Saturday, February 10, 2024

BATH!

 


It's going to be an AWESOME DAY!

Steve is coming back this afternoon to do the final finishing touches in the bathroom... then I can do the REVEAL.

ABOVE:  Khady enjoying her Christmas chocolates last night.

ABOVE: Having a cluck over little Lily, who was having her normal witching hour (or three) of being cranky in the evening.  
They are so lucky she actually does well overnight.

ABOVE:  Stew's Christmas/Birthday Present from Mike and Joyce.  The latest Chiefs Shirt.  He looks rather fab in it.

Well... once Khady leaves this morning I'm going out to buy some flowers.  I have a space for some more inside. 
The other thing I want to get done today is those 4 runners, all going well.  
It would be nice to have them added to my stash for tomorrows market.

CATCH YA LATER...

The bathroom reveal will be in about an hour... or less.
I'm just editing photos etc.

ABOVE:  The 'before' photo.

Steve arrived after work this morning, and did all the finishing things in the bathroom.  Silicone around the bath, shelves up, skirting boards back on and so on.
It was stinking hot, I felt a bit guilty about making him work.
HOPEFULLY I don't find any more jobs for him to do for a very long time.

Now, the first photo I took using PANORAMA on my phone, to get the entire bath area in one photo.
So, there's curves where there shouldn't be, let me assure you the bath is not curved across the front and my ceiling is not curved either!  lol

ABOVE: Obviously, the accents were always going to be BLUE. 😂😊



ABOVE:  The perfect holder for the bathplug, a little copper bath.  I've had that little copper bath for about 20 years.
Steve built the little blue 'box' to hold the bath bombs, but I repurposed it for the plug.
The bath bombs and bubble bars ended up in clear plastic containers on the windowsill.
It was an evolving 'titivate',  till I got it all as I wanted it.

ABOVE:  I already had all the ornaments, plants etc.  
That lighthouse was bought from Bellingen in Australia, when I was visiting Mum about 15 years ago.  I can still picture the shop it came from, it was like a converted barn.

Interestingly, I have quite a few things from Bellingen.  Mum passed away in the hospital in Bellingen. 

ABOVE:  I didn't need to buy new flowers today either.  I just plucked some from an existing arrangement that had an abundance of flowers already.  You can't even tell I nicked some out of it. 😂😉

ABOVE:  I knew from the word 'go' that this metal lighthouse would go there.
And that is also why I knew the wood/rustic shelves would work in my bathroom.

You need to have a vision sometimes, and know what will and won't work.

The reason I say that is because of this:

DIET COKE ROCKS] New comment on WALK, THEN PAINTING.
A
Anonymous
You
Thu 1/02/2024 2:47 AM
Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "WALK, THEN PAINTING":Those shelves must be some kind of joke, they are so ugly and inappropriate for a barhroom. Please do not put them up.. they are a joke, right.PublishDeleteMark as spam

ANON:  Each to their own is all I can say, oh and you are rather RUDE.

I am so very happy it is all done, I have a functioning bath, in the BATHROOM.
It looks wonderful, and it will be a lovely room to have a relaxing soak in on a cold winter evening.

I can't thank our son Steve enough for all he did to get it done for me.  AND to Stew and Mike for their efforts too.
I'd thank the plumber too... but maybe not right now.  lol 

And now it's time for me to get back in the sewing room and finish off those KIWI runners.

ABOVE: one last bathroom photo...this one shows the panelling Steve and I did, which I am really proud of.  It looks so neat!

I forgot to mention... I did not have my first bath this morning.
Two reasons.
1.  I wanted to have my first bath when the bathroom was totally finished.
2. I have to wait for the silicone around the bath's edges to cure.

So, my first bath will be tomorrow night, after we have spent the day at market.

9.38 pm: And it's time to head off to bed.  We have an early start in the morning. 
Catch ya tomorrow.

21 comments:

  1. The plumber already came back? That was quick. Hope it's right this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I somehow missed the last bath update. Steve got it hooked up? Did the plumber return or did Steve move the pipes? Anyhow - it's good that it is sorted out now. Enjoy your bath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we declined the offer of him coming back again. Steve chipped away at the concrete floor until the pipes married up with the bath.

      Delete
    2. AH! Ok.... Glad it is done. Are you going to fill the hole? Or is it fine because it's under the tub?

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:20 AM

    Stew looks good. I like the shirt too. Hope you enjoyed the bath! Kj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:10 PM

    Yay! Can't wait for the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's PERFECT! Love the rustic shelves and things. We built a few things in our home using the black cast iron pipes. Including a paper towel holder mounted on the solid wood wall of our log cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:17 PM

    It is lovely! Perfect shape/size/fit.

    I realize the electric outlet is left from when there was a sink there. I think you should get rid of the light and put childproof plugs in it. Not worth the risk, especially if there are ever kids in it.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhonda3:33 PM

    Stew is looking really good and love his shirt. So glad your bath is in and you’re happy with it. It’s so you and you’ll love soaking in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:05 PM

    The bathroom is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:56 PM

    Very nice! I love it all, what an awesome soaker tub. I love the blue and the shelves and all of your knick-knacks.
    Steve has done a wonderful job. Enjoy!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stew and the shirt perfect
    I love absolutely love the new bathroom
    The forever home you are creating is so you and so perfect for your needs.
    Steve Mike and all whom shopped helped great work Team Harvey.
    This space soon to be your happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks amazing and so very you with all the special items. Love the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bathroom. Clearly gutless anonymous has no taste or vision 🙄

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:25 PM

    Bathroom looks great !!! enjoy. Peta

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your new bathroom Chris! Thank you for showing your "ugly and inappropriate" shelving as you have solved a dilemma for me as to where to hang towels in my very small bathroom. Will have to look for something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome 🛁. Bet you're so pleased. I'm very jealous as mine needs doing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your first soak in your new bath tomorrow 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9:29 PM

    Bathroom looks absolutely great!! I also love the shelves, am a big fan of that style and have made a fair few in various shapes and sizes out of scaffold board and pipes. Enjoy :D
    Tracy, Cornwall, UK

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous12:41 AM

    That is a great bathtub, did you have time for your first bath? Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks great! Love the shelves and the blue color.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.