Monday, December 11, 2023

I'VE GOT A COW ON ME TREE

 

ABOVE:  Steve 'n' Bex gave me the cutest cow ornament for our tree the other day.

There's quite a few cow 'things' dotted around my home ... I love cows.

Stew is home today, he booked today off work ages ago.

So, not sure what we are going to get up to today.

The gazebo thingee over our outdoor seating by the pool is coming down.  We don't like it.  It will be going out on the front grass verge for someone to take away for us.

Reason being it's a tight enough area without the gazebo.  At some point I will get a retractable shade awning for that area, one that doesn't impact on the space.

My new Challenge starts today.

I am going to be following it until Christmas Day, which will be my first 'Day Off'.  Then I will do A 14 DAY ROTATION for a while. The biggest thing will be cutting out sugar, and almost all carbs.
I still want to be eating fresh veges (which have carbs), but they are not processed carbs, so I'm having them.
Let's see how it goes. 
 
I will weigh in this morning on my home scales... then not again until Christmas Day morning.
This Challenge IS all about dropping some goddam kilos!
I'm sick to death of staying within the same bloody 5 kilos, up and down. 

I'm going for a walk first thing this morning, then coming home to do the usual Monday morning housework.
Then Stew and I will potter around doing odd jobs.

Catch ya later.


Bloody perfect day for a lake walk!
Super cloudy and not too hot.

ABOVE:  Lacy being a twat chasing geese.


ABOVE:  Duck... Duck... Coot.  And that Coot was going nuts at me, squawking it's head off.


ABOVE:  It took a bit of 'shepherding', but I got a Duck... Duck... Goose photo too.  

ABOVE:  We got tired of walking on the path, and did some 'walking on water' today.

Yeah nah.  I forgot to restart the app after stopping to take photos.  So not a correct account of our walk.  
It was slower than 'normal' I think.  We are all a bit tired.

Now, I'm going outside to deal to the feral begonias in my rockery.  They are going mental... just too many of them now.

ABOVE:  That didn't take too long.  All I had to do was snap all the begonia stalks off.  They will grow again I'm sure.  And if they don't, I don't actually mind.  They were taking over the entire area.

After that Stew and I attended a school assembly to see Archer get an end of Year Award.
Now I remember why I hate going to school assemblies!
OMG soooooooooo ...   NOT ME.

ABOVE:  Proud little man.

After that 'ordeal', we came home and had a VERY LATE lunch, and then I got on with another job on my 'to do' list for the day.

I'll show you tomorrow.  Don't hold ya breath, it's not that interesting.  But at least I'll have a photo for tomorrow, right?

I had a shower and washed my hair before going to the school thing, but now I have to have another one.  Cos  I got all dirty outside.  *sigh*

I'm all clean again... and now just chilling out watching the telly.

Today (Day 1 of 14) has gone well.  Sorta.  We had our main meal at around 3 pm today.  And I've felt hungry ever since.
Clearly carbs fill you up and stop you feeling hungry.  I hope my stomach gets used to this new regime soon.

And I'm now off to enjoy the evening.
Catch ya tomorrow.


15 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:33 AM

    Sounds like a plan! I think plans are always smart. I also think your day count/time interval system is really smart.

    It did make me giggle. Long ago I took a nutrition class. There was a woman who talked (and talked and talked) about how good she was about eating vegetables. Somehow it eventually came out that the only vegetables she ever ate were potatoes and corn.

    Teacher questioned her about green vegetables - nope, never, she hated them.

    For the rest of my life, probably, I giggle internally at “vegetables”.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just going to ask... "what about potatoes"? I have a weakness for potatoes and "Top the Tater". (sour cream with chives)

      Delete
    2. Potatoes are high in complex Carbs, so I will be steering clear of them, only having some on my day 'off'.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the challenge. But you're good at challenges. That weight is gonna go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do challenges so well I am sure you will rock this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:06 PM

    I've been reading your blog for a while and really enjoy it very much, so thank you for posting! I guess because I've been reading your blog for so long I felt like I should mention one thing about your challenge--I've been doing the high protein/low carb (or keto as it's called in the states) because I am pre-diabetic (I'm 69 years old so go figure). When I started my A1C was 13.4 (very upsetting) and within 6 months got it down to 5.9. However, I have to check my blood glucose almost daily to make sure it doesn't go too low! So, please be careful because the side effects of low blood sugar are not pleasant! Good luck! Those pounds/kilos will disappear in no time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A true Keto diet is HIGH FAT, Low Protein, no Carbs. I'm not doing a Keto Diet.

      Delete
    2. Oh and yes.. low blood sugar is horrible i agree! I'm hoping by having some carbs in veges I can avoid that happening.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous5:04 PM

    Haha I'm suprised you made it through the assembly haha 😄 super proud of the boys and how they have come so far in the last few years. Bex 💚

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Archer on your school award. I could live on salmon and chicken every day if I could afford it. Colonoscopy Thursday so my diet this week is real boring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you're hungry, up the protein! When I do low carb/high protein I keep cooked chicken, cans of tuna & ham available at all times. Protein fills you up as it's so slow to digest. Could you have a protein shake or protein water?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WATER??? Wash your mouth out with soap Nat!

      Delete
  8. Rhonda9:07 PM

    Good luck with your challenge. I’ve never attempted that style of eating so can offer no advice lol but I do know eggs are a good source of protein and could help when you are feeling hungry. Im sure you have researched and you’ll be all over it. You will know by how you feel if your body is screaming out for something 🤷‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... I'VE DONE NO RESEARCH AT ALL! Our Sons Steve and Mike are doing this diet, so I decided it was worth a go.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous2:45 PM

    Sounds good Chris. I have to do something because I'm not getting any exercise at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.