Thursday, December 07, 2023

SO PRETTY

 I put off getting Christmas Decorations and the tree out until December, cos I find it all a pain in the butt.

But OMG, once it's out, I go nuts.

Yesterday I untangled four strands of Christmas Lights... something I usually leave for Stew to do.

But, I'm proud of myself for doing it.

ABOVE:  Don't they look lovely up there?  I've got another strand in the front window, also blue.

I've now got all our decorations up, and feel ready for Christmas.

Today I am going to 'wrap' all the family parcels up... in Christmas fabric.  

That way, I don't waste money on copious amounts of wrapping paper, which IS NOT CHEAP any more!  Even at The Warehouse it's $7 a roll, and there is fuck all on the roll I might add.

Daylight robbery is what it's called.

So, I'm using fabric that I already had, and it can be used for runners etc later on.

No piles of wrapping paper going in the bin in this house ever again.

I'm heading into town again today.  I missed stopping in at the Christmas Heirloom Shop yesterday, as I was running out of time on the parking meter.

So... I'll go in and see if there is anything I REALLY REALLY LOVE AND WANT!  I know I don't need anything else, but oh well.

It's SHOPPING.. AND I'm in the mood.

I'm sure there's plenty to do around here... like cleaning the windows... or gardening.

God I wish I enjoyed gardening, weeding etc... cos there's plenty of that to be done.  But NAH.  I hate it.  I admire anyone who loves getting their hands dirty!

Stew hates it too sadly... but our wedding vows were such that he got that job!  😂😉

Our vows went something like this :  You will do this, this and that, and I won't!  😏😅

I'm a bit lucky he loves me eh?  💙

It goes both ways, we are a solid team.  And our love has only grown over the years.  38 years so far.  

ABOVE:  I saw this on a friend's Facebook page yesterday.  It made me smile. 👍

I'm so looking forward to Christmas Day 🎄, having a lovely lunch and just being with our family.  🎅


It's nearly midday.  I've been out to the shops.
Bought a book to read over the holidays.
Found some little decorations for my dining table centrepiece.  But nothing else.
I did see an amazing flocked Christmas Tree that I would  have loved to buy... but it was goddam too expensive!  
Maybe one day I will get it... but not this season.

I'm now going into the sewing room to do some work on those two tree runners.

I hope everyone else is enjoying the Christmas shopping madness?  It is kinda fun to feel in the mood finally I must say.

3 pm.
I'm standing outside, hose in hand, watering the potted plants.
And it rains.  WTF.

Pool pump is on, chlorine in, Ph up in.... perfect levels attained.

Done some sewing.  Ain't finished anything.

Looking at me toe nails.  Might trim them before I have claws.

Need to give away all the excess boxes of chocolates to me neighbours.  I had chocolates for lunch.  LUNCH!!!  WTF.

Tipped my coke bottle over for the THIRD TIME in a week... all over the carpet.  AGAIN.   WTF.

I need an attitude adjustment, I'm crabby.

So, Stew got home and then left again for his regular Thursday night at the pub.   He only goes for a couple of hours, so should be home soon.

I'm going to do nothing else now... so catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:27 AM

    There was conversation a while back on strengthening quads and glutes.

    I was in to see my main doctor a couple weeks ago. We were talking about the importance of strong quads/glutes as we age (I am 62).

    Four times a week, I now stop by a specific building near me to use their stairs and elevator.

    I climb up four flights of stairs. I ride down on the elevator. I do this three times each visit.

    So that is 12 flights per visit, 48 flights per week.

    Strength building is on the way up.
    He said knee injury risk is on the way down the stairs, hence the elevator.

    It is a convenient building, with a good bathroom (I go before I start).

    This does not take very long and is very effective.

    I can add more reps, or move to the taller building next to it with more flights, as this becomes easier.

    Right now, it is not easy.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a great idea! Strength conditioning and aerobic at the same time.

      Delete
  2. The Christmas Heirloom so lucky....its on the when I win lotto list, last night ticket with only one number isnt getting me any closer...I'd also love to go overseas to see there Christmas displays WOW.!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:25 PM

    What if you made Santa sacks for the family parcel presents? Then they could give them back to you after Christmas so you can refill them next year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done that in the past. Sometimes I didn't get the sack back, so canned that idea. Plus, some years the sacks would need to be really BIG, or small, depending on what is given. I can't be arsed to be honest. Just wrapping fabric around things and that will do.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous5:27 PM

    I’ve been attempting Christmas shopping for a 16, 17 and 20 year old…..omg 🥹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At that age MONEY is the best idea!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous6:34 PM

    Ha ha , I had chocolates for lunch too, ones that I have bought for the family and neighbours !!! lol. Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a last minute person when it comes to Christmas. It always sneaks up on me. Hope life get less stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blue lights. I have never come across any.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:17 PM

    I can't find the new decorations I bought last year. Have looked everywhere so decided no tree this year. Just put some on the dresser. Only me so I don't mind. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.