Tuesday, December 26, 2023

BOXING DAY

 First thing this morning, Stew and I are walking to Chartwell Square. 

As long as it's not pouring with rain that is.

I want to pick up one item from Farmers.

We have decided to walk to A. Get some exercise and B. Avoid traffic and parking woes.

 edit:  We took the car, it is just too hot and humid to walk any distance!

It is bound to be hectic with Boxing Day sales.

I don't usually ever go to the shops on Boxing day, but I'm making an exception today.

When we get back home, I will be packing up all the Christmas decorations and trees.

It's done.  Time to get the house back to 'normal'.

Lacy gave me a gift yesterday that proved to be very popular with everyone.

ABOVE:  It's a sand 'picture'.  It's so much fun watching the sand flow, forming a new 'landscape' every time you flip it over.

It was on the go all day.  I really love it, thanks so much Lacy.

And.. my lounge smells amazing!

Steve and Bex gave me a gift basket full of bath bombs and bubble bath bombs.  I can't wait to use them once our bath arrives in February.

That's all I have for now... catch ya later.


Whoop whoop!  I just got 30 metres of fabric for 40% off.
Gotta love a good sale.
We are now at Chartwell Square,  where the bulk of the shops are not even open yet. So we are having a drink and sausage roll for our Boxing Day breakfast. Nice.

Farmers opened bang on 10 am, and we got in there, grabbed what I wanted and were out of there again in 5 minutes flat!
We ran into Lacy and Keera too, it was lovely to see them.

ABOVE:  Chartwell Square this morning.

Home now, and all the Christmas decorations and trees are away for another year.

My house is back to normal and I love it.
So much less CLUTTER.

We have no other plans for today, except doing bugger all!

ABOVE:  Our trusty watchdog.... keeping an eye out for visitors.  

4.23 pm:  Just been in the pool with everyone.  So nice, but murky water.  The guys are going to find new filter sand tomorrow, and replace our sand.  I'm also going to take in a sample of our water, to find out what it needs to get crystal clear again.
Right now it's a bit like pea soup.... maybe not quite that bad, but it's certainly not clear.

Visitors just left and it's back to just Stew and I again.  We are really enjoying doing nothing!  
I'm not even tempted to get in the sewing room.

9.30 pm: Watching a Christmas Special of Call The Midwives... I love this programme.  😊
Stew is hiding out in the lounge! lol

Time to sign off for the day, catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. It's Christmas Day afternoon here!! We'll be having our turkey dinner in about 3 hours at our granddaughters. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. So nice to see all the family together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! I am experiencing my first ever NOT WHITE Christmas. It is raining and brown out there. I wonder why Boxing Day isn't a thing here. That's just silly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:11 PM

      Boxing Day is a traditional UK and Commonwealth thing and was the day when employers acknowledged their employees with some sort of tip. As the US tips for good service all the year round perhaps you don't need it. It dates back to approximately 1870 and I don't know how long it has been a public holiday.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous12:40 PM

    Happy Christmas to Team Harvey 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to st Luke’s in and out 10 mins same no traffic plenty car parks leftover lamb Sammie’s now watching Beckham.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:11 PM

    You do so much for others Chris put your feet up and enjoy yourself. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:11 PM

    You do so much for others Chris put your feet up and enjoy yourself. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you got there just in time to get parking lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.