Monday, February 19, 2024

WORK TODAY

 


I have three weeks until our next market.

And I have NO green Kiwiana runners left.

So that is TOP of my list of 'to dos' ... and today I will make a start on getting 5-6 done.

Stew is back at work today, so I should be able to work straight through until he gets home at 6 pm.

This hot, humid weather is playing havoc with my fluid retention... so I'm going to take a piddle pill this morning.  That should make me purge a decent amount of it during the day.

It's not something I like to do (take a diuretic), but sometimes it just has to be done.

At least I don't take them EVERY SINGLE DAY like I had to years ago.  Now days it's probably only once or twice a month over summer.

It's  a bloody pain in the butt having to visit the loo every hour!  Usually I piddle twice a day, at a push three times!

Ya needed to know that right?  😂😅😏

So that's me day planned.

What are you doing?  Anyone doing something really exciting?  Different?  Going shopping?  What for?  Entertain me.

CATCH YA LATER...

RHONDA:  I drink on average 2.5 liters of fluid every day, sometime more on really hot days.  So staying hydrated is not a problem.  I have had fluid retention since I was in my 20's. 

It is now 10.24 am, and I've spent the morning doing 'housework' in the sewing room.  Which means cutting strips, filling bobbins etc.  I had to go to Spotlight for bobbin thread, I was totally out of black.  Funny that, seeing as it's the colour I use predominantly for the Braid Runners.

I am almost ready to start sewing... hoping to get one, if not two runners done today.

It's 2 pm and I've just made two runner tops.  I'm going to make 2-3 more tops before I quilt and bind them all.

But right now, I'm off to have some lunch then a swim.

6.38 pm:  I am really happy with my day.  I got three runner tops made, and tomorrow I am hoping to do the same again.

I had the most delicious swim this afternoon, and I did some aqua jogging too.  Some sort of exercise is better than none right?

Stew just got home, and he's in the kitchen getting himself some dinner, and prepping his lunch for work tomorrow.

His dinner is ice cream.  That's what I had for lunch! lol

I doubt much else is gunna happen today, so I might just bugger off and put me feet up.  Sewing all day wrecks havoc on me feet/legs, as ya know.

I did do 5 piddles this morning!  Not a record, but close.  Sadly though, my fluid retention ramped up this afternoon.   Grrrr.   Comes from sitting sewing for hours.

But, I love the sewing, so will just have to put up with having fat feet.

CATCH YA TOMORROW.  

9 comments:

  1. I wish I was doing something exciting 😒 but just work... although Thursday Paige starts Uni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:19 AM

    Once or twice a day????? I’m once or twice an hour and that’s without any pill of any sort!! Going overseas in April for 4 weeks so I get medication to take the edge off having to go all the time, I know every toilet in Melbourne, but try finding one in Rome! Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably piddle maybe five or six times a day? I don't count but heck twice a day is not a lot, no wonder you have fluid retention. I can relate to Marie's comment... I had a 'need to piddle' problem when I was travelling years ago and OMG, trying to find toilets everywhere was a nightmare :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:18 AM

      Lynda prescription medication called Ditropan takes away that urgency. Not recommended for every day use but very good for Europe/Asia where the lack of pubs to duck in to is an issue. Marie

      Delete
  4. Rhonda9:58 AM

    Sounds like a very productive day ahead. Great start to a week. Obviously normal for you not to pee much but probably explains the fluid retention. Although it’s extremely important to stay hydrated for your kidneys to work at an optimum level (especially at our age 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️😜😜😜😜)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda1:51 PM

      Your fluid intake is obviously fine so as I said, normal for you to not pee much lol 😜

      Delete
  5. I am self employed these days (as an editor and doing policy work), and need to do a bit of a marketing push which is not in my comfort zone! So today I am planning that :-) Good luck with the runners and the peeing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:35 PM

    You b skite!! 2 maybe 3 x a day? My bladders buggered! Lol. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:09 AM

    Can I suggest getting something like the Revitive machine to use for half an hour or so, twice a day, while sewing? I use one every day and I love it (I sit a desk all day so get swollen ankles by the end of the day). The machine is expensive but it does work. If you use it a few times you might find that you get less retention. xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.