Monday, February 26, 2024

SEWING, AND HOSPITAL

 


Another week rolls around, and it's the end of February midweek.

My friend Sandra from Palmerston North gets to celebrate her ACTUAL BIRTHDAY this week, first time in 4 years.
Yep, she's a Leap Year Baby.  This will be the 15th time she's had her birthday ON HER BIRTHDAY.  29th February.

She will be 60 years old.  Sadly, I missed her birthday party.  I hope to pop down there again in the next couple of months, to see her and my other girlfriends.  Before winter sets in and the roads are dicey.

Right, back to today.  I am going to go for a walk (I hope I can drag my sorry butt outta bed!), then I will start the stitching on these two funky bird runners:


ABOVE:  Nothing like keeping ones self busy eh?  The rate I'm going I'll have plenty of new stock to take to market in March.

I can work until 1 pm, then I have to stop and go do something else entirely.

I'm picking Lacy up as I need her to drop Stew and I off at the hospital, then pick us up again after 2-3 hours.

WHY?

Meh.  Cos Stew has two new hernias in his belly.
Must run in the family eh?  😂😕😖

Stew had a big umbilical hernia repair done way back when we lived in Palmerston North, about 17 years ago.
Since he lost weight, he found a big 'lump' in his lower belly (read very low)... and another bulge well above his belly button.

So, today we go to see the team at the hospital for detailed assessment, and a possible surgery prognosis on one or both hernias.

I'm going with him cos I want to hear what they have to say.  And to, (obviously), support him.
So that's my day planned out.

CATCH YA LATER.

11.30 am:  The morning is going well.  I'm 3/4 of the way through all the applique' stitching.  But i have to stop soon so I can get me face on, and go pick up Lacy, then Stew a bit later.

ABOVE:  I love how I did his eyelashes.  So 'funky' eh?

Right, better get off here.  Got shit to do.


ABOVE: Stew looking all professional while sitting waiting.  We didn't actually have to wait long at all, only 5 minutes over our appointment time!  
I was shocked to be honest, I thought we would be waiting for an hour at least.

ABOVE:  I couldn't help it!  I had to sit in the BIG CHAIR... so I would look smaller.   lol

So, we saw the surgeon, and Stew is now on the waiting list to get his lower hernia repaired.
The one higher up is not a worry to the surgeon, it's very common in men to get that one and it's not likely to cause any problems.
So, now we wait for a surgery date, which could take months, or god help us, years.

Lacy dropped us off and picked us up, which was awesome.  It was raining so we didn't end up wet from walking any distance.

Now, Stew is back at work, Lacy is home and I'm home.
I might do an hours sewing now, before Stew gets home.

8 pm:  Well I did get a bit of work done before Stew got home.  Then we had dinner and just sat and watched the telly.  Now, I'm gunna sign off for the day, I'm done.
Catch ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Good luck Stew. Hopefully you will get a good result 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:33 AM

    Best wishes to Stew. A question....why can’t you drive yourself, or is it like here in Melbourne where the parking is $25 an hour. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parking fees are not too bad, but getting a park? Near impossible... you usually end up a mile or more down the road. And there's usually a time limit on the side of the road. We could be 3 hours in the hospital, and most side roads have a 2 hour limit.

      Delete
  3. Those colorful, funky runners are such a bright spot in a rather dreary day. Hope Stew gets those hernias taken care of soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending good vibes to Stew. Hope you get some satisfactory answers and a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:44 AM

    Hospital parking at CHCH public is dreadful too Chris. They had a great shuttle service $5 for carpark no matter how many passengers but think that has closed. All best for fast result for Stew. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:19 PM

    The best of wishes to Stew! That must be very worrisome. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:04 PM

      Hanging on to your comment so I can post(sorry). This is one reason I have kept my medical insurance going. I have had 7 Surgeries in 8 years. Last one in September 23. While In still working I will keep it going. Hope Stew doesn’t have long to wait!

      Delete
  7. Anonymous3:19 PM

    I agree, hope all goes well and you get definitive plan right away, without too much worry.

    Loving the birds!

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  8. No surgery today? Phew. My Hubby had un umbilical hernia surgery. It must have gone well because barely remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:31 PM

    Dropped my daughter at hospital this morning. She ruptured her patella tendon 4 months ago, has a cable holding her kneecap on which is coming out today. She was on waiting list for another 3 months, I wrote to them as she suffers with anxiety and she manages anxiety with exercise, she can’t exercise as the cable is causing her pain, they very kindly pushed her up the list. I am extremely grateful, I did mention I was aware of many cases more pressing than hers. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:21 AM

    I remember Stew having that op in PN. It was postponed for a week so we decided to do it ourselves in the boardroom..we covered table with green sheets, had 4x2 for anesthetic, baling twine to sew him up! We had fun those days. Hope you get it soon Stew 🫂 kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.