 PM

    Oh no I feel so sorry for you with the drain in the wrong spot. When we were installing our new stove there were only 3 legs in the box. Luckily the plumber did another job while hubby drove an hour and a half, one way to get a new leg from the retailer. I’m sure they got a nice serve
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh no bugger darn it all

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:13 AM

    Great photo's looks like a wonderful evening....handsome family.....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so sad about the bath! Hope it's an easy fix. Great to have your boys there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun photos! How did all the men get matching t-shirts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the t shirts for Christmas.... hoping I'd get that photo.

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.