Saturday, February 17, 2024

TAMAHERE MARKET


*sigh*  *yawn*... up bright and early today for market.
Last month the Tamahere market was DEAD... so let's hope today it isn't.

Kids are back at school, most people are back at work, so life is back to normal.  No reason not to wander around our lovely market.

Yesterday afternoon I simply could not resist making a runner with that new fabric I bought HEAPS of.  I knew exactly what I wanted it for.


ABOVE:     THIS!
I plan on using it for Braid Runners as well.... but really, it suits this style so well.  Simple, clean, uncomplicated.  Another new one for the market.

And now, I've gotta go. 
 
CATCH YA LATER...
ABOVE: 7.30 am. All set up. The sun has risen. The weather is looking glorious. I've already spent money! Our next 'door' neighbour sells plants and I saw two beautiful flowering bulbs and got them.

Here's to a fab day.

So 'M', a fellow stall holder walked in to have a quick chat. We were saying how hard it is to remember people's names. And he is like me, hopeless at remembering a name, but we  never forget a face. Then he paid me a real compliment... he said I was UN-IGNORABLE! 
What an excellent word. 
I'm UN-IGNORABLE. Stew totally agreed with him. 🤣😅😊


ABOVE: The kids came to visit... and left Lily with us for a moment. Massive cluck session going on here.

ABOVE: Lots of people out and about today. Sales are a bit slow... but thats ok. We are enjoying the atmosphere. 

3.45 pm:  Been home for a while now.
Market was great, not huge sales, but OK.
Love being there, chatting to people all day long.
On our way home we stopped at Subway for a very late lunch.
Then once home we unloaded these:

ABOVE: An entire tray on inpatients.  A fellow stall holder was giving them away at the end of the market, and gave them to us.
So this evening Stew will be planting them under our maple tree.

Steve, Bex and kids called in for a couple of hours, and we had a swim, which was wonderful.  Just what I felt like after a very hot day at market.

Now they have left, and Stew has gone to the supermarket, so it's the first time today I'm on me own.  After such a busy day, it feels weird.

Before it got dark, Stew and I did some work on the yard.  I did lots of watering, filling the pool etc.  Stew planted those inpatients, and pulled out an old lilac that had gone all woody.

So nice being out there at dusk.
Now, we are just watching the telly till bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.





10 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:21 AM

    Good luck today!!! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best for today's market. Great to hear the weather is on your side 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:38 AM

    Such great photos!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. UNIGNORABLE
    😂😂😂
    Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new runner. Nice to have Miss Lily visiting with you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new runner. Hope the market was super busy. My goodness that Miss Lily has such beautiful skin. Beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Glad the market is busy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck today love that you are unignorable and enjoying your day. Lily looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lily looks so peaceful and beautiful
    How is Lacy today? Hope she is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:45 PM

    Gardening in evening is best for gardener and plants. Gonna be a hot day here tomorrow so might be a good day to wash my outside windows. It's a month till moving but can't leave everything til last minute. See if posting anonymous doesn't go to spam binn felicity

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.