Sunday, December 17, 2023

SUNDAY ... BIT OF THIS 'N' THAT

 Day of rest ... yesterday's market was our last of the year, now we can relax for an entire month!

How wonderful.

As soon as Christmas is over I will have to get busy and make more Kiwiana and Black 'n' White Braid Runners.  I've sold so many of them.  I only have ONE Kiwiana one left, and I think?  2 Black 'n' White ones.

Sometime this coming week I'm unpacking all the runners, pressing them and laying them all flat for the next month.  

Then I can do a full stock take as well.

ABOVE:  Meanwhile.  Lacy is having the time of her life... so happy and settled in her forever home.  Gardening.  We gave her a big bag of potting mix yesterday and she's gone nuts, repotting so many of her plants. 

It's so weird seeing her so domesticated!  And happy.  She's the happiest she's been in MANY YEARS.  

It is wonderful to see.

                          DAY 7 OF 15

Today, Stew and I need to do a small grocery shop.  Just stuff (Diet Coke!), to tide us over till Christmas.

I'll be doing another shop next weekend for 'Christmas Day' food.

Lists have been made.  We are sharing the load this year.

We also have some new vege plants to put in the garden, and two passionfruit vines.
Every time I've planted passionfruit vines, we've moved house before they had any fruit!
THAT better not happen here I tell ya.

I'm so very happy here.



ABOVE:  A little video of the 'Fire Rock' I bought yesterday.  It was Stew's idea to get one.

I had a look at what was on offer first, then went back to Stew and asked him to go and look at them, then come back and tell me which one he liked the most.

Meanwhile, I wrote on a piece of paper what one I liked, and when Stew came back he told me which one he liked.

And, he liked the same one as me.  I KNEW he would choose the same one.  😊😌

1.53 pm: Well I had a busy morning doing odd jobs, washing, tidying the sewing room, sorting out market stuff, and so on.
Stew is out in the garden planting the new veges, and putting up trellis for the passionfruit vines.  Plus a few other things, just pottering around really.

I was exhausted by 11 am, so lay down for an hour.  My back was killing me to be honest.
Just been doing too much.
I will be so happy to be a total SLOTH for the next couple of weeks!

I still have quite a bit to do in readiness for Christmas Day... but I've got a week right?  πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š
ARE YOU READY?


ABOVE: One of the plants we bought yesterday was this MINI MUNCH CUCUMBER.  Never seen it before.
It just grows super small cucumbers, that you can pluck off and eat as is.  We just tried one. OMG so sweet and delicious.  I think Stew wants to go buy another plant now.  

7.23 pm:  We just went to the supermarket for a couple of things Stew didn't get at Pak'n'Save.
I decided to get a few of the Christmas foods that might sell out before next weekend.  Stuff that has longer Best Before times... so last for weeks, if not months.
Now I have that much less to get next weekend.

We are now just relaxing for the remainder of the evening.
Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. What on earth is a fire rock?? I'll Google πŸ˜πŸ‘
    So happy that Lacy is happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I'm going to ask the council about a fire rock coz that's blinken awesome πŸ‘Œ
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are so cute! That fire rock is amazing. I wonder if we can get them over here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:57 PM

    Chris They sell those cucumbers over in Australia in little punnets. They’re about $3.50 for about 7. Much cheaper to grow your own. Hope you get a bumper crop. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:09 PM

      Forgot to say they call them Qukes.

      Delete
  5. Karen D2:58 PM

    Ohhh those mini munch cucumbers look (and sound) divine! I think I may have to go check out if our local shop has these! I love cucumber but Alan doesn't like them, so these little ones would be just right for me!
    And so great to see Lacy so happy and settled. Her new place looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fire rock so cool.
    Who’d have thought the black n white runners be popular oh we did lol.

    Not long to go now until Xmas day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fire rock that is so cool! Glad you had a good market day. I might try your new way of eating I need to do something to get me kick started. Maybe start with a 7 day one lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.