Wednesday, December 13, 2023

A GOOD ONE

 

ABOVE:  This covers a lot of bases.

I love it.  Particularly #3.  Though I doubt anyone in my family would dream of commenting on my weight, except in a positive way.

I feel terrible actually.  I gave poor Lacy a hard time about her tummy the other day.  SORRY LACY.   You look lovely and HEALTHY, and that is all that matters to Dad and I.


                           DAY 3 OF 15

I'm still finding this 'new' eating regime difficult.  It is now obvious I relied on carbs to avoid feeling hungry.  Fingers crossed I can continue to do this, because I think it will work.


ABOVE:  Yesterday was Dante and Archer's last day of school for the year.  They seemed to enjoy throwing all their school work all over the floor.  I can only presume it all went in the bin.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

It's a walk day, so I think the girls are coming with me... to the lake as it's supposed to be cool.


Well, a walk was taken around the lake this morning.  It was cloudy, with a fierce wind blowing.   I thought it would be OK for walking.  Kinda wrong.
In some sections there was no wind, and the bloody sun came out, so I overheated.
I think the girls got worried for a little while... cos I had a little 'wobble'.
MEH... I was fine.
I tipped some of Lacy's water over my head and back, that helped.




ABOVE:  Walk photos and stats.

ABOVE:  These chairs are doing the rounds.  They were ours, then we gave a couple to Lacy, and now they are moving on to Amanda.
Lacy is now using 3 of our old wooden BBQ chairs that Steve and Bex had, but don't need.
It makes me laugh when I see so much of our old furniture etc at the kid's homes.
Recycling at it's finest.
Amanda still has a BBQ Table we gave her from 22+ years ago!

I just took a photo, then added it to some older ones.  It's an eye opener for me.  Shows me I'm doing OK.
I will post it tomorrow.  Cos you know, I need something for tomorrow eh?  πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰πŸ˜

I'm starting to cool down now, so time to change and go to the supermarket. I don't need much today, but certainly some staples.  Like meat, fish etc, for my predominantly protein diet.
Stew and I are LOVING Haloumi Cheese right now.  We bought some of every kind/brand the other day and are rating them.
So far we've tried two, with the second one a clear winner over the first one.

ABOVE:  OMG... crazy.  The supermarket carpark was FULL.  I had to go around and around for a while before I got a park.
It was crazy inside as well.  Like why?  I've no idea.
I ended up with a list of 5 things to buy.  Ha ha ha!
I spent almost $500.
Mostly meat and lollies for Christmas! 

Home now, all the groceries are away, and I don't even have the energy to make myself some lunch.

It's only 1.21 pm, so that can wait a while.
Might just sit here and chill out for a little while.

I have ZERO energy.

Little update on Lacy.  She has been to the Doctor and had it confirmed,  she does have an umbilical hernia.  It's a 'Double', meaning her protruding intestines don't not go back in.  They stay out.  This is not good.  
But I already knew this.

So, she has been immediately referred for surgery.

How long that takes, in this climate of 'huge waiting lists' is a concern.
People have died on wait lists in this bloody country.
At least her problem is not life threatening.  Unless it strangulates.
But let's not go there.
She will be fine.  She just has to wait.

I've had an incredibly lazy afternoon, cos well... I didn't feel like doing anything.  Hopefully this lack of energy wears off fast.

10.04 pm:  Another nice evening, just chillin' at home with Stew.  I'm now watching Coronation Street, before heading off to bed.
Catch ya tomorrow.

19 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:39 AM

    Hi if you get really hungry you could have an optifast shake/dessert. I like the desserts( they are the same as the shakes only thickened) and come in chocolate and lemon .they have 20 gms of protein and only 200 calories no sugar....a Dr recommended this to me...it did help to fill the gap and it has so much protein ...an egg has 6gms of protein ...the Michael Mosley book The fast 800 has lots of ideas as well....Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:36 PM

      I love those optifast puddings, they are delish!

      Delete
  2. lolololol great photos of the boys, hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. above from Christy, Sydney xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel bad Ma, I do have a bit of weight on but I'm happy with it, oh and 'Willfrod' is getting sorted πŸ˜…
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda2:34 PM

    OMG that is a lot of money on groceries. Have you tried any of the protein bars. There are lots on the market and could be an easy grab for when you’re busy. Make sure you keep well hydrated on your new plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did look at a couple of protein bars in the supermarket today, but they were quite high in carbs, so I left them there. I will look in other supermarkets tomorrow. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Haha I'll 'double that thanks' πŸ˜… I don't do things by halves 😁
    Go hard or go home 🏑 πŸ˜…
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ
    And p.s a big thank you to my Parnets for pointing it out xx I wouldn't of known otherwise xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. when Guy was 3 he had a hernia operation on one side, then again he had an umbilical hernia and the opted to do the other side "while they were there"..... relatively straight-forward thing, and very common. But still, nobody wants a surgery, Christy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully Lacy gets her surgery sooner rather than later. Just as well they played compare the bellies, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually noticed it had got worse when she got in the pool. She's had it for a few years, but it wasn't that noticeable. I thought it was just a 'funny' tummy button, but the other day I knew exactly what it was and told her to get to the Doctor asap.

      Delete
  9. I can remember my brother having an umbilical hernia when he was born and he had a 10/20c coin taped to his belly button. At 11 years of age I thought it was funny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:02 AM

    I think you are going to have to eat 3-4 well spaced small meals on your current challenge to feel good and have energy.

    I did not realize you were doing your walks on an empty stomach.

    If you do well with eggs, try eating two eggs in the morning. They are very digestible.

    I eat two eggs every day first thing. It is enough so I can take all my Morning meds and go to exercise. I have to eat something, but it can’t be much or I would be super nauseous at yoga or walking the stairs. For me, two eggs is the perfect thing.

    A small lean hamburger/half a regular lean burger might work too. Just the burger, no bun or cheese. But could put mustard/catsup on it.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:23 AM

      This, eating a small amount, regularly, may also help your severe headaches and sleep.
      Vickie

      Delete
  11. Anonymous3:01 AM

    Oh no, a double hernia!! I send good wishes that she is in surgery sooner than later and that she heals quickly. No lifting!! Good luck!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Price of groceries is horrendous as well here in Canada. Beef is unaffordable, every other meat has at least doubled if not more in price. Another practice is to change the packaging with a smaller amount and up the price, all the while making you think it is the same. Good luck to Lacy getting her hernia fixed asap. Keep cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lacy ... sending good thoughts that you get that surgery sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes πŸ™
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous2:59 PM

    Chris you do so much, you're allowed a lazy day. We're not machines! I hope Lacy gets her surgery soon and her little 'mole' moves out!.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.