Friday, December 15, 2023

CHEESES

 I mentioned the other day that Stew and I are really enjoying Haloumi Cheese right now.

It's just that little bit different.

We decided to 'rate' them as we ate them.

So far we have had two.

ABOVE:  We started off with this one... and we both gave it a 7/10.  Not having anything to compare it to, it's score might yet change.

ABOVE:  Our next one was Woolworths Brand.  It was much nicer than the White Stone one, so it got an 8/10.  Still being conservative with the ratings, till we have tasted a few more.  😊😋
I got three more brands from Woolworths yesterday to add to the haul!

Now, usually I would be off for a walk this morning, but I'm watching Dante and Archer for Bex, as the boys have finished school now.

TODAY is Bex's last day of work.  She's been counting down for a while now.  I am sure she will be incredibly relieved when she walks out the door for the last time.

Baby will be here before we know it!  Well, next year in January some time.  But seriously, it's not long now.    Her pregnancy seems to have flown by.

I'm going to take the boys to the mall this morning.  They can do some Christmas shopping with me.

ABOVE:  Our outdoor area is looking so lovely.  I'm really happy with it.

ABOVE: Hair removal cream last night.  I'm sure I lost half a kilo.  😂😅😂  And YES, I do have some hair on me toes!!!


DAY 5 OF 15
Another day down, doing good!  Today's main meal is going to be Chicken/Onion/Tomato, with a lettuce salad on the side.


ABOVE:  Bex dropping the boys off... then off she went to work.  I'm sure she will be counting down the hours now.  *smiles*

ABOVE:  how cute are these rodents?  The boys again had a lovely time chasing them around Lacy's living room.

After visiting at Lacy's, the boys and I went to Chartwell Square.  Where it was BUSY for a change.  
I am wondering now if those two boys have any of my DNA in them!
They don't really like shopping!
HOW COULD THEY NOT LIKE SHOPPING???

It is one of my favourite pastimes ever.  Of course.

It's now 11.35 am, and Bex should be here in the next hour or so.  Then I can go back into my sewing room and get on with the Funky Bird Runner....which is a bit different to the Red one I made last week.
Just a bit.  

ABOVE:  And there it is!   I didn't expect to finish it today, but well... I did.  I think it's very cute, so do Lacy and Bex.
That might be my last runner for the year.
It will depend on how much I sell tomorrow.

It's now 1.32 pm, Bex has been and picked up the boys.  Now she can truly relax and just look forward to having the newest little Harvey Baby.

And I'm having my lunch.  Then ?  

I just had some of the Talbot Forest Halloumi cheese.  It's getting a 4/10.  Dry and flavourless.

I've spent most of the afternoon sorting out Christmas presents.  Some ended up needing to be wrapped in paper instead of fabric.  Cos, I want to keep me fabric!

Stew just got home.  He's hanging out for a drink, and to put his feet up.  

8.36 pm:  Time to sign off for the day.  We've just spent the evening getting our day bags, food and clothes ready for tomorrow morning.
We will be having an earlier bedtime tonight.
Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:41 PM

    Love the new runner!! And good luck to Bex, may she have a nice relaxing holiday. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:01 PM

    Love the colours in that runner! We love woolies chilli haloumi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bex looks great. She is due in a few weeks right? She doesnt look like she has gained much weight at all. I know she will be glad to be getting ready for the new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:52 PM

    Sounds like you had a nice time with the boys...Bex looks great, I wonder if the lovely pink top Bex has on is a giveaway to having a girl!...lol. Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:03 PM

      Haha that would be a no that's a work top. Sorry Peta 🤣🤣 bex 💚

      Delete
  5. Have a great show.... The baby anticipation is building!
    These bird runners are soooo dang fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you eat the haloumi? We only eat it fried here. The best is straight from Cyprus lol Interesting reading your reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We fry it with a little olive oil.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.