Sunday, December 03, 2023

SUNDAY SLEEP IN

 

ABOVE:  His nibs ain't outta bed yet.  And I only just got up to do a post for the start of the day.

We have a few jobs to do today.  Nothing major.

I've already got the hose in the pool, topping it up.

Once Stew's up and att'em, we will head off to the Base for a few things. His prescription.  More bowls to sit in the bowl cosy's.  We need them to hold them down in the wind if nothing else.

I put rocks in some of them yesterday, and quite a few friggin twits thought you put the rocks in the microwave with the bowl cosy!  LIKE WTF?  Twits.

So yeah, gunna get more bowls.

ABOVE:  When we get home we are going to decorate the Christmas Tree.

Gosh it looks so small there!  But, I'm not tempted to get a bigger one.  Maybe I just need to put mine on a small coffee table to raise it up a bit?

The other thing on my agenda today is to finish the 'Boo Boo' Braid Runner.  It has already been sold and will be off to it's purchaser by Monday or Tuesday.  I'm so glad it wasn't wasted... it is still a lovely looking runner.  Thank YOU Leanne for buying it. 

Time to get a move on... I'm still in me nightie and am getting cold.  Need clothes on.

11.02 am and we have been out and about.

Bought some more bowls from Briscoes, $5 each so a bargain.  Did the other bits 'n' bobs we needed to, then came home.

To do the tree.

ABOVE: First time in living memory, Stew helped me with the tree!









AND.... we are ready for Christmas.

ABOVE:  Stew and I had savory scones for our lunch today.  (cheese, bacon, onion, mint and parsley)  With a little bowl of spaghetti.

Steve, Bex and the boys visited us over lunchtime as well... but were going home for their lunch.  Bex was wanting toasted sandwiches.  I put all the Christmas lights on for the boys.  


ABOVE:  Once the kids left I finished this runner for Leanne.  It looks lovely, as long as ya don't mind the wonkiness.  😂😉😊  
I realise most people wouldn't even notice it though.

Now... I might just go back into the family room and do NOTHING for a while.

5.57 pm:  Ha ha! I didn't do NOTHING, I went through all my Christmas stuff (presents) and I've realised I don't have many gaps left to fill at all.
Which is awesome.  

Stew and I are having fish 'n' chips for dinner.  I've totally blown my diet of late.  
I hope I can haul it back in soon.

Steve is trying a new diet, to try and help his medical condition.  It's JUST PROTEIN.  Nothing else.
I might give it a go too.

Fuck the 'balance' shit.  I'm getting desperate to find something that will work again.

9.40 pm, time to say end of day.  It's a bit early for me to head off to bed, but oh well... I'm tired.

19 comments:

  1. I am not doing christmas this year. A variety of reasons. But I am enjoying watching everyone get ready. Your tree and decorations are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks lovely and festive.
    Now... "His Nibs". I have only heard that term while playing cribbage. What exactly does it mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a person in authority
      his / her nibs, Informal: Often Facetious. a person in authority, especially one who is demanding and tyrannical: His nibs wants fresh strawberries in December. NOT THAT STEW IS DEMANDING OR TYRANNICAL! He's rather lovely really. It's just a saying here.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1:54 PM

    Easy to get fresh strawberries in December here not so easy in America, lol. So many of those sayings are derived from English (or British) sayings, unfortunately they are dying out. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at the picture of runner is the wonky side top right strips? If not I can’t pick it either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:15 PM

    You are making me hungry for scones. My favorite is cheddar cheese and green olives.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree and decorations look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:56 PM

    All the decorations look neat we need the scone recipe please 🙏 GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:10 PM

    The wonky runner - did you forget the black banding on the bottom left or was that unfinished? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... that is part of it's 'wonky-ness'!

      Delete
  9. Rhonda7:14 PM

    Cute little tree 🌲 less to pack up after Christmas ✅ Such a hard time of year to stay on track with eating, whatever you are trying to accomplish 🤷‍♀️ lose weight, maintain - its hard! But what I find harder is dealing with my head when I’ve worked so hard to lose weight and then let my guard down! What for? a few moments of bliss when over indulging in high calorie food. Nope 👎 not worth the self loathing, cranky pants person I become. You’ve come so far Chris, hope you are able to pull yourself up again before too much damage is done. Your whole outlook is different when you are in control 💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:32 PM

    What is the all,protein diet Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only eat protein... meat, eggs, cheese etc.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous2:54 AM

      Are you both working with a professional on this? Like a nutritionist? (I assume Steve is doing this thru his doctor).

      Bloodwork must be monitored, cholesterol will need to be checked. Protein diets must be done safely to protect kidneys.

      I am very much in favor of you/diabetics reducing their sugar intake. But if you are stripping it all out/going higher protein, it has to be done in a smart/monitored way.

      The protein (and dairy) needs to all be low fat and lots of green vegetables must be included.

      If it were anyone else, I would mention water intake. I know you will not, but does/will Steve?

      Vickie

      Delete
  11. Anonymous8:54 PM

    I love the runner and I'm sure my daughter will also
    Thank you.
    Loving all the Christmas decorations 🎄🎅🤶

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:25 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The protein diet is great. What I'm mostly eating, for 16 months now. Fills you up, lowers the blood sugars and drops weight. Good luck Stew

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Christmas decorations look really nice!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.