Wednesday, February 14, 2024

REPEAT

 


And another day rolls around.  I am going to try and drag my sorry butt out of bed and go for a walk, not that I feel like it.

MEH. 

Today I am planning on making two more Braid Runners.  1 Black/White and Blue, and one Kiwiana.


ABOVE: Those are the two I got made yesterday.

Similar, but slightly different. I really love them.

Right, that's me for now.

I'll be back later with an update on how Stew is feeling.  He's still asleep right now.

CATCH YA LATER...

10.15 am and I'm outside weeding! Yep. Not sewing like I planned.

Got myself on a mission to rid my rockery of some spreading shit.

ABOVE:  A good job done.

Some people might have liked all the begonias, but to me they had become a weed!  They just kept on spreading EVERYWHERE.  I even had them coming up in my backyard gardens.

No thanks.  At least they are an easy enough plant to pull out, roots and all.

Now I have to keep on top of the baby ones that pop up.  Roundup is gunna be used until I have eradicated all of it.

I'm now a bit on the tired side, so shall take a break before heading into the sewing room.

Stew is clearly feeling much better today!  He looks brighter, he sounds brighter and he's on his laptop working.

So that is great.  I reckon he will be back in the office by Friday.

I have decided to go on no more walks for the time being.  If I do anything it will be on our treadmill until it's not so hot outside.

February and March are just TOO HOT for me.

ABOVE:  And that's today's runner done.  That makes 4 Black/White and Blue Braid Runners done and ready for market.
Tomorrow I will make a Kiwiana one.

I had planned on making two today, but I'm just done.  My feet are swollen and it's stinking hot. 

Stew is watching friggin CRICKET... the most boring game in the world.
How the commentators find anything to yabber on about it beyond me.  DEAD BORING.
I might have to put me headphones on and watch something on me laptop.

It's VALENTINES DAY.
And Stew had the PERFECT excuse to NOT give me a kiss and hug.  THE BASTARD HAS COVID. (just joking, we don't really observe Valentines Day).

It's been a fairly quiet day today.  Not much going on.  
I'm off to do more of nothing.
Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:54 PM

    Yes, I definitely liked the fuller look.

    But I intensely dislike Begonias. I am not sure what it is about them, but so not a fan.

    I would have pulled them too.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were not suitable for a 'rockery' either. I must sort out what else I can put in there. Any ideas?

      Delete
    2. Anonymous5:16 PM

      Maybe ask at a nursery.

      It would have to be able to stand the heat of the rocks plus the sun. And clearly you do not want anything that will spread quite so easily. So sort of a controlled fill-in. Short, flowering, easy to maintain.

      I am an avid gardener, but live on other side of the world.

      Vickie

      Delete
  2. Penny1:28 PM

    Excellent news that Stew is feeling better. I love the runners, you are doing such an amazing job x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:08 PM

    Heat is deathly. I started cleaning out garage this morning left it a bit late so by time I started I had lost coolest part of the day so am now crashed on the bed, have been vomiting because of the heat so trying very hard to keep hydrated. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what happens to me as well, I overheat then get sick. It's NASTY. I hope you feel better soon Felicity.

      Delete
  4. Just saying hello !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deep freeze here at -11C. Keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't do the heat either. Wish I could! All the good craft shows are in the summer but no way I can sit out in 100 degree weather.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.