Sunday, February 25, 2024

RAIN?

Let's start the day with some baby spam shall we?

ABOVE:  I got some really lovely cuddles yesterday.  Lily was so damn cute, lots of big smiles, and she's trying so hard to talk.  Definitely coos are happening.

So this morning I will finish the 2nd funky bird runner.  I just have to add a backing, then bind it.

Should only take an hour.  Then hmmm.... not sure what I will do next.  I have enjoyed making the birds, so I might even do a couple more.  They are fun.

We are supposed to get rain today, that would be lovely!  It's been quite a dry summer compared to last year!

And that's all I have for now... catch ya later.

We have rain, and it's lovely.

I'm sitting in the sewing room, you know... sewing.  And I glance outside.  It's pissing down, and I have this BRILLIANT IDEA!

Let's go for a walk.

I suggested it to Stew, who was about to step into the shower... and he was like... OK.

So off we went for a walk around the lake.

ABOVE: Very overcast with light rain here and there, but it was just beautiful.


ABOVE: There are still baby Pukekos!  I was surprised to see baby birds this late in the season.


ABOVE: This end of the lake is often like a mill pond, so still.


ABOVE:  He's havin' fish for lunch I reckon.


ABOVE: It had been 16 days since I had a decent walk.  I was KNACKERED.  But so happy we did it.


ABOVE:  I was super  happy with our time too... I had expected to be closer to 40 minutes.

Though, I did have to push myself to do a 'decent' time today.

It's now 11.30 am, and I'm going back to finish that runner.  Then we shall have some lunch.

ABOVE:  And there's another funky bird runner.

After finishing that, I skipped lunch and just laid out two more funky bird runners.

They are ready for stitching tomorrow.

It's now 4.30 pm, and I might go sort out some dinner for Stew and I.

YES LYNDA: I will make an appointment for the Shingles jabs.  Ikkkk.  I had not forgotten, just got distracted by LIFE in general.  It was on my 'To Do List'.

Right, it's the end of the day.  I am happy with how our day went.

Catch ya Tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Kiwionholidays10:46 AM

    Oh what fab photos of you with Lily and that top looks lovely on you ,
    Special memories made every day πŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ’―πŸ₯
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily is so much like Archer and Dante (and their Mum and Dad). Hey Chris, I just had a thought (off topic) but have you had your shingles vaccine yet? You can only get it free WHEN you are 65, not once you turn 66. It's seriously worth getting so I just thought I'd remind you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!
      I had Shingles at 47 years old.
      I have permanent nerve damage from it. Thankfully it's mild.
      Shingles itself was SOO painful. I am kind of give or take on vaccines. Not in love, not opposed. But, I DOOOOOOO suggest getting the Shingles vaccine! Prior to being diagnosed, I had never even heard of Shingles. Therefore - If I was asked if I wanted the vaccine I probably would have naively declined. Not anymore. GET THE SHINGLES VACCINE!

      Delete
    2. Exactly Dogstars! My friend went to get the vaccine and she had turned 66 and it was no longer free (NZ Health rule). She then got shingles a couple of years later (didn't get the vaccine) and she was sick for six months... couldn't do a thing she was so bad. That's how I know about the age 65 restriction.

      Delete
    3. PS: If you have to pay it is between $600 to $800 for both doses!! Well worth getting for free :)

      Delete
  3. I mum had shingles I. Her late 30 early 40 she still suffers nerve annoyance on her face at 80.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda2:35 PM

    It takes so long to get to a fitness level you’re comfortable with and it only takes a very small amount of time to lose that fitness 🀦‍♀️🀦‍♀️🀦‍♀️ so annoying. Lily is absolutely gorgeous and thriving so we’ll

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:26 PM

    I have now had both shingles shots, not sure which one you get in NZ but everyone over the age of 65 in Australia is eligible for free shingles shots, two over two months. No side effects the first shot, but the day after my second shot I just wanted to sleep the whole day. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Chris, it just crossed my mind the other day for some reason. I"m glad you'll get it. I think it's crazy though that it's not free for everyone over 65, not just those who are exactly 65. Pretty dumb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:33 PM

      Hi I think it's so women don't procrastinate. It's so important but could be at a younger age too. I know a few people including my mum who got it younger than 65. It's so nasty!

      Delete
  7. Anonymous11:31 PM

    Love the photos of you and Lily. Scummy having hugs with babies. I'm not gonna get on da band wagon too Chris. You'll get it! Love the funky birds. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.