Wednesday, February 21, 2024

ANOTHER TEENAGER!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY 
TO EMILY

Another grandchild who is suddenly a freakin' TEENAGER!
WE love you to bits Em, and hope you have a lovely day.

Today I am going to make a start on quilting those 8 runner tops.
I shall probably get about 3 done before lunchtime, when I'll take a break.

ABOVE: This is runner top #8 that I got done yesterday.  I used that new kiwiana fabric again.  I just love it.
I can't make up my mind if I want to put a border of that fabric around the outer edge.  Stew reckons it doesn't need it.
What do you think?  It would make it bigger all around...

CATCH YA LATER...

ABOVE:  It's already 8.45 am, and I'm only now ready to cut out the batting and get on with doing these.
I stayed in bed till 8, whoops!
The plan was to be sewing by 8.
Oh well... never mind.
I doubt I'll get three quilted before lunchtime now, but I can only do so much.
Housework came first.
πŸ˜πŸ˜’πŸ˜“πŸ˜•πŸ˜–


3.15 pm, and I'm onto the LAST of the 8!
Quilting them that is.
Binding will start tomorrow.
OMG it is so damn hot today.
It started out cool... but not now.
The minute I've finished this 8th runner, I'm getting in the bloody pool.

ABOVE:  Yaaa, I got all of them quilted. 
And then my swim was bloody FANTASTIC, so cooling and relaxing.
After me swim, I made dinner.
Brylee and Dom came for dinner, so I made an effort:

ABOVE: Roast leg of lamb, potatoes, onions, salad and onion gravy.  OMG it was so nice.  First roast of the year.

We have family coming for dinner on Friday night, so I might just hit 'REPEAT' on that dinner.

We are now enjoying the kids company for a while.

 9.26 pm:  The kids just left after a very nice visit.
Now it's wind down till bedtime.  
Catch ya tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:35 AM

    I'm with Stew I don't think it needs border of kiwi fabric either, I think it pops with the crisp black border. Have a great Wednesday. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and don't think it needs a border. Have a good morning in the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That runner is done. It needs nothing else.
    Happy Birthday Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:53 AM

    Happy Birthday Emily!!!!...I think those runners are all beautiful....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:45 PM

    The black border is all that those runners need
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. We had a riast beef tonight too... superb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dinner looks delicious. Well done on how much you got done on the runners today πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete
  8. dinner looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to Ms Emily.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.