Friday, February 23, 2024

FINISH AND A START

 


Ya it's Friday.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, when Stew and I can just relax and do bugger all.

Today I am going to finish the last three of the 8 runners I had 'on the go'.

Then I want to make a Funky Bird Runner.

Bex gave me a bunch of fabrics she had stored in her house for ages.  A lot of it I'd given her over the years.

She isn't going to be using it, so it came back to me.  I will have to sort through it all and put it away in the sewing room.  LATER.

Right now I just want to get these three runners bound and finished.

And that is all I have for now... boring eh? 😂😊

BACK LATER...

1 pm.



ABOVE: The last three (from this run) are done.

I went to the supermarket for a few supplies.

Got out a leg of lamb for tonight's dinner.

We have family coming to dinner again.

I've just had some lunch, shrimp salad.  Very nice it was too.

Now?  I'm taking a break.  It's  a nice cool day, lots and lots of cloud.


ABOVE: Late this afternoon one of my neighbours stopped in to chat. She ended up having to nip home so she left her Shih Tzu here with me.  My girls were not impressed.  And little Zoe was not happy either, she shook and shivered the entire time her owner was away.

After I finished my lunch, yakking with me neighbour etc, I started work on my next runners.

I've got two on the go, both have the same background, but different birds.


ABOVE:  This one is ready for the applique' stitching, which I'll do tomorrow.

The second one I'm still working on... wings, legs, boots etc still need to be added.  It takes way more time than it should to choose what freaking fabrics to use!  But I'm fussy I suppose.

Dinner was AMAZING! Roast leg of lamb is my new favourite meal.  With Salad.  So damn yum.

Oh and Brown Onion gravy, with chunks of red onion in it. I have some of that left over.  I'm gunna have it tomorrow with left overs.

Visitors will be leaving soon, so once they go I will get back in the sewing room and get that 2nd runner's layout done.  Then I can just stitch them both tomorrow.

And that is me for the day... it's been a lovely, productive day.

Catch ya tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Good Morning. We have Pickleball on the agenda for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwionholidays1:40 PM

    There’s nothing boring about your runners at all , each one I see it’s like WOW that’s my favourite then you make a different one 🥝
    Enjoy tonight with families and start of games tonight so that’ll give us here some R&R 🏉
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodmorning Chris. Lovely day here in Greece. Your runners are simply beautiful. Enjoy your leg of lamb and family visit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny8:59 PM

    I love the bird ones! Awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:36 AM

    Do you have a place where I can send you a couple pictures of a runner I bought at a charity in Hillsboro, Wisconsin? It has a couple variations of the ones you make and is reversible, which I. Tink is neat and you could ask more $ for- two for one! I'm not computer savvy so I don't know quite how to do this. I have followed you for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could send it to my email ; stewandchris@hotmail.com

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.