Friday, December 22, 2023

OFF A WALKING I GO

 I'm off for a walk in the mall with Lacy first thing this morning.

Aiming for a solid 40 - 50 minutes.  I'm hoping it's not too hot downstairs, though today I am taking my spray bottle full of icy cold water.

After our walk I've got a few things to get while I'm out.  A new Swimming mask and snorkel for sure.  I need them to do my static swimming in the pool.  It's such a good exercise to add into my day over summer. 

Like millions of people all over the world, it is Stew's last day at work for the Christmas Holidays.  He has THREE ENTIRE WEEKS off.  Even though he's 'on call' next week... it is still going to be wonderful having him home.

I HOPE.

Cos while I love him more than anything, he can be annoying sometimes.  

I'm still looking for that knife with a teeny, tiny blade....  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‡

JUST.  JOKING.  DARLING.

ABOVE:  Archer and Marley yesterday.  Just the cutest photo ever.


10.20 am:  hot is the only way to describe this morning's walk.  Even in the mall, it was sticky.
But we still did a good walk:

ABOVE:  Mission accomplished.   Lacy reckons today was our last walk till the New Year.  I think not.  I'll probably be walking on Sunday Morning.

We have been very remiss in not taking photos in the mall... so today we decided to take some.
I had a brilliant idea to sit on Santa's chair.


ABOVE:  There was this HUGE Teddy Bear that I wanted to sit on my lap for a photo, but he was tied down.  Pfffft.  So I grabbed the little rocking horse instead.

And on we went with our walk.  Next thing we know, in a couple of MINUTES, security is in the Santa's area, checking everything was still 'secure'!   

WHOOPS, looks like we were seen on their security cameras, and they were concerned we'd maybe taken something?  lol

Sniggered as we walked by, said 'HI'... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜…

ABOVE:  Lacy playing with the Chess pieces.  She moved a piece every time we walked past.

And that's it for walk photos.   Gosh I miss my lake.  And the birds/babies/people we would see all the time.  I will really appreciate it once we can go back when it's cooler again.

I went to Rebel Sports after dropping Lacy home and bought myself a new snorkel and mask.  Far too many to choose from, so I ended up just grabbing a nice colour.  BLUE OF COURSE.

Then last minute food items from the supermarket, while it wasn't too busy.  And home.

I shall now do some sewing for a little while, before stopping for me lunch.

😒I got some news today that had me instantly crying. HAPPY TEARS.  More on that at a later date.  I have to wait for it to arrive in the post.

I'm not a fan of beef.  Steak.  Roast.  Etc.  I can handle mince, cos you usually camouflage it with herbs and onions/tomatoes etc.
But today I decided to try a T-Bone Steak, cos Steve told me it was a really good meat choice.

ABOVE:  I cooked that bugger for 6 minutes each side in a little bit of butter.
And OH MY GOD... it was so good!  I'm converted.
Maybe not to steaks, cos yeah nah.  But a good T-Bone?  MINE.

I couldn't eat it all, so there's some left over for Stew tonight.

I have been sewing all afternoon, and have just stopped for the day.  It's now 4.45 pm.  And stinking hot.  Muggy.  Humid as f*#k.

And.... it's time to say nite nite.
I'm bloody tired.
Catch ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy your walk. You are really sticking with it and it's paying off !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:09 AM

    You'd think they'd turn the air con on earlier in summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:37 PM

    Stew is going to need to wear his armour - so he doesn't get STABBED 16 TIMES IN THE CHEST right?? Hahaha! xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg that T-Bone Steak looks bloody amazing πŸ’―✌️
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good steak = but rarely make them. Not sure why! I will have to get a couple soon. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have learnt the hard way that we tend to overcook protein. You will get to love steak.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:14 PM

    Kiwionholidays

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:17 PM

    Oops my message got lost
    a quick hi love the photos esp the wee
    guy and the wee dog
    Fabulous loyalty those two have
    Have a fab weekend with the families and hope you get to use the pool
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:27 AM

    Oh no, not 6 min. Each side. That will ruin a perfectly good steak, yes a t bone is a steak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am aware it is actually a steak... I googled how to cook it, and advice was 6 minutes per side. It was PERFECT.

      Delete
  10. Beef is a lot in how it is cooked. LMAO on the Santa pics!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.