Tuesday, February 13, 2024

A NEW RUN OF BRAID RUNNERS

 


Well it's back to 'normal'... today I will be sewing runners all day. 

Well, except for a break midday for a swim and a relax.

ABOVE: This is the Braid Runner I got finished last night.

I'm going to make 2-3 more in this colourway this week.

Then if I have time before Saturday's market, I will make a Kiwiana Braid Runner as well.

So, I'm gunna be busy.

Stew is still feeling Ikkk, so he will be parked in front of the telly again no doubt.  

ABOVE: Last night's sunset.  It was better in person, obviously.  Crescent moon top right.  It was so pretty.

And that's all I have for now...

CATCH YA LATER...

11.10 am:  I went to Spotlight to get more batting... and after an extensive search by me and two of the staff, we couldn't find any!

According to their inventory on the computer, they had 25 meters.  NOPE.

So I got on to their 0800 number, and the lady there searched online to see who had some.

I was perfectly happy to travel to either Auckland or Rotorua for some, as I am nearly out of it.

In all the stores in Auckland, the most anyone had was Henderson, who had 10 meters.  Everywhere else only had between 3 and 10 meters.

Rotorua had 20 meters, and I was about to drive there for it.

WHEN... we had another last minute search on the racks.  AND bloody hell!

We found the missing 25 meters buried under all the other batting/wadding... pushed to the back and covered up!

ABOVE: So, because it was obviously in sort supply right now, I bought the lot. THAT was bloody expensive, even with 30% off.

But, two good markets will cover the cost, and it should keep me going for a few months.

After Spotlight, I went to the supermarket, and for probably the first time in my life, I only bought the 4 things on my shopping list!  Miracles do happen.

I'm home now, and about to make my lunch.  Today I am having Shrimp, Onion and Egg salad, with fresh mint as a garnish.  Sounds yum eh?

Stew is still very 'heady', headache, snotty, slight sore throat.  He's binging on horrible movies, all shoot 'em up bang, bang types.  I loathe that sort of movie.

Each to their own of course.

5.20 pm: And I'm finally done for the day.  8.5 hours of sewing today, and I got two Black/White and Blue Braid Runners done.

So I'm happy with my day.

Stew had done the same as yesterday, watching the telly and napping.  He still feels like shit.

I'm hoping he is on the improve tomorrow.  

And now, I'm putting my feet up cos my ankles are swollen from me sitting all day.  Not pretty.

knackered this evening, trying to stay awake and it's only 8.35 pm.  Might call it a day.

CATCH YA TOMORROW.



7 comments:

  1. Pretty! I'm about tired of making rag quilts so might do something else soon lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my favorite runner so far. Well, who knows. But I really do love the colors on this one. Very Striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:38 PM

    Does Spotlight have not have small rolls of batting. In Australia we can get Legacy batting 228cm x 8.2 for about $80
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Stew. Hate being sick in this weather too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:08 PM

    Hi maybe Stew should get the antivirals ?....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:42 AM

    I was at spotlight christchurch today...they had so much batting....in 3 different locations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Stew starts feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.