Sunday, December 31, 2023

NEW FABRICS

 Yesterday I bought more fabrics for my Braid Runner series.

It was so much fun, seeing so many new fabrics at Ribbon Rose, ones that I had not seen anywhere else.


ABOVE:   I can't wait to start putting them together.

And I now have some, on the right, to make 'Bee Braid Runners' with as well. 

I will probably spend a few days just cutting out strips, in readiness for sewing runners in a week or so, once we are home from our little trip away.   IF WE GET TO GO.  It's still up in the air.


Last day of 2023.   It's  been a good year on the whole.  A few bumps along the way, but that is life eh?




ABOVE:  The Braid Runner corner.  Loving how organised and tidy it looks.  Hopefully it stays that way.
I'm not starting anything new right now, I have four runners on the go, and I really need to get them finished.
So, working on them today.
Cutting into the new fabric will have to wait.  πŸ˜’πŸ˜£


I had a thought overnight, one I remembered when I woke up.  CLAMPS.
For holding work down while I pin it up, ready for quilting.
I only 'need' them for bigger runners, quilts and so on.
Stew said he had a couple ... so off he went to get them.

ABOVE:  Him giving me a demo on how to use them. 
Looks easy enough.
Once they were cleaned, (think rusty)... and while I like rusty bits, NOT on me fabric, thank you very much.  lol  I used them on this bigger runner:

ABOVE: That worked damn fine.  BOOM!  Sorted, and it didn't cost me a cent.  Even better

6.06 pm.
I've been working all afternoon... and got these finished:




ABOVE: Four more Braid Runners done.  The last two are already sold.

NEWS:  We are not going away tomorrow after all.
As we were half expecting, circumstances have changed and we can't go now.
Several reasons really.  Work.  Grandbaby due soon.  And another one, Brylee is moving on Tuesday and needs our help.

So... a 'staycation' for us.

Not that we mind too much, we really are home bodies at the end of the day.

We love our home.  We love our pool.  We love being around our family and dogs.  
Just enough reasons to stay put.  For now.

I expect we will get away in another month or two, just for the hell of it.

So, no mad packing going on here ... and what I have already packed will have to be put away again.

Where ever you are celebrating New Years Eve, have fun!  Be safe.  Look out for others.  Be kind.
Catch ya tomorrow, in 2024.


P.S.  Is anyone having trouble leaving a comment?  I've had someone say they couldn't.
Might just be a temporary glitch.
Or no one wants to say hi!

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's tomorrow, it's New Years Eve today x
      #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

      Delete
  2. Hello......
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh DCR only likes Me and #Jeanie today lol πŸ˜†
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can’t leave a comment

      Delete
    2. Well I can now 🀷‍♀️

      Delete
    3. Anonymous4:22 AM

      I haven't been able to leave a comment for about a week now. Hopefully the issue has been fixed? Ky Girl

      Delete
    4. Anonymous4:23 AM

      Ok - I clicked on Reply under Dee's name ad it works....but my comments Fail to post if I use the Add Comment area below... Ky Girl

      Delete
  4. Roads r mental staying home is much safer option. Sitting at mum enjoying some of her fairy lights I put up yesterday for her...to tired to wait for solar ones to come on. This old girl be tucked up under duvet long before the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:24 PM

    Happy new years family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went to the next town over for a Bunnings shop, just catching up

    ReplyDelete
  7. An hour till 2024 in NZ!! Happy 2024 Chris and Stew and all of the family you love and love you.
    All the very best for a peaceful and productive New Year. Lots of love from Greece.
    Can't for the new arrival πŸ˜„

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:20 AM

    Happy new year Chris and family from Lucy in UK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you all ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Chris and family, wishing you a year of health and happiness from Canada, where it is still the "Eve". Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year to you all! I think all your followers are on baby watch!! It's only 9:30a.m. on New Years Eve here. Isn't that weird. Even though we have snow, so far, we have had a very mild fall/winter here in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, and we are very happy about that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year to you and your family and all of your comment readers! Love #55! They are are lovely! Bex - might you be having a New Years Baby!? That could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:48 PM

    Wow I love the first runner! Colours amazing. Enjoy your week home with Stew. You guys rock together! Kj

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous7:48 PM

    Wow I love the first runner! Colours amazing. Enjoy your week home with Stew. You guys rock together! Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.