Wednesday, February 28, 2024

ROAD TRIP!

 


Well as you all know, I'm heading off to Palmerston North today.  This time, I'm not leaving before the birds wake up.

I can take all day to get there, and I might do that.

I know I want to stop in Taupo and check out a shop there, it's very much like Spotlight.  Called Lincraft.  I might find some interesting (?) fabric there, who knows.

With any luck the weather will be nice and I'll get to see the mountain tops.  

ABOVE: Lily is at the age where she changes BY. THE. DAY.   I hope I don't miss too much being away.  😓😒

I'm probably going to leave around 7.30 - 8 am.  So, catch ya on the road.

...

I left home at around 7.15 am.

Truly shocked at the amount of roadworks between Hamilton and Taupo!

Got here, then off for a walk. While the sun is out... there was a nice breeze, so I didn't feel too hot until about the last 500 meters.

Now I'm about to head off to Lincraft.  










ABOVE: Of course those photos loaded in reverse order! 🤣😅🤣

3 pm and I'm finally here. My arse is KILLING ME!  THAT CARS SEAT IS NOT COMFORTABLE for that length of time I tell ya.
So many roadworks..

ABOVE: between Taupo and Turangi... I had to sit and wait 17 minutes for the "GO"! Some of the truckies actually got out of their trucks to stretch their legs and have a walk around.

ABOVE: So here I am, getting licked to death by Dee Dee, Sandra's wee dog. I'm all sweaty...  she likes me saltiness 🤣😅🤣.

So now I'm just gunna relax till I meet up with Mike and Joyce for dinner.

Before I  forget... Lincraft had very little patchwork fabric. That surprised me. They did have HEAPS  of other craft type things though. I bought more basic black fabric as it was heavily reduced in price, a couple of bucks cheaper than Spotlights 'sales' price.

NO, I didn't see the mountain tops because it was raining all through the desert road.  But not cold at all.

Well dinner with the kids was really good. We went to the same Indian place we visited last time I was down here. 
I'm back at Sandra's now and won't be up late. Its been a long day. 
CATCH YA TOMORROW. 

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:16 AM

    Have a good trip. We're getting a lincraft opening up in hamilton in March. On Bryce St somewere.
    Bex 💚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels Chris. I hope you have a lovely day working your way down to Palmerston North 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drive safely 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:24 AM

    Have a safe and fun trip! And thanks for the gorgeous pic of Lily, she is growing in leaps and bounds! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:06 PM

    Glad to C U arrived safely Chris enjoy your catch up. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that road….. if you think about it on the way home you could turn off and go around the western lake way - you can get all the way to tokoroa that way and the road is good. We travel that way often to avoid the roadworks at present. Oh and iron man is on at taupo this weekend too - so maybe another reason to bypass…. Have a wonderful visit with your friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.