Saturday, December 09, 2023

A RED ONE

 Yaaa, today we don't have a market to attend.

We HAD thought about doing the Matamata Market today, but it would have meant we had to leave home at 5.30am ish, and that is just too early for us.  And it's not like we HAVE to do as many markets as possible!

It's a hobby.  Not a job.

Now... I said last night I'd show you my latest runner... the RED ONE.  So here it is:

ABOVE:  Back to me having some fun with characters.  I've always loved doing funky birds.  I've not done any in what feels like years.

What do you think of it?

It will be going to the Woodlands Market tomorrow.

Now, back to today.

What are we gunna get up to?

Stew has suggested we attend .......... a bloody market!   As shoppers.

Like WTF?

But his reasoning is that it's a big market, and we could go and look at it, with a view to us doing it next year.  Hmmm... I suppose it's a good idea.

So, we will do that.

Then probably have lunch out somewhere nice.

Maybe Raglan.

Let's see how the day goes eh?


2 pm.
The Hamilton Christmas Market was OK.  HEAPS of people there bright and early, queues even!
But the stalls?  Nothing we hadn't seen before, basically same stuff you see at any market.
Except, there was no one selling what I make.
It's probably worth thinking about applying to do it next summer.
It is an expensive market to be a stall holder at though, so that has to be taken into account too.

After that, we headed out to Raglan.




ABOVE:  God I love this fulla.

ABOVE:  It was a very hazy day in Raglan, so no really good photos.
We had a good look around the shops, found a couple of things for Christmas, then bought some fish 'n' chips for lunch,  and ate them while looking out to sea.
Very nice and peaceful.
Not much surf today, just little waves.

All up we were out for about 5 hours.
Home now, and contemplating a nana nap.
Woke up at 4.30 am this morning, and only had broken sleep after that, so I'm bloody tired.

I've decided to do another personal Challenge.   A bit different to the last one.  More about that on Monday.

6.10 pm:  family came over for a swim and dinner.
It's been LOUD and FUN here.

ABOVE:  I made this for the girls.  They didn't really like it, but as it gets hotter I'm sure they will like it.

ABOVE:  Marley looking so adorable on the back lawn after her swim.


ABOVE:  I love seeing everyone in the pool.
Summer is HERE finally.

I didn't get in the pool though, as I'm still getting over a nasty headache.

Everyone is now enjoying dinner, sausages, steak and wedges.

And now... all is quiet again.  Kids have gone home.
Back to just Stew and I.  It will be an early to bed night, as we have Woodlands Market tomorrow.

17 comments:

  1. The red runner is mighty. Funky birds are a great idea.
    Have fun wherever you end up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:58 AM

    Love the birds. I am not normally a “red” person either, but it is really fun.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red runner looks awesone! Have a lovely day ahead 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s a good idea to visit a market that you don’t normally attend. You can get ideas on display, different stock to make an who knows you might decide it could be a good market for you to attend as a seller

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:13 AM

    I love the red runner 😘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooops, I’m not anonymous.
    It’s me that loves the red runner 😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for the personal challenge. You do them well with great success.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That runner is so cute! Love the contrast between the black and red. I like the patchwork quality. You could do this runner in other color schemes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the red! I bet it sells fast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:58 PM

    Brilliant runner, just that bit different. Ro (n.w. Italy)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:00 PM

    Kiwionholidays

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:02 PM

    Well what a fabulous day out n loving the Raglin pics n all the pool ones at home
    What neat photos you take and more happy memories to add to the Book,
    Thanks for sharing with us
    The blog is pretty neat alright
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10:06 PM

    Kiwionholidays

    Sorry about the nearly empty post with just my name
    And it’s Raglan not Raglin 🥝
    It’s been a long week ✅🏃‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
    Sleep tite

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  14. You didn't seem to have issues with the pool summer prep this year

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the floating doggy basket!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the red runner. Those birds are cute. I bet it will sell.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous1:32 PM

    Love it all. The red runner is gorgeous. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.