Wednesday, December 20, 2023

COUNT DOWN TO CHRISTMAS

 Five sleeps till Christmas.

And I for one am TOTALLY looking forward to it.

Not just for presents and family being here.

FOOD.  Lots of delicious food.

When you cut out certain food groups for any length of time, you start to crave them desperately.

I mentioned it yesterday, I am craving SUGAR.

Not so much carbs, which is weird because I am a total carb lover.

My weigh in last night was so good.  I got to my lowest weight in YEARS.  IN fact, it is lower than before we moved to Auckland way, way back in 2008!

If I lose another 4 kilos I will be TOTALLY HAPPY, and content even.

ABOVE:  Believe me, this is my HAPPY FACE!  lol

Today's plan.

1.  Walk at the Mall with Lacy.

2.  Start work on the ordered runners.

3.  Lunch.  Maybe a nana nap!

And that's me for now.


10.10 am: 
Lacy and I went walking in the mall really early this morning, just after they opened the doors in fact.
Walking the downstairs length was fine, but when we went upstairs?
FAR TOO HOT up there.   We did three lengths of upstairs before I started getting dizzy with the heat!
So next time we go, we are only going to walk downstairs, where it is considerably cooler.

ABOVE: We did not walk as many lengths today as I was feeling 'wobbly'.

After dropping Lacy back to her home, I went to the Base for some cellotape and what not.
I was going to buy Lacy some garden edging too, but after talking to Steve, I don't have to now.

He's got plenty of timber that can be used to edge a garden.  
Thanks Steve.  Lacy will really appreciate that.

Coming home and OMG, it is going to be a hot day.
Thankfully, it is fairly cool inside my house.  For now.

Its now 3pm. I've been sewing for the past two hours. Now taking a break at Lacy's.. watching her make a new garden.


ABOVE: Clearly... its hard work. πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜Š

MEANWHILE...

ABOVE: I'm in no hurry to go home and keep working on the runners.

ABOVE: Plants are in the ground. She's gunna be pulling grass out of there for quite a while! 

Today is Day 10 of 15, of my current Challenge.  I'm going to tweak it tomorrow.


Every time I stood up today, I got faint, lightheaded and dizzy.  Ears ringing.  Sound fading out.  Sweating.  Feel like throwing up.
Worst day in a very long time.

I really DO need to tweak my diet challenge!

16 comments:

  1. It's funny that they say you won't crave sugar/carbs if you stop eating them. I always still wanted them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the loss! When I went low carb I lost weight easily and kept it up for years but now I just can't face many of the foods that I should eat. I hardly eat red meat or eggs now so it's difficult to make better choices. You will enjoy Christmas day for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your walk. Congrats on the big loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:23 AM

    I have a suggestion to consider.

    When you get to your ideal weight, loose 2-3 additional kgs so you maintain just below your ideal weight.

    Otherwise it is common to never see your ideal weight on the scale again.

    We all fluctuate. Make your fluctuations just below the weight you prefer, not above.

    I think you are doing fabulous. It is very fun to read your daily doings. Even the most simple things are a lot of company for those of us who read you daily.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Medication, blood sugars, blood pressure maybe time for a check up again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, I'm pretty sure what the problem is. Fixing it asap.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous6:47 PM

    Congratulations well done chick πŸ‘ πŸ™Œ and nice one Lacy gardening can be hard work but you'll reap the rewards soon enough. Don't forget to only water the tomatoes from underneath not on the top GM πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so lovely to see Lacy so happy and content in her new home. You might even get her sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha omg #sparklingmerlot I kid you not...I was actually looking online like 3 days ago for a sewing machine lol for clothes alterations tho lol but sh*t that's funny 😁
      #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

      Delete
    2. I have a second, smaller machine you can use Lacy.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like low sugar to me. Question: What is the big round container?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to ask the same thing. Thinking some kind of water tank?

      Delete
    2. Water tank for storm water collection.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous3:49 AM

    Erin here … sounds like a lack of sodium. Easily fixed. No need to add carbs. Processed food has a ton of sodium thus when you cut back on that you reduce sodium intake. Hope you find what works!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.