Friday, February 16, 2024

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOYCE

 


ABOVE:  Today Joyce hits the big 30!  WOW, the last 15 years have gone fast.  Hard to believe she's been with Mike that long.  
Sadly we can't go down and help celebrate her birthday, as we have a full weekend ahead of us.
But I'm sure she will have a lovely time with her friends and family, and Mike of course.

Today I am hoping to make a final runner before tomorrow's market.  Then I will get everything ready for market.  Most of it is in the van already, but we need to organise food, drink, float etc.
We have it down pat now of course, but I like to go through my check list anyway.  😊

Stew is heading back to work today, he was told by the Health Department he could (in case you are concerned for his co-workers health).
He will probably find it a bit hard using his brain all day!  lol

As for me, I am off to start my day.

OH... I laid out my next Braid Runner at 11 pm last night... cos I got an idea in me head and had to go with it.
This next one is DIFFERENT from any of the previous SEVENTY FIVE I've made!  I'm a bit excited to see how it comes out. 😂😅😉

CATCH YA LATER...


Yes, I'm already half way through the next runner, and it's not even midday.
It's another stinking hot day, here's hoping it's like this tomorrow.

I've got a sick Lacy here right now... so I better go and check on her.

ABOVE:  Marley keeping Lacy company.  As least for a few minutes anyway!  She's now come back to the sewing room.

ABOVE:  My Covid NEGATIVE test from today, and Stew took a test this morning and he was NEGATIVE as well.
So this latest blight has passed.

ABOVE:  And here is #76.  Still a Braid Runner, but FUN!  I used some really cute Kiwiana fabrics that I'd forgotten about!



ABOVE:  So cute!   I hope you like my runner?  I sure do.

I ordered three pieces of fabric from a shop in Katikati yesterday morning.  It arrived today.   One of the fabrics I just FELL in love with instantly.
So I tried to order some more from the same place, but sadly they didn't have much left.  BUT, they told me where I could get more from, here in Hamilton.

So kind of them don't ya think?
Anyway, I rang the place and they had enough, so I went there just now (1.30 pm) and got HEAPS.

HEAPS, because it is a discontinued line, and cannot be bought again.  

BACKSTREET BARGAINS, TE RAPA.  I know I've been there ONCE before, but I really must have had me eyes closed!  It's amazing.

ABOVE: That is all of their Kiwiana fabrics.  And their prices?  Lowest I've seen anywhere.
I will most certainly be going there from now on for my Kiwiana fabrics.

ABOVE:  Oh yeah, that is the fabric I fell in love with!
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

3.30 pm:  And I'm done for the day.  It's been a busy day (so far), and I just want to relax now.  Tomorrow will be busy (hopefully) so best to just take a chill pill now.

I did do another runner this afternoon, using that new fabric.  I'll show it to you tomorrow.
It has worked out exactly how I envisioned it.

8.43 pm:  Stew got home from work and seemed just fine.  Not exhausted like I expected him to be.  So he's back normal.  Just as well cos we have a market tomorrow and I need him to help me!  
I'm off to be in the next hour or so, I'm bloody tired.  Sewing may sound easy, sitting on ya butt most of the time, but in reality it's not relaxing.  I get up and down constantly, ironing, cutting, pinning and so on.  Luckily I love it eh?

Right.  I'm off.  Catch ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Joyce Ohlson7:10 AM

    Thanks for the happy birthday mum x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Joyce, from a random stranger. Hope you have an excellent weekend celebrating.

    Can't wait to see the new runner, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce Ohlson12:16 PM

      Thank you Penny and Jen x.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to Joyce.
    Ohhh I am excited to see this new runner…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know you & Stew are Covid free. I cannot wait to see the new runner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to such a gorgeous lady. How lovely that they have been together for such a long time. Childhood sweethearts indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiwionholidays3:11 PM

    Quick catch up
    Loving the new runners and awesome you found that place recommended from the Katikati one 🥝👍
    Just wanna say,,, no place like home Lacy when youre feeling not so well 💐❤️
    and the wee companion there look after you as well

    That last lot of Kiwiana Chris I can see why you love it so much
    Take care all of you

    Lovely to share your day
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:37 PM

    Happy birthday to Joyce. Glad Stew is better. Get well quickly wishes to Lacy. Love the fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:18 PM

    That fabric is nice! It screams New Zealand, even got sheep on it 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have another market tomorrow? You really are busy. I suppose it shall be a while before you and Lacy can resume walks. sickness, markets, and weather, are conspiring against you. Happy that you found a good fabric store... and that you are not pregnant! haha. Goodnight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad Stew is feeling better love the fabrics and the new runners very eye catching.

    Happy birthday Joyce 30yrs old wow I didn’t know they’d been together 15 years.

    Lily is gorgeous gorgeous hope Steve bex and boys are well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:19 AM

    First, happy belated birthday wishes to Joyce! Second - sorry Lacy wasn't feeling well; hope it didn't last long and isn't covid too. Third - I really like the bedding colors where Lacy crashing for sleep!! And didn't realize Joyce and Mike have been a couple for 15 years - wow. That's great. Anyways, glad you and Stew covid negative again. Dawn P. Albany, GA USA

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.