Saturday, December 30, 2023

JIGSAW PROGRESS

 I'm quite enjoying doing this jigsaw, something different for me to do.

ABOVE:  I've been using these lids that came with the plastic baskets I use in the pantry.  They are so handy!


ABOVE:  The progress made yesterday.

I won't be working on it much today, if at all.

We have decided to take a day trip to Ribbon Rose in Auckland.  I'm going to have a little splurge on fabrics.

My favourite thing to do!  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

We shall be going up to Auckland again on Monday for the week, as long as things stay stable here.

Bex is only a few weeks off having #3 baby, and her midwife has told her baby could come any time now.  Also, Stew may have to be 'on call' again next week, so going away for 4-5 days might not happen.

So... I'm taking the chance to go shopping today, just in case we don't get to go up on Monday.

I'm looking forward to having a really good fossick at Ribbon Rose!  I'm after black and white fabrics for Braid Runners, and not sure what else.  But I'm gunna have a really good look around.

The last time we were up there, I made a bee line for Kaffe Fassett florals, and didn't really have a good look around.



ABOVE: We are on the road bright and early ... we woke before 6 as per usual and decided to have breakfast at Sylvia Park in Auckland.  No point twiddling our thumbs at home 😊.
Its very overcast,  but not cold at all.
I tended the pool before we left, so it's all good for swimming when we get home.

ABOVE: Sylvia Park. The quandary is... WHERE to sit!!! There's 3 other people here.
I've never seen it so EMPTY. πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£

Bex was talking about her McDonald's breakfast yesterday. So we had a big breakfast burger this morning.  I love their hash browns, so got one.
I asked Stew how much it cost, as I'd not a hash brown in YEARS. 
He said "$3.40" 
I nearly spat it out!!!!!     WHAT THE FUCK!??? 
$3.40 ??
The last time I bought a hash browns it was $1. 
HOW the hell do they justify such a HUGE increase in price?

I'm never getting another one, that's for sure.

Breakfast is done, time for a wander before  Ribbon Rose opens at 10.


ABOVE: OH MY GOD! Drooling.

ABOVE: Trying to get OUT of Auckland!
There was no traffic two hours ago. Now its gridlock on the southern motorway.

Well, we finally arrived home.  It didn't take long once the traffic eased up at the top of the Bombay hills.
We stopped in at Spotlight in Hamilton as well, so I could get a few more metres of fabric for braid runner borders.  Crazy not to when the fabrics are still 4o% off.

We had a SURPRISE when we arrived home.

Steve, Bex and the boys had left us a little something:

ABOVE:  Interesting.... so we started looking.
And some were fairly easy to find.
Others were VERY WELL HIDDEN.




ABOVE:  This one took a while to find... Stew spotted it as he was walking down the hallway.  Blu Tacked at the bottom of the flower!!!

ABOVE:  I looked at the ship's wheel, didn't see it.  Stew did. 
 
ABOVE: Some blended in so well it took several walk byes before we saw it.



ABOVE: That one!  Nearly impossible to see (it's under the V) .... but Stew spied it.

ABOVE:  Just a few more.

SO FAR WE HAVE FOUND 72.... edit:  now 76.  Those bloody shits!  Now 78.  And seems there's MORE.  
79... 81..

ABOVE:  When I asked Bex how many we were looking for, she said "more than 50, less than 100".
Far out!  Something tells me the boys had a lot of fun finding places to put them.

Now, I might just wait until tomorrow to show you the fabrics I bought in Auckland and here today.  Cos clearly there's enough photos on here today.  πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

8.24 pm:  We are tired.  Searching on and off for friggin little critters!  We ended up finding 81 today.
Might keep looking tomorrow, might not too. lol
Time to sign off for the day.  I'm done.

14 comments:

  1. I love Auckland at this time... everyone has left!! Its so quiet and the roads are clear. Shops aren't busy... ahhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. U might get out of town by midnight...hope all the idiot drivers have left before you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:41 PM

    Timmy and his friends look very fun.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhh I adore those little creatures... where are they from????? Christy in Syndey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids got them off Temu. Glow in the dark resin creatures.

      Delete
  5. We have similar fun with from Toy Story. Various people hide a few around the house at random times πŸ˜‚. Started with one of Samyson’s friends when she left for drama school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Might show up in night if they grow in dark. Little terrors, such fun. I've been out hanging some fairy lights outside my back and neck decided I'm done for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's too blinken kewl of S and B and the Boi's xx
    Glad you and Dad are home safely and have had a lovely day away 😊
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool.....what a fun thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun day! Fabric shopping AND a secret hide and seek activity when you got home! Very Clever. They hid them well. What on earth will you do to reciprocate!????

    ReplyDelete
  10. They must have had fun hiding them and admit it, it was fun for you to find them. You will have to do something to get them back. Look forward to seeing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! I should do that to my mom lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:42 PM

    Love it. The kids would have been laughing at the thought of you looking for them. Love that fabric. Is it glow in the dark might ring and order some. Happy New Year to you all. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.